TWO WONDERFUL NIGHTS AT PORT ORLEANS RESORT

~Tinkerella

Mouseketeer
DH and I spent two nights at Port Orleans Riverside Resort 30 April and 1 May, before embarking on a Disney Cruise.

We arrived at MCO around 8:30 a.m. and went straight to Magical Express. We were boarded immediately and the motor coach departed in less than 5 minutes. During the drive I received a text that said our room was not ready yet but I would receive another text when it was. About 45 minutes later while we were still on the motor coach the second text came in ~ our room was ready before 9:30 a.m.!!

On our last trip with our daughter we stayed at Partierre Place in a Royal Room, this time we were in Magnolia Bend in the Acadian House ~ it was absolutely beautiful. It was nice to be able to get into the room at that time of the day instead of waiting until after 3 or 4 p.m. We dropped off our carry-on and went to grab a quick bite to eat at Riverside Mill. It wasn't too crowded at all. We took a stroll around through Alligator Bayou to return to our room and our luggage was delivered shortly thereafter ~ what terrific service. Our magic bands worked flawlessly.

We didn't visit the parks this visit since it was such a short visit, and I thought all the construction would lose the magic for me. Instead we enjoyed strolling around the property, going to Ol' Man Island, taking the boat to Downtown Disney, and doing some resort hopping.

The food at Riverside Mill was good; the usual choices ~ no complaints at all, and my DH especially enjoyed the "create your own pasta" option. On Friday morning we walked over to French Quarter for beignets which were terrific. If there is one complaint at all it would be the coffee!!! I've read many other reviews with similar complaints.

We didn't visit the area in Downtown Disney where all the construction was happening but did enjoy strolling through the shops in the area immediately off the boat dock from Riverside. We visited Animal Kingdom Lodge so that we could see the animals on the Savannah, Wilderness Lodge, Art of Animation Resort, and rode the monorail to stop at the resorts there. We took a stroll through the Grand Floridian and walked over to check out the wedding chapel which was beautiful.

During the entire visit ~ we NEVER, EVER waited for more than 5 minutes for transportation and that includes the ferry from the Magic Kingdom to Wilderness Lodge.

We had a lovely visit before our cruise and cannot wait to return!

Nice! So glad you had a great visit! We are staying at POR this September and are really looking forward to it. I think we'll plan to walk over to POFQ to check it out also.

Sounds nice. Thanks for your review. POR is a lovely resort.
Hope you had a great cruise!

Nice! So glad you had a great visit! We are staying at POR this September and are really looking forward to it. I think we'll plan to walk over to POFQ to check it out also.

We stayed at Port Orleans last year and loved it! Even though you take the bus everywhere, basically, it was such a nice stay we didn't care! We will be there in September too! Staying at the Contemporary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter