• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ugh….So many restaurants have not released reservations yet…

Aela

DIS Veteran
Today was our 60+10 for Christmas trip. Why are so many Restaurants holding back reservations? Specifically for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day… And the week between Christmas and New Year’s?

California Grill has nothing at all after the 23rd (zero on the 23-27), whispering canyon Café doesn’t have anything for the 24th or 25th (on the 25th it shows only breakfast, and there’s nothing there… so I’m guessing they haven’t released the day at all yet?). I would understand if maybe they had booked out for Christmas morning, but so many reservations are not available yet.

Additionally Restaurants like Boma after Dec 13th.. Topolino’s has nothing at 60+10? Dec 24-27th.. nothing. Plenty before those days.

There’s no way that all these restaurants are booked out at 60+10 🙄

What’s the point of giving us 60+10 for staying on site when they are going to hold back so many reservations?

On the plus side, I did get Space220 Lounge…. Which I wasn’t even wanting to eat at.. but since I cannot get any of the meals I actually do want… what the hell.

Attached you can see the screenshot for Dec 25th at WCC. Reservation option only lets us select Breakfast (ending at 11am)? But still… no reservations listed. Nothing available at all.

I know it is Christmas Day, and WCC probably books early.. but it is not even showing the ability to search for lunch and dinner.. and come on… 60+8? And Nothing.. ?

Attachments

• A97498BF-2CA4-4AEB-A007-DC985698ACBA.png
    A97498BF-2CA4-4AEB-A007-DC985698ACBA.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
WDW seemed determined to make the 60+ unusable in some respects. They did the same thing with Thanksgiving reservations, They eventually opened them up with no announcement. 🤬

The same thing happened this February. Half of the places didn’t release reservations until well past my 60+ dates because of dining and theater packages, and then random places like Ohana didn’t release dates until weeks later. ADRs are a mess and they have pushed me towards QS.

WDW seemed determined to make the 60+ unusable in some respects. They did the same thing with Thanksgiving reservations, They eventually opened them up with no announcement. 🤬
So frustrating. I booked what I could for the holidays. Nothing I actually WANT, but at least we have meals. Stuff that SHOULD be rare, but I didn’t actually want.. and common stuff we want.. but cannot get. I booked breakfast Christmas morning at Homecomin, but would much rather have Boma or WCC.

Dinner at 220 Lounge on the 26th, but wanted Sanaa.

Booked Toledo on the 24th but really wanted Cali Grill. (I know this wasn’t rare! But still… I checked other places first)

Oh and Steakhouse 71, A&C, and Grand Floridian Cafe is not populated either. No openings for B/L/D on the 24-27?

I feel your pain. It took me a while to figure out something was up after trying 5 different days with Boma. I'm a slow learner.

Same for me, at least I got dinner at BoG on 12/24 as well as Tiffins on 12/25 and after one hour Topolinos on 12/22.
But several other locations were not available at all. And my Ohana booking didn't get through for 12/21😔

Same for me, at least I got dinner at BoG on 12/24 as well as Tiffins on 12/25 and after one hour Topolinos on 12/22.
But several other locations were not available at all. And my Ohana booking didn't get through for 12/21😔
I see ohana breakfast (for 3) on the 21st. Otherwise yeah. I would like Boma & S71 breakfast, neither are currently released. I was able to get Christmas Eve at Cali Grill a few minutes ago.

I see ohana breakfast (for 3) on the 21st. Otherwise yeah. I would like Boma & S71 breakfast, neither are currently released. I was able to get Christmas Eve at Cali Grill a few minutes ago.
Thanks for the tip, but I want Ohana for dinner - all you can (m)eat😁

Maybe the problem arises when the plus 10 book out everything with fake reservations that don’t automatically delete the reservations when guests cancel their resort reservations.
I just noticed this when I deleted my resort reservation recently and it alerted me to cancel independently my other confirmations.

Last edited:
Maybe the problem arises when the plus 10 book out everything with fake reservations that don’t automatically delete the reservations when guests cancel their resort reservations.
I just noticed this when I deleted my resort reservation recently and it alerted me to cancel independently my other confirmations.
Yeah I get that, but that isn’t why the reservations aren’t loading. They aren’t even open on the window. It’s not that they are booked. There are plenty of rare openings, and some places have zero. Steakhouse71 has nothing after Dec 17, the page doesn’t even load correctly on the 18th+ (Brunch&dinner?). Same for Boma. Grand Floridian Cafe has nothing after the 24th. No B/L/D, even on the 27? Ale & Compass? Nothing.

Last edited:
Yeah I get that, but that isn’t why the reservations aren’t loading. They aren’t even open on the window. It’s not that they are booked. There are plenty of rare openings, and some places have zero. Steakhouse71 has nothing after Dec 17, the page doesn’t even load correctly on the 18th+ (Brunch&dinner?). Same for Boma and others.

WCC is a Christmas Eve/Day issue. Nothing loaded and only showing breakfast to search.
I agree this problem is more of an iT loading reservations issues in a timely manner than a hogging of reservations. Then, at some unknown and unannounced time, reservations will mysteriously appear.

Fwiw, Topolino’s, GFC, Kona, Trattoria Al Forno, Chef Mickey, and A&C have all been released for the holiday days. Still no Boma or S71 on any day.. or WCC on the 24/25th.

I’m still not having any luck with this and I am searching for the Original News Release to understand it better. I must be doing something wrong …
Is anybody successful ?

A number were released, others still not. What specifically are you looking for?

Steakhouse 71 was finally released for later in December, FYI. We're staying at the Contemporary for the second half of our split stay and was able to finally book for our "last night" dinner there.

ADRs esp prime time slots are being held back for resort guests

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ss-to-additional-dining-reservations.3899573/

Be careful booking for a resort you’re not staying at. There are IT issues that CMs are well aware of (she annoyingly kept calling it ‘magical extras’ that the system does once in a while). We’re at the Poly and SH71 conflicted with Ohana and froze (wouldn’t modify, wouldn’t let me cancel, CM couldn’t cancel and IT doesn’t/can’t cancel) so I was told to pay the no show fee and they will put a note down that I called to cancel (45 min call was 60 min wait btw) and the. I have to call back again or chat to get a refund on the no show fee. Meanwhile I can not book anything for 2 hours around that ADR.

Last edited:
Seems Fantasmic meals are being limited for Xmas/NYE week as well for now with only Hollywood and Vine having the ability to search for times...the others won't even give you the option

Seems Fantasmic meals are being limited for Xmas/NYE week as well for now with only Hollywood and Vine having the ability to search for times...the others won't even give you the option
I’m waiting for Brown Derby Fantasmic. I haven’t seen anything for that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter