Typhoon Lagoon this Wed? How busy?

meebosh

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, I’d like to get peoples opinion how busy it is likely to be at typhoon lagoon this Wednesday? We’ll be visiting for the day from Jacksonville. Not sure if it’ll be reasonable or we’ll be waiting 1+ hour for slides? Don’t need extreme slides.

We’re a family of 5 with a 6, 10 and 14 year old.

Alternatively, should we consider any other water parks such as aquatica or volcano bay?

Thanks!

My sister and I went to Typhoon Lagoon yesterday and it was busy but not insanely packed. Longest wait for any slide was 30 minutes for Miss Adventure Falls. Crush N Gusher is a walk on in the morning. The lazy river was shoulder to shoulder people in certain spots. The wave pool wasn't bad. You had room to swim without bumping into other people. Food lines were really long at peak meal times, especially the ice cream stands.

A lot of chairs do not have shade so the spots with umbrellas were taken very quickly. I recommend sitting where the Shark Reef used to be. It was really quiet and there are a few shady spots to sit. Also towels are not free for non Disney resort guests so definitely bring your own.

I've never been to Volcano Bay so I cannot compare them. I'm considering going soon as I've heard it's really nice.

My sister and I went to Typhoon Lagoon yesterday and it was busy but not insanely packed. Longest wait for any slide was 30 minutes for Miss Adventure Falls. Crush N Gusher is a walk on in the morning. The lazy river was shoulder to shoulder people in certain spots. The wave pool wasn't bad. You had room to swim without bumping into other people. Food lines were really long at peak meal times, especially the ice cream stands.

A lot of chairs do not have shade so the spots with umbrellas were taken very quickly. I recommend sitting where the Shark Reef used to be. It was really quiet and there are a few shady spots to sit. Also towels are not free for non Disney resort guests so definitely bring your own.

I've never been to Volcano Bay so I cannot compare them. I'm considering going soon as I've heard it's really nice.
Thanks for the info! I’m sold on trying it out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter