• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two Trips for 2023! (PTR + Dec TR)-Completed 12/22

This is really exciting...Stranger things at HHN would be super cool!
I'm really hoping for it!
I loved that movie too! Too bad the restaurant didn't have anything to do with it!
I guess I don't know how it would, but it'd be fun if the movie one was based on an actual restaurant.
Yeah when I was in Charleston I wished we were staying downtown where you could walk to things.
I'm kind of glad we weren't because we wouldn't have been able to have the car (parking was crazy at all of those hotels), and once we went one day I felt like we'd gone to all the shops and stuff we wanted.
I’m sorry I didn’t see this trip report sooner! So good to see you back on the boards!
Thanks for joining in!

We had decided one of those tours would be better so we wouldn't have to worry about parking.
Good strategy!!
For instance Lady Chablis a performer in the book (who played the character in the movie) and used to perform here.
The first time I went to Savannah, we listened to the audio book of that on the way, highly recommend!
For instance Lady Chablis a performer in the book (who played the character in the movie) and used to perform here.
I seem to recall another Disfriend who had actually met her?
The museum was interesting, and had a lot of cool displays. There's also a little speakeasy bar at the end, but we didn't buy the tickets that included a drink so we skipped that.
I really liked this museum...I don't have the attention span for big museums and hate spending a lot of money to get in them because I don't usually stay long. I found this one the perfect size and well displayed.
Finally we stopped at a Byrd's Cookies.
I agree with you on this. Have you had the cookies from Honolulu cookie co? Byrds remind me of these but the ones from Hawaii taste way better lol

Enjoying your trip report but missing your pictures :guilty:. I’ve been to a wedding at the Tides and one of the centerpieces caught on fire… was quickly put out but is there a reoccurring theme here?! 🤣 And totally agree about Taco Boy… always seems a bit chaotic but they have awesome margaritas.🍹

I‘ve lived in Charleston for over 30 years and have never been to Savannah (except to drive by on the way to Orlando). I should probably add that to my list of things to do… after it cools back down in the fall anyway. 😉

Looking forward to reading more.

The first time I went to Savannah, we listened to the audio book of that on the way, highly recommend!
I bought the book there! But I still have to read it.
I seem to recall another Disfriend who had actually met her?
I’m not sure I may not have read that TR but that’s really cool!
I really liked this museum...I don't have the attention span for big museums and hate spending a lot of money to get in them because I don't usually stay long. I found this one the perfect size and well displayed.
Yes! I don’t like ones with guided tours too so this was perfect.
I agree with you on this. Have you had the cookies from Honolulu cookie co? Byrds remind me of these but the ones from Hawaii taste way better lol
I think I bought those at the Poly before! I actually didn’t really like those but everyone else I gave them too loved them.
Enjoying your trip report but missing your pictures :guilty:. I’ve been to a wedding at the Tides and one of the centerpieces caught on fire… was quickly put out but is there a reoccurring theme here?! 🤣 And totally agree about Taco Boy… always seems a bit chaotic but they have awesome margaritas.🍹
So they were gone! Lol thank you. Annnd I just looked today and they’re back? I didn’t do anything but they’re there! That is strange that it happens so much 🤣
I‘ve lived in Charleston for over 30 years and have never been to Savannah (except to drive by on the way to Orlando). I should probably add that to my list of things to do… after it cools back down in the fall anyway. 😉
Yes! There was so much to see and do there.
Gorgeous pictures!
Thank you! I guess that means they’re back 🤣

Oh, wow! I can see the pictures now. They were just showing a red x! Love the sunrise photos ❤️
Yes! I was seeing that for the last 2 weeks. I even tried re-adding them and they show when editing but not posting and then today they were all there.

Red x on most of the pics today
I have no idea how to fix the pictures! :rotfl:It’s been a recent thing, and I can see them all when I edit the post.

The weirdest thing is different posts seem visible at different times like a few weeks ago the two newest posts weren't visible but everything else was. Now I can only see one of the more recent ones. I guess I’ll just use the uploader on this site instead even if the sizing is off 🤷‍♀️

Very frustrating with the pictures Raeven, I know how time consuming it is.

Love the sound of your trip, you saw some lovely things and certainly had fun. That sunset picture is gorgeous. And I am officially jealous.......Edgar Allan Poe themed restaurant is someplace I`d love to visit!!! Huge fan of his works.

He lived for a time where I grew up, or 10 minutes along the road and spent some of his holidays in the Island opposite where I grew up, I only found that out as an adult, not something they ever taught in schools which is a shame to have such a prolific writer spend time in our area before moving back to the States. So, yes, I`m very jealous..... ☺️

Sorry the restaurant made you feel as if you shouldn`t be there, odd as there were other folks in too. But, glad the steaks were nice.

Love the Poe tavern pictures.

Seems to be an issue with the red x for a lot of people on the boards (specifically with imgur from what i have been reading).

Can't wait to hear more about this trip!

Very frustrating with the pictures Raeven, I know how time consuming it is.
It is!
Love the sound of your trip, you saw some lovely things and certainly had fun. That sunset picture is gorgeous. And I am officially jealous.......Edgar Allan Poe themed restaurant is someplace I`d love to visit!!! Huge fan of his works.
It was a really cool place. I am too!
He lived for a time where I grew up, or 10 minutes along the road and spent some of his holidays in the Island opposite where I grew up, I only found that out as an adult, not something they ever taught in schools which is a shame to have such a prolific writer spend time in our area before moving back to the States. So, yes, I`m very jealous..... ☺️
That's really cool! It's weird there are a few states that he spent time in that have statues or whatnot but I hadn't heard anything about anywhere overseas either.
Sorry the restaurant made you feel as if you shouldn`t be there, odd as there were other folks in too. But, glad the steaks were nice.
It just felt very much like they wanted to close. Before we got there they were like oh well our kitchen closes at 10 pm. Once we were there they like oh its okay, order whatever you want whenever, but they were all cleaning up and by dessert it seemed they were rushing things out to get us to go.
Love the Poe tavern pictures.

Seems to be an issue with the red x for a lot of people on the boards (specifically with imgur from what i have been reading).

Can't wait to hear more about this trip!
Yes, I finally saw a thread about it. It seems to be going in and out. I don't know if I'll go back through and replace some pictures, but I won't be able to include all of them so it would be a pain. (Plus years ago I used to use Photobucket, and had to go back through and replace pictures in all my trip reports then too).

I am sorry about the flight delay and chaos (I definitely know which time frame you were talking about with the weather being bad and I’m like what!!?!?!?). I’ve heard United is the worst!

I am sorry about the flight delay and chaos (I definitely know which time frame you were talking about with the weather being bad and I’m like what!!?!?!?). I’ve heard United is the worst!
There was nothing going on at all weather-wise it was crazy :rotfl:Lately I think they use that a lot when they have other issues with the flights.

HHN Trip-12 weeks
Xmas Trip-22 weeks

200w.gif

We have some movement on the December trip front! We are booked at Aventura for the Universal portion, and the Swan for the Disney portion. We also have news that there's a new event coming to Hollywood Studios for the holidays that we're going to try to get tickets too along with MVMCP. Besides buying the tickets soon, I'm just waiting for Kayleigh to book her flight.

We also had our first HHN announcement! I'm glad the announcements have started, but I've never played the Last of Us game or watched the show so I'm not as excited about the first announcements. I think I'll watch the show before we go, but I'm still much more excited about Chucky. Other than that for September I think the next date coming up is for our dining reservations in July.

I also haven't heard anything concrete about the Imgur pictures coming back so I've slowly been trying to replace them by using the site's uploader. (I've finished this PTR so they should all show now). But since you can only add 10 to a post I've had to cut out a bunch on the posts I fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter