• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typhoon Lagoon Umbrella Rental Questions

kmg1107

Mouseketeer
I read through the prior posts and found info about the beachcomer shacks, but not much on umbrellas.
We are headed to Typhoon Lagoon over Easter weekend with two kids (9 & 5). I'd love to hear your experiences about renting an umbrella. We do not plan on staying all day... and likely will not arrive right at opening.
- Would reserving an umbrella allow us to save our spot even if we arrive later in the morning?
- Do we have access to the chairs and umbrellas all day?
- What location are the umbrellas located?
Thanks so much!

I read through the prior posts and found info about the beachcomer shacks, but not much on umbrellas.
We are headed to Typhoon Lagoon over Easter weekend with two kids (9 & 5). I'd love to hear your experiences about renting an umbrella. We do not plan on staying all day... and likely will not arrive right at opening.
- Would reserving an umbrella allow us to save our spot even if we arrive later in the morning?
Thanks so much!
Hi! I just rented a Typhoon Lagoon umbrella for 4/10! We've rented them once before in 2017. You get 2 lounge chairs, 2 upright chairs, a tiny table and the umbrella. When you check in you get towels too. They are in a separate area but next to/behind the beachcomber shacks. And to the left of happy landing ice cream place. I think there are like 10?? groupings in this sand area. They are spaced out apart from each other so you're not sitting on top of someone like in the general areas. They give you a paper wrist band so you can enter the area. You have it reserved so you don't have to be there at opening. You get it all day. We still got a locker for wallets but we left our stuff there all day no problem. And lots of sand area in the middle (the umbrella and chairs area all along the edge kind of like a circle with empty sand space in the middle - so lots of room for kids to play in the sand. I'm not sure if the kids meals still do the sand buckets there but my son used his and played in the sand there. I put a map picture - U are the umbrellas and B are the shacks. 14 is the happy landing ice cream and 13 is leaning palms restaurant. Hope that helps!

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 12.32.11 PM.png

This is helpful information! I also wasn't able to find much about the umbrellas. I have one rented for 4/13. I'm glad to hear it's a reserved area and we can have it all day if we choose!

Hi! I just rented a Typhoon Lagoon umbrella for 4/10! We've rented them once before in 2017. You get 2 lounge chairs, 2 upright chairs, a tiny table and the umbrella. When you check in you get towels too. They are in a separate area but next to/behind the beachcomber shacks. And to the left of happy landing ice cream place. I think there are like 10?? groupings in this sand area. They are spaced out apart from each other so you're not sitting on top of someone like in the general areas. They give you a paper wrist band so you can enter the area. You have it reserved so you don't have to be there at opening. You get it all day. We still got a locker for wallets but we left our stuff there all day no problem. And lots of sand area in the middle (the umbrella and chairs area all along the edge kind of like a circle with empty sand space in the middle - so lots of room for kids to play in the sand. I'm not sure if the kids meals still do the sand buckets there but my son used his and played in the sand there. I put a map picture - U are the umbrellas and B are the shacks. 14 is the happy landing ice cream and 13 is leaning palms restaurant. Hope that helps!

View attachment 746420
Thank you! This is super helpful.

I’m SO glad I splurged for the shack - thank you, it sounds and looks awesome !

Just a heads up that that area was renovated prior to TL's last opening.. there are still a handful of umbrellas in the sand area there but it is now surrounded by the shacks the were there before and now new premium shacks. They don't have the map below drawn correctly and it doesn't show everything, but the numbers are a series of the newer premium shacks.

Partial Cabana Map_Use This One.jpg

Here are some views out towards that sandy area showing the umbrellas left. When this was taken (a year ago) there were 5 umbrellas - 2 were open access for the shacks and 3 were for rent. We had a shack in this area again later last year (after this was taken) and they may have all been for rent then, I'm not entirely sure so don't quote that as fact.

IMG_4455.jpeg

IMG_4456.jpeg

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

Thanks so much!
We did the umbrellas too probably around 2018 and it definitely saved us a spot so it didn't matter what time we showed up and we had it for the day. I think your questions have been answered but just noting I really enjoyed having it and would do it again to have the reserved seats and umbrella especially when it is a crowded time. :)

We rented an umbrella several years ago. Borrowing @GADisneyDad14’s map, our umbrella was in the circled area to the right of the wave pool. It was nicely isolated & quiet, but since you’re elevated, there wasn’t any view.

DC69EACB-A005-4E15-AC21-F16E5C63AB6A.jpeg

We haven’t been back to TL since so not sure if they still have them in that area.

Thanks so much!
How did it go with the umbrella? Interesting to know if you had plenty of shade and some space. Thank you!

I rented an umbrella in August last year and it was well worth the money. We didn't have to search in the heat for a place to put our stuff, we didn't have to worry too much about people taking out stuff. We certainly didn't have to worry about people taking our chairs. There was two loungers and two chairs and a small table. For 2 people it was great. We were in the back section of the umbrellas but we were right next to the wave pool. I circled where we were. The only bad thing was getting to that section because it was a little difficult at first, but once we figured it out, it was easy.

1681317788627.png

We are also looking into this...Do you get to choose your umbrella within that area? And is it in a good location to check in with teens running around, or have lazy river access anywhere close? Thanks!

We rented an umbrella when we went in 2021. I honestly don’t think it was worth it for the price. If you get there in the AM, you won’t have a problem getting a chair, though getting one in the shade might be difficult. I think it was BB that we were at. The area was very secluded. I would have preferred an area closer to the action.

We rented twice during our recent vacation. First day we went we arrived before 10 AM and got to witness the TL rope drop and the mad rush for spots in the shade. Who knew? While waiting to check in at High and Dry, multiple times I overheard the CMs telling guests that the umbrellas were all rented out for the day. The second time was near the end of our trip and we were tired and slept in. We arrived at TL around 2:30 PM, later than I expected. But, it was nice to have a spot in the shade.

Both times we were placed in the area that 1Grumpy9 circled in the map. We had umbrellas #25 and #23. Kids enjoyed playing in the sand, and watching the big waves in the wave pool. I enjoyed having a reserved spot, some shade, space around me, and provided towels. The towels were small and thin, nothing special, but they did the job! One less thing I had to pack! I would 100% do it again, just to not have to deal with the mad rush at 10 AM for a chair in the shade.

But, if you are familiar with TL and where you want to sit, and will rope drop, you should be able to find a shady nice spot!

Thanks-
We haven't been there in years so I don't have an idea of the layout. Going with two active teens who will be off on their own but due to not bringing phones, we want to have a check-in/hang out spot that's easily found. We adults will likely be in the lazy river or lazy chairs for most of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter