Um...I hope this is the right forum - waterparks/shoes question inside

southern_redhead

DIS Veteran
I hope I am putting this in the right spot - is their a waterpark specific board? I didn't see one :) Anyway....

DS is wanting some of those "toe shoes" like the Vibram style, but I think the brand he picked out is Adidas. It stated, on the DSW site, that they could be used for swimming. Would they be allowed in the waterparks? What about on his feet ON the slides?

I have seen people say, somewhere, that you/they had to take their shoes off on the slides and hold them (uh......that sounds like a TON of trouble and a good way for a kid to lose shoes.) It seems like, on that thread, someone mentioned that it was mostly things like Crocs and flip flops that had to be held. So I was wondering about watershoes (and the toe shoes in specific.) I bought DD and YDS the $7 watershoes at Walmart - at 7 and 8 they don't "rank high enough" for an expensive, ugly shoe LOL However, ODS is having a birthday this month and wanted these and a Kodak Playsport. It sounded like a great gift to me, particularly IF these can be used in the waterparks.

Thoughts?

My family has worn watershoes at both Disney waterparks with no problems. The sidewalks can get super hot and the bottom of the wave pool was a bit abrasive so the shoes really helped. We did the waterslides and everything with them on and had no issues. Hope this helps.

Ann Marie :laundy:

PS - We leave in 22 days!!! :cool1:

Just keep in mind that you should were those for several months becasue they take getting use to so I would not plan it for the trip you have a month away. The finger shoes use slightly different muscle groups.

I just wear an old pair of socks. Keeps the feet off the hot cement and don't care if they get lost or ruined.

Denise in MI

I have some sandals made from a rubber material but they have a plastic buckle on them. Will I be able to wear these on the slides? If not do they really have you carry them on the slide? That seems like it could be dangerous if you can't hold on tight because you are holding them. Is it possilble to slip them off and pick them up when you are done. I assume the entrance isn't near the exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter