[UK REPORT---Franklin's Do Xmas In Orlando [intro & Background]

CHRIS FRANKLIN

Earning My Ears
I must admit that I had not really thought about posting any reports from our trip to Orlando at Christmas but after reading some great reports from other DIS users, thought I would try.
One of the problems was that although I took a notebook to make notes in Orlando it came back blank, typical, happens every time. I attempted to make a list from memory but old age is creeping up on me, apart from the obvious things i.e. New Years Eve etc there were big gaps.
But saved by the bell, I asked Val could she fill in the gaps, when I came home from work not only were all the gaps filled in but my list of what we did when had been corrected, apparently Glenn had to write a diary of his holiday as part of his homework for having four days off at the start of term, adding credit card statement details, camcorder and camera evidence here we go!!

BACKGROUND

We had a 9 night visit to WDW in February for Val’s 40th Birthday, while we were there Disney put a flyer under the hotel door offering discounts to come back within the year. We thought about it long and hard well all of two minutes and tried to get a rate for Christmas, $76 per night for the All Stars was agreed on. We had always wanted to go to WDW at Xmas and thought this was a once in a lifetime chance as we had the benefit of having Disney annual passes that ran to Feb 21st 2004 [cheaper than the unlimited pass for our 9 night stay in Feb], and a Universal Power pass for the year [i.e. we could use this ticket from 2nd Jan for unlimited entry].
So we decided to go! if we could get the flights and car at a reasonable price, we got the cheapest flights with Delta LGW via Atlanta from Trailfinders and changed the departure date a few times for free [Total cost £1100], and two weeks fully inclusive car hire [grade above compact] with Avis via Expedia for £200.
We eventually agreed to fly on December 26th and stay for two weeks. We then booked the Holiday Inn at Gatwick for £109 with 15 days parking or should I say booked cancelled rebooked and cancelled and finally booked again. We got £25 off the normal rate as I called ABC holiday extras and told them we wanted to leave the car at the hotel and not drive to Gatwick long term parking, they changed the booking and although I was prepared to pay extra for some reason it was £25 cheaper.

The party consisted of:

Chris [me]
Val [Now you all know here age from above]
Scott [14]
Glenn [10]

So here we go, The Franklins do Orlando for Xmas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter