Two Weeks of Food, Wine & Fun! REVIEWS COMPLETE!

smile4stamps

DIS Veteran
Hello!

this Dining Report will cover the food from the 2 weeks we spent gorging ourselves at Walt Disney World! This trip is filled with lots of Food and Food & Wine events!

I will give just a few details for a little background but mostly I am going to try and keep this report ALL dining related! I also have a TR going here so if you want more of the other details please visit over there! You can find the TR HERE!

My name is Paula. Ive been married to my WONDERFUL husband Hunter for 8.5 years. I am a HUGE Disney fan! My husband is going along because he knows it makes me happy! The last time we went to WDW was in May 2009 where we celebrated our 5 year anniversary.

In 09 I developed an AWFUL cold and I feel like I was robbed of some of the dining experiences so I am PRAYING I do not get sick again this time!

For the last several years I have dreamed of returning to WDW for the F&W Festival. Since my husband and I are BOTH Foodies (Him more than I, he is actually a trained Pastry Chef!) it sounds like a wonderful time for a visit!

The reason it was decided to go this year is we purchased a house in February and in doing so we began living separately. In order to afford our dream house I have had to stay in CA for my job. This trip commences a 9.5 week separation. My husband has allowed me to plan it as we knew the being apart would be difficult and it gave me something to look forward to. So since the trip is almost here I am going to start my PDR and then it will continue into my DR! And since we will still be living apart when we return I will have plenty of time to work on my TR and DR! (I promise to finish this one, unlike my 09 report which was only finished with some pictures several years later!)

Now onto the important stuff! Where we ate!! (Links will appear as I complete the reviews)

Thursday October 11

Travel Day Food

Friday October 12
Biergarten 3:05pm
Hops & Barley Booth
3D: Disney Dessert Discovery (Sweet Seats) 7:45pm

Saturday October 13
Raglan Road 11am
Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic 5:30pm

Sunday October 14
Main Street Bakery
Liberty Tree Tavern 11:30am
Yachtsman Steakhouse 7:15pm

Monday October 15
Lunch around the World at F&W booths, and a snack from France
Via Napoli 7:00pm

Tuesday October 16
The Hollywood Brown Derby 11:30am
Bluezoo 7:00pm

Wednesday October 17
Tusker House 8:05am
Yak & Yeti 2:00pm
California Grill 7:50pm

Thursday October 18

Pepper Market Lunch
The Plaza 5:30pm

Friday October 19

Citricos Signature Lunch with Lasseter Wines 12:30pm
Territory Lounge & Hoop Dee Doo Review (Category 3) 8:30pm

Saturday October 20
Les Chefs de France 1:00pm
Party for the Senses Reserved Seats 7:15pm

Sunday October 21

Crystal Palace 8:15am
Grand Marnier F&W event 2:45pm
Territory Lounge & Artist Point 7:55pm

Monday October 22

Lunch Snack Around the World at F&W booths
Citricos 5:40pm

Tuesday October 23

Roaring Forks Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks and Trout Pass Pool Bar
Flying Fish 5:30pm & WPE late night Pizza

Wednesday October 24
Kona lunch
Jiko Wine & Cheese Tasting 3:00pm
Citrico's Spanish Wine Dinner

Thursday October 25
Kona Cafe Breakfast
5:00pm Victoria & Alberts Chefs Table+4 posts following!

As you can see I dont have 3 meals a day scheduled! We are NOT on a dining plan. I purchased an Annual Pass to be able to get a Tables in Wonderland card figuring it would be a better deal for us! The days where there are not a lot of meals planned we will either have more F&W booth treats or find someplace nearby to eat. I love breakfast food but my husband does not so there may or may not be more breakfasts!

Please feel free to comment, criticize, and join in as you wish!

Yay, you started a dining report! I've said it before, but all your plans are incredible. Between Food & Wine, the signatures, and the V&A Chef's Table, there's so much amazing stuff to come in this report! :worship:

Can't wait for more :goodvibes

Yay, you started a dining report! I've said it before, but all your plans are incredible. Between Food & Wine, the signatures, and the V&A Chef's Table, there's so much amazing stuff to come in this report! :worship:

Can't wait for more :goodvibes

Thanks!! I've tried to book all of our favorites as well as some new ones. Plenty of F&W and when I type it out it looks like lots of wholes to fill! :rotfl2:

I'm thinking a bunch of the holes will be snacking around the world!

I wasn't sure if I would to a PDR but with 2 weeks to go I decided to go ahead and get it going!

Wow! 2 weeks:cool1:. I have to wait to comment until I am on my computer and can print your plans. Lucky for you it is so much to think about! One thing I will say is that I wouldn't plan a big dinner on the days you will be eating around the world. We did last year and found we were not hungry at all at dinner! This year on our F+W day we are going back to POR and IF we are hungry we will grab something from the lounge or CS. Have a great time! We will be there a week after you so don't delay your reviews! ;)

Wow! 2 weeks:cool1:. I have to wait to comment until I am on my computer and can print your plans. Lucky for you it is so much to think about! One thing I will say is that I wouldn't plan a big dinner on the days you will be eating around the world. We did last year and found we were not hungry at all at dinner! This year on our F+W day we are going back to POR and IF we are hungry we will grab something from the lounge or CS. Have a great time! We will be there a week after you so don't delay your reviews! ;)

Unfortunately I want to eat at all the places we have dinner reservations for so it will most likely be a case of spreading the F&W booths out over numerous days to be able to enjoy it all!

My reviews will be starting when I return and can get my photos uploaded but it will most likely take me quite some time to get through them all!

Unfortunately I want to eat at all the places we have dinner reservations for so it will most likely be a case of spreading the F&W booths out over numerous days to be able to enjoy it all!

My reviews will be starting when I return and can get my photos uploaded but it will most likely take me quite some time to get through them all!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! ENJOY!!!

Hi Paula!!! I'm joining as well. ::yes::

Juggling a PDR and PTR - what a gal! I know that at some point I will update my DR with my TR or visa versa.

Looking forward to all the deliciousness that your trip will have to offer!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned! ENJOY!!!

Thank you!

I'm here! :banana:

:welcome: Barb!!

Hi Paula!!! I'm joining as well. ::yes::

Juggling a PDR and PTR - what a gal! I know that at some point I will update my DR with my TR or visa versa.

Looking forward to all the deliciousness that your trip will have to offer!

:welcome: Brenda! Well I've been debating starting the PDR for awhile and I figured with just over 2 weeks to go now was the time. I really don't have much to update in my PTR report now so figured it was time for the dining report. I didn't realize till I typed it up today that I had so many days with only one meal planned! I am guessing I won't be adding much to it now yet as I want to see how much we want to spend at the F&W festival noshing around the booths! Have you need for F&W? I need opinions on how many "meals" the booths should be!!

I haven't decided yet if I will be doing my DR and TR side-by-side or not. I probably will though. Last time I never got to my TR and I don't want to forget a minute of this trip so I will attempt to do as you are and no them both together!

This sounds excellent! I'm in!

:welcome: Thanks for joining!!

Your plans look amazing and you're going to finish it off with Victoria & Albert's!! :banana: I can't wait to read your reviews!

Your plans look amazing and you're going to finish it off with Victoria & Albert's!! :banana: I can't wait to read your reviews!

I knew we were definitely going to do V&A's this trip and figured the best place for it was at the end! I am still in shock that I was able to get the Chef's Table!! Hubby is in for a surprise!!

Ha! I could have looked here for your dining line up and seen your breakfast choices. :laughing:

Here's my list of your reviews that I am really looking forward to reading.
Jiko, Bluezoo, Raglan Road and of course the incredible V&A!!!

Ha! I could have looked here for your dining line up and seen your breakfast choices. :laughing:

Here's my list of your reviews that I am really looking forward to reading.
Jiko, Bluezoo, Raglan Road and of course the incredible V&A!!!

No Problem! I'm most looking forward to.... ALL of it!! LOL! :rotfl: No but really... Going down the line I am excited about the F&W events. Bluezoo, Flying Fish, and V&A's. The other dinner restaurants we have been to before so am looking forward to more excellent meals from them!

Your plans look amazing. Can't wait to hear about it.

Thank you! It's 2 weeks from today we will be on planes to get there!!

I have a list of snacks I wish to try! The hard part is going to be fitting them in with all of our meals and other F&W yumminess!

Here is my list so far. I know there is more I want but I can't remember them off the top of my head!

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons: Berry Bread Pudding

America: Pumpkin Funnel Cake

Germany: Caramel Crunch Bar, Salted Caramel

Magic Kingdom
Sleepy Hollow: Waffle Sandwiches
Sunshine Terrace: Citrus Swirl

DHS
Writers Stop: Carrot Cake Cookie

Resorts
Peanut Butter Cupcake - Contempo Café (Contemporary)

Boardwalk Bakery: Cheesecake Brownie

What are your top snacks!?!? These will all be OOP as no dining plan!

I had to go get myself a snack before I could bring myself to read your snack list!!

Now I can answer your question....

My favorites by park are:
MK: Mickey pretzel although I tried the waffle (fruit) sandwich but it's too big to think of as a snack!

DHS: Definitely the carrot cake cookie. :banana: Oh, and the red velvet cupcake at Starring Rolls was great!

Epcot: Anything from the France Bakery. :lovestruc

AK: Never had a snack there! We're never in the park all day for that to be an issue. However, I want to try the jalepeno stuffed pretzel and the toasted nuts.

Resorts:
Any Krispie Treats and don't laugh but the Smuckers P&J Uncrustables

I'm so envious of your dining options. To answer your question, my favorite snack is gelato from the Italy pavillion in Epcot!...and the grey goose slush in the France Pavillion. That counts as a snack, right?

My favorite snacks are the pineapple-vanilla swirl dole whip at Aloha Isle (of course) and the cupcakes at Roaring Fork. The sugar crêpe in France and the rice cream in Norway are also among my favorites. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter