• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two nights/two separate ressies...will we have to move rooms?

MichellelovesMickey

Mouseketeer
1) I am booking an addt'l night (not with Disney Travel) at BC, will we have to move rooms because they will be two different reservations?
Or
2) Should I just book the 2 nights & then when the confirmation comes thru cancel my one night ressie?
OR
3) Should I just book POFQ for the convenience to DD since that is all we will be doing that first night and then just get up the next morning, check out at POFQ, get to BC at around 8 or so and check in to BC and then head to Epcot for the day.

There's always a chance that you'll have to move rooms but Disney does their best to make it so you can stay in the same room. With only a 2-night stay I personally wouldn't book POFQ/BC.. too much moving around for such a short stay.

With 3 of my 4 more recent trips, I have added additional days and all 3 times they have allowed us to stay in the same room. I always ask them about it at check in, and they work their magic.

Thank you....think I will just add the one night and request to not change rooms both at booking and at check-in....thank you!!!! Expedia U.K. has some great room only rates right now and want to catch one, like I did back in the Spring.

With 3 of my 4 more recent trips, I have added additional days and all 3 times they have allowed us to stay in the same room. I always ask them about it at check in, and they work their magic.

We will still have to go down the following day/morning to check in for the new reservation, correct? No big deal, just checking.

I just hate to cancel my single reservation and have to make a new reservation for 2 nights if I can just make another single reservation. Does that make sense?

Yes - we had to run to the front desk and check in for each reservation. I made sure to check in online, so I could stand in the short line.

Now my DH is thinking we should just save the $140 and stay at POFQ (we do love that resort).......he is driving me crazy!!!! Here are his considerations:

1) Add a night to our Beach Club stay by booking two nights & then once we receive our confirmation number then cancel the original booking. We are booking through Expedia UK at awesome rates.....but the process is a little longer. This way we check in the 1st day and can relax the morning of Epcot day without running around checking out & in.

2) Stay the 1st night at POFQ and relax and take the boat to DD, eat at the food court & just enjoy the resort then get up the next morning & checkout....drive over to BC & check-in and then head over to Epcot (we can get our bag when our room is ready later in the day when we go back to relax)

3) Same as #2 but stay at Yacht Club that 1st night...,we have never stayed there....we would need to move one parking lot over...lol

He thinks booking a separate night at the same hotel with the possibility of having to change rooms is not worth it. I am overthinking all this.....sad thing is I want to do all 3...lol....

We will be arriving that 1st night around 3.....we just want to go to DD & relax that evening.
The 2nd day is Epcot all day & we already have our room booked at BC.

The 3rd day we board the Fantasy for our 7nt cruise without DS (age 11).

My BFF and myself are taking DS on Thanksgiving Day to the CR-Tower Bay Lake View for a one night stay and going to Downtown Disney & then dinner at O'hanas. Then the next morning we are taking him on a 3night Thanksgiving Weekend Cruise on the Dream.

Yes, I am going to have a fun 3 weeks between Thanksgiving & Christmas!!!!

I wouldn't switch resorts at all. If you go with POFQ then stay there the whole time. But if you stay at BC, just go down to check in early like at 6, and check in to your new reservation. If you get to stay, great. If not, you can pack up then and still be ready for park going. Bell services can hold your luggage.

But, as long as you have the same room category booked, you most likely won't have to switch. As in, I have never heard of any one who had to switch. Not to say that it hasn't, but I have never heard it. We have also been in this situation.

I love POFQ and would love to save the money to stay there, but I think the convenience of the Boardwalk and being able to walk to Epcot, since that is the ONLY park we are going to, seems more logical, right? I don't mind the buses but it seems I am always on the packed bus having to stand!!! LoL!!!

So now I go with the dilemna ..... Save the money at POFQ or just stay at BC for 2 nights.....do you all agree that the convenience to Epcot outweighs the saving money?

We had a 5 day stay back when you could only do the free DDP on the days offered, so we checked in the day before free DDP started and had to check out and check back in the next day. They did warn us that we might have to move, but they would do everything they could to prevent that. And luckily, we didn't have to switch. I guess it's a toss up. But if you do decide to stay at POFQ for one night, you'll still be checking in and out, so I would just stay at BC so at least the move isn't too far.

I love POFQ and would love to save the money to stay there, but I think the convenience of the Boardwalk and being able to walk to Epcot, since that is the ONLY park we are going to, seems more logical, right? I don't mind the buses but it seems I am always on the packed bus having to stand!!! LoL!!!
p

I have stayed at both and I love both. I would personally just stay at BC the whole time. I know it' more, but that's just what I would do for this situation. You'll just have to weigh the cost with the convenience.

But I don't think you'll be upset at POFQ. You said you enjoy that resort and really, it's not a long bus ride whatsoever. I guess it just depends on how much you plan on, or can handle, going back and forth.

So you are only going for 2 nights and staying at a different hotel each night?

We will be arriving the 1st night around 3.....we just want to go to DD & relax that evening.
The 2nd day is Epcot all day & we already have our room booked at BC. The 3rd morning we are leaving for the Disney Fantasy.

We originally just booked the one night prior to our cruise at BC and planned on driving all night and then going to Epcot. However, we realized that an 8 hour drive and then Epcot all day is NOT going to happen. If we went to the hotel for a "short" nap later on that day we would probably sleep past the alarm or still be groggy.....so we decided to add on a night prior to Epcot. The dilemna is, do we just book BC considering that is where we are already booked, or do we go somewhere else for that one night considering DH wants to go to DD that evening.

OKAY.....decision made (I think) we are staying at BC. My husband is really not in the mood for chancing the whole "move rooms", so I believe (unless he changes his mind to Yacht Club) that we are going to book the 2 nights at Beach Club then once that comes thru then we will cancel the single reservation.....He said (What if we want to go back to the hotel around 1 to relax for a bit, but the room we are having to move to isnt ready). Says he would rather be safe than sorry.

I say just book the one night and then pray we do not have to change rooms....lol

Thank you all for your help!! We booked the one extra night at BC and are just hoping we do not have to move rooms but if we do, not a big deal...at least we do not have to get in our car!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter