• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber or Lyft from Sanford

deva

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I am flying into Sanford on a Thursday, arriving around 10:00. I was planning on doing Uber or Lyft. However, I recently read a post on the Universal board that getting an Uber from Sanford was "few and far between" and it could be a twenty-minute wait. The post was a couple months old. Does anyone have any experience using Uber or Lyft from Sanford that they could share?

Thank you.

Hi All,

I am flying into Sanford on a Thursday, arriving around 10:00. I was planning on doing Uber or Lyft. However, I recently read a post on the Universal board that getting an Uber from Sanford was "few and far between" and it could be a twenty-minute wait. The post was a couple months old. Does anyone have any experience using Uber or Lyft from Sanford that they could share?

Thank you.
Sanford is definitely "off the beaten path" as far as Orlando's tourist corridor so drivers could be harder to find.
Ask your question in the following thread, RideShareRob or one of the other drivers who frequent the thread may have an answer for you.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/page-22

You can rent a car one way from Sanford to MCO and then take DME if you are staying on site. Or possibly drive to Disney Car Care Center. Quick check on Hotwire shows prices under $20.

While it might not be part of the tourist corridor, I assure you that many of us who are locals in the central Florida region also use those services--probably far more than tourists do. I just looked, and there are eight Uber cars within a 10 minute drive of the Sanford airport right now. Of course if you are trying to get an Uber during weekday rush hour, it might be more difficult, but by 10:00 am it shouldn't be an issue. At around 10:00 am over the next few days, open the app and put in Sanford Airport and your destination, and you should get a pretty good idea of availability. You can do so without calling a car. FYI, there is terrible construction on I-4 right now, so a flat rate car service might be a better option to a metered service like Uber or Lyft.

I am an Uber driver, but not in that area. That being said I always rent, the rates are not expensive and I dislike the long waits for buses, and bus rides. We also like eating and often staying off site. I don't find Disney magic on packed buses, ice cold buses or waiting for the next bus after a wait for the first bus to get back to the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter