UGH!!! Tell me to STOP looking at the stupid weather!!!

We need some extended rain not just a quick shower. It isn't the rainy season yet so we will have to wait and see.

Ok everyone, calm down.

Accuweather is about the least accurate forecast I have ever seen. Every time we go to Florida it seems that they call for rain, and excessive amounts of it. The only time we had that much rain was tropical storm fay. Otherwise, we get the usual isolated/scattered thunder storms in the afternoon hours.

Plus, the further out a forecast is, the higher the likelihood that it will change.

48 hour forecasts are about 50% accurate. 72 hour forecasts are about 20% accurate.

Look at these other forecasts:

My Forecast 15 day

Weather Network Canada 14 day

Weather.com 10 day

Wunderground 7 day

Notice something?

None of them are predicting the same thing

Unless there is a tropical depression or a tropical storm, 6-7 days of constant rain is exceptionally rare for Florida.

And The National Hurricane Center shows no signs of any such storm developing.

Go during hurricaine season a few years and one of two things will happen you will either avoid the news and weather at all costs or you will think a 60% chance or thunderstorms is a fabulous forecast.

www.wftv.com is a great local weather station. Personally we need the rain. I would much rather have rain than smell the smoke from the wildfires.

I think all of us realize that Florida needs rain to survive ecologically, just like any other area. I also don't think any of us would be upset with a day of rain, or a shower here or there. That is understandable, to be expected, and it wouldn't ruin my trip. However, when you spend THOUSANDS of dollars, and have planned and looked forward to this trip for months, it is extremely discouraging to see every single day of your trip depicted as a washout. Especially since many of us that are upset are from the midwest, where we have dealt with rain every day since like March, before which we were dealing with snow every day. It really has been a MISERABLE spring for us. Seriously, one of the crappiest springs in my memory. I think we are allowed to be frustrated and to commiserate together.

That being said, thanks to all of the PP who have been positive! It's true that a week out we don't know what will happen, and really only accuweather is showing the days and days of rain. Every other site just has the chance of thunderstorms, which I expect and can totally deal with! :thumbsup2

I think all of us realize that Florida needs rain to survive ecologically, just like any other area. I also don't think any of us would be upset with a day of rain, or a shower here or there. That is understandable, to be expected, and it wouldn't ruin my trip. However, when you spend THOUSANDS of dollars, and have planned and looked forward to this trip for months, it is extremely discouraging to see every single day of your trip depicted as a washout. Especially since many of us that are upset are from the midwest, where we have dealt with rain every day since like March, before which we were dealing with snow every day. It really has been a MISERABLE spring for us. Seriously, one of the crappiest springs in my memory. I think we are allowed to be frustrated and to commiserate together.

That being said, thanks to all of the PP who have been positive! It's true that a week out we don't know what will happen, and really only accuweather is showing the days and days of rain. Every other site just has the chance of thunderstorms, which I expect and can totally deal with! :thumbsup2

Rain or shine Have a good time:thumbsup2
Don't worry about the things you can not control. Go and have the time of your life. If it rains just deal with it. The sun will come out tomorrow......:rolleyes1

I too am concerned about the upcoming weather. Accuweather is saying Rain every single day we are tp be there (May16 - 23). However, I did notice that when you click on the individual days it has UV index of 9 and anywhere from .13" to .20" for rain. So anyways I am hoping that means it won't be a complete washout for the entire week.

I've been watching the weather too. Our trip is the 14th-21st. Our very first trip to WDW in 1999 was a wash out every day except the day we came in and the day we left. I was miserable. I am female and we usually look down when it rains to keep our face dry. Why? I don't know but it's the usual response.

This trip will be my 10th trip and NOW I know to wear a hat with a brim. I wear a baseball hat that has been scotch guarded multiple times. I can look up and around instead of just looking at the pavement should it start to rain. It sounds crazy but it makes a huge difference. I've also noticed that I'm cooler in the sun while wearing a cap. Who knew :confused3

I bought several tropical colored caps at walmart. :thumbsup2

My newly husband and I are leaving for our honeymoon on the 15th and will be staying there until the 25th and ofcorse I've been looking at the weather as well. I'm not too worried about it though, although I was counting on some sunny weather but HECK i'm on vacation!!! As long as i'm not at work I don't care what the weather is...that will just make our trip more exciting and adventurous! :cool1:

Just think of the great time you will have when you get there:cool1:, and keep hopeing for sunny skys!,we are all right there hopeing for sunny days for you:goodvibes.
It seems that Flordia has those rolling thunderstorms that come and out just as fast,so even if it rains most of the time it drys up. Actually the rain feels good sometimes

Just checked weather.com and the weather is shaping up nicely!!!:thumbsup2 For the first couple of days its stating isolated tshowers but only about 30% chance. Not worried, i think we are all gonna have great weather next week!! :goodvibes :banana:

To me, a rainy day in WDW is better than a sunny day here in NJ!

I do check the weather every day, but I don't stress about it. If it rains, it rains. We'll still have fun no matter what. Plus, the rain seems to scare people away. I have a picture from one of my trips a few years ago of my sister walking in the rain at DHS. It seriously looks like she's the only one in the park because everyone else was hiding.

DH & I have a habit of watching the weather about two weeks out from our trips habitually, I mean like a couple times a day. BUT after 13 trips to WDW I know that the weather is almost NEVER what I see on tv or read. Its constantly changing! I had one trip in 1999 where it rained the whole time, all of our pics we are wearing ponchos! It was kids first trip too! We have been fortunate enough tho that the rest of our trips has had very little rain. It may rain for about 5 or 10 mins and the it clears up. Which is normal for florida weather.. So try not to worry..

The forcast last month said rain almost everyday on my trip. It did rain for a total of 30 minutes spread out over the whole 10 days. So don't worry and honestly its fun when it rains! Have a great trip!

So glad to find someone else who obsesses as much as I do! We are at WDW the 19th-24th... Accuweather predicts rain and the other sites don't go that far out.

I don't mind rain but I am hoping it's not drenching. We usually go in December and have been very lucky to have avoided rain on most of our trips. The only question I have now is whether or not we should worry about bringing an extra pair of shoes in case our shoes get totally wet (which did happen once). We are staying DVC so we will have a dryer in our villa for a quick dry.

However, if it's just an afternoon thunderstorm, I think we're good. We're big believers in the afternoon nap - and those t-storms will blow through just as I am snoozing!

So glad to find someone else who obsesses as much as I do! We are at WDW the 19th-24th... Accuweather predicts rain and the other sites don't go that far out.

I don't mind rain but I am hoping it's not drenching. We usually go in December and have been very lucky to have avoided rain on most of our trips. The only question I have now is whether or not we should worry about bringing an extra pair of shoes in case our shoes get totally wet (which did happen once). We are staying DVC so we will have a dryer in our villa for a quick dry.

However, if it's just an afternoon thunderstorm, I think we're good. We're big believers in the afternoon nap - and those t-storms will blow through just as I am snoozing!

We will be there at that time and my dd is totally obsessing about the weather and making me craaaaaaazy. :mad:

We've dealt with rain before. One way we handle the footwear question for me and my dh since we both prefer sneakers is to bring flip flops in our pack. When it starts to rain and it's not a short-term situation, we change out the sneakers for the flip flops.

Check the AccuWeather extended forecast today folks. Let's hope it stays that way! I'd rather not have a repeat of May 2009. I understand the need for rain but that May brought 2 feet of rain to some areas of Florida. My feet were under water in some parts of World Showcase!

CritterToronto

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter