Two Overnight Disney Trips in One Month? Sure thing! (7/4-7/5/2023 & 7/19-7/22/2023 PTR)

IanDLBZF from MCMagic

DIS Veteran
greetings-rufus.gif

Earlier today my mom called me, asking if I'd like to be at the Grand Floridian July 19-22 as she is attending a conference there! I knew I couldn't turn down the opportunity to stay at Disney's most eloquent Deluxe Resort! Add to this I had a 1 night trip already booked for July 4-5 at the Contemporary as since 2021, I've been to WDW every 4th of July (which is sorta of a Disney Tradition for me going forward). However, the Grand Floridian was booked for the conference, so it looks like we'll be doing a double dip over at the Contemporary! ;D

However, this 4th of July will be the first trip where I will be taking advantage of Disney's new reservation free entry for APs after 2pm for Magic Kingdom given my arrival time! This should be pretty cool!

So here's the plans
Trip 1
Dates: July 4-5, 2023
Hotel: Disney's Contemporary Resort
Amtrak Winter Park to Kissimmee (connect to Link 56 to TTC), Magic Kingdom on 4th of July
Epcot/MK on July 5th, Lynx/SunRail home to Lake Mary in afternoon/evening

Trip 2
Dates: July 19-22, 2023
Hotel: Disney's Contemporary Resort
I'll be doing Magic Kingdom & Epcot on Thursday, and Epcot & Magic Kingdom on Friday. Plans are up in air regarding Saturday, but I'll likely take my usual SunRail/Lynx routing on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Dining reservation have been made this morning!
7/20 - California Grill 9:15pm (w/ my mom)
7/21 - Via Napoli 1:30pm; Oga's Cantina 6:00pm

11 Days Left Until Trip No.1 (July 4-5)!
So here's the plan for that one!

July 4
Taking Amtrak Train 91 down from Winter Park to Kissimmee, then Link 56 to the TTC and in turn the monorail to the Contemporary to settle-in and unpack. Will then head out for MK to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there! Lunch more than likely will be on the train, and dinner may be Sleepy Hollow or Casey's. My main focus will be Tomorrowland and most of Fantasyland, plus the fireworks from the train station balcony!

July 5
I'll start the day off at Epcot, by doing early entry for Test Track and Mission Space, before knocking down Soarin with a LL, and try to get one last look at Flower & Garden, plus do Gran Fiesta Tour and maybe some errands at the Japan Pavilion. Trying to figure out lunch, maybe I can snag a last minute ADR at Via Napoli or Le Creperie de Paris? I'll hop over to MK at around 2pm to knock down a few more things mostly in Frontierland and Adventureland before grabbing my usual Lynx and SunRail routing home from the TTC to Lake Mary.

And for that regard I am going to start packing MONDAY!
Another interesting tidbit, trip no.1 will be the first where I take advantage of the 2pm rule for Passholder Entry without a Park Reservation, on the Fourth of July! I hope this will work....

Okay, since I'm all packed, I figured I'd tweak the gameplan a bit for trip No.1!
July 4
Taking Amtrak Train 91 down from Winter Park to Kissimmee, then Link 56 to the TTC and in turn the monorail to the Contemporary to settle-in and unpack. Will then head out for MK to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening there! Lunch more than likely will be on the train, and dinner may be Sleepy Hollow or Casey's. My main focus will be Tomorrowland and most of Fantasyland, plus the fireworks from the train station balcony!

July 5
I'll have breakfast at Contempo Cafe and finish packing (up bright and early), and I'll drop off my suitcase at bell services, all before I start the day off at Epcot, by doing early entry for Test Track and Mission Space, before knocking down Soarin with a LL, and try to get one last look at Flower & Garden, plus do Gran Fiesta Tour and maybe some errands at the Japan Pavilion. I have a lunch ADR at 12:50pm for Tutto Italia (I've done dinner here once and it's pretty good FWIW). I'll hop over to MK at around 2pm to knock down a few more things mostly in Frontierland and Adventureland before grabbing my usual Lynx and SunRail routing home from the TTC to Lake Mary.

Okay, since I'm all packed, I figured I'd tweak the gameplan a bit for trip No.1!
July 4

July 5
I'll have breakfast at Contempo Cafe and finish packing (up bright and early), and I'll drop off my suitcase at bell services, all before I start the day off at Epcot, by doing early entry for Test Track and Mission Space, before knocking down Soarin with a LL, and try to get one last look at Flower & Garden, plus do Gran Fiesta Tour and maybe some errands at the Japan Pavilion. I have a lunch ADR at 12:50pm for Tutto Italia (I've done dinner here once and it's pretty good FWIW). I'll hop over to MK at around 2pm to knock down a few more things mostly in Frontierland and Adventureland before grabbing my usual Lynx and SunRail routing home from the TTC to Lake Mary.
One More Day Community GIF by CrowdfunderUK

Happy Fourth of July!!!
Waiting on my southbound Amtrak train from Winter Park to Kissimmee, which is running 90 minutes late as a result of signal issues, which occurred yesterday on the Northeast Corridor….
Should be at Disney between 1-2:30pm….

Ok, after some consideration, I've decided on trip No.2's game plan to be as follows....

Wednesday July 19
I'll be stepping off at around 11:10am-ish, walking .5 miles from my house to the bus stop closest to my place (Neighborlink 851) to the Sanford Seminole Center, where the Walmart and Aldi are. I'll most likely grab Subway or Wendy's for lunch before hopping on Link 45 to the Lake Mary SunRail station, and in turn SunRail to LCS (with about a 25 minute layover between the time my train arrives and the time I board Link 300 to the TTC). From the TTC I will in turn take the Monorail to the Contemporary, and go to my room and unpack. I am thinking I will do Magic Kingdom in the evening as they're open until 12am for EEH. My mom will get in around 8-9pm ish and she will unpack.

Thursday July 20
This day my main focus will be Magic Kingdom & Epcot. I'll start out at Magic Kingdom, with Fantasyland being in bulk during EE and then focusing on Frontierland and Adventureland, lunch maybe Casey's or Columbia Harbor. I'll hop over to Epcot in the afternoon with a focus mostly being Future World. Me and my mom have an ADR for 9:15pm at California Grill!

Friday July 21
I'll be doing Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios that day! Epcot will be primarily World Showcase, and maybe GOTGCR. I have a lunch ADR that afternoon at Via Napoli. Later in the day, I'll head by boat or Skyliner over to Disney's Hollywood Studios to take that park on. I have an Oga's ADR for 6:15pm.

Saturday July 22
I might sleep in that day, and do a delayed start at Animal Kingdom, will get an ILL for FOP, and then knock down the remaining stuff before heading back to the Contemporary around 3:30pm to catch the monorail to the TTC and in turn Link 56 to Kissimmee and in turn Amtrak to Deland before catching an Uber back home (or my mom will take me home).

I'll more than likely do G+ for all four days, or just Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter