• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two-night Wonder cruise to Nowhere May 17, 2014

Hello everyone!

We are booked on the Cruise to Nowhere! Our group consist of 8 people, myself, my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL, and my three grandkids. We are excited about sailing out of San Diego and will probably take the kids to LegoLand the day before we sail. The kids don't know yet,and we are debating as to when to tell them. My DIL says she doesn't want to answer the "how many days" question every day for over a year so we will wait for a little while, anyway, before we tell them :-)

The Marriott (Gas Lamp) is very close to the Convention Center and the Cruise Ship terminal. The Westgate is in Downtown and offers a shuttle to the terminal. If you would like something with a suite, the Residence Inn (Downtown) is only about 3 blocks from the terminal. There is also a Hampton Inn which is only about 2 blocks away.

There are a number of hotels in the area that offer transportation to the terminal. I know that the Dana on Mission Bay has a "snooze and cruise" package. The Dana is right by SeaWorld. One of my agents is staying there this weekend so I can let you know what she says about it. We are going to see her over there this weekend.

There are so many great places!
I cannot wait for this cruise to get here.
Sue Ellen

We just booked this cruise after hearing about it today on mousesavers. We have the June 21, 2014 7 night Fantasy booked right after this, but this will be a nice 2 night cruise to celebrate our anniversary for just the two of us, no kids on this one! We booked a cat 11B for now and paid the deposit. We will be driving in from AZ, any info on where to go in san diego to get on the ship will be great and where to park the car. Looking forward to going on this before the big cruise the following month!

We are Art and Lisa

Hi all!

Also forgot to do our roll call:

Diane, dw
John, dh
Sean, ds, 9 years old
Jack, ds, 7 years old

Also, has anyone set up an FE LIST yet?

I just booked a 2 night trip to nowhere with Disneyfun1. This will be the same week as our 9th Anniversary. I am so excited...

We're booked!
Myself, DH, DS7, DS6 (they'll be 7 & 8) then.
OK, off to read the thread.

We booked it also and yes, we got quite the deal on the 2-nighter in 2011. We are paying about $500 more for a lower category room. Plus it is further away so we have to work out transportation to San Diego (maybe the train). Oh well...I have some other friends that booked also so I'm still looking forward to it.

So Erbie, did you decide to keep this one? If so, this will be our third cruise together :thumbsup2
Just drive, girl! It's only 90 minutes for you, right? We'll drive in Saturday morning, it just an hour for us.

Hi Sue Ellen!

I've got my hubby 85% on booking. I wanna sell him on staying the night before the cruise in San Diego. What hotels are near the port? Is the gas light area near the port? Would you suggest that area? TIA it's always fun to stay the night before. :thumbsup2
There's a lot to choose from near the terminal. What class of accommodations are you looking for?

WE BOOKED TOO!!!!

The night before...just a hotel like Doubletree...we need to leave our car.

ME, DH, DD15 by then. I just need me a Disney Cruise Line fix! :dance3: I'm going to book the "Alone Time" at the spa...I loved that on the last Cruise to Nowhere I took! :)

How do I join FB?

WE BOOKED TOO!!!!

The night before...just a hotel like Doubletree...we need to leave our car.
There is a Doubletree by Hilton just a few blocks away, it's in the Little Italy district of town. I've never stayed there, but we're having our 20 year reunion there in July. I did tour the property and the rooms were clean and well appointed for a mid range hotel. Parking is in a garage, and I'm not sure if they have a park and sail program. The Holiday Inn right on N Harbor is tired, but they have a decent pub in the lobby (Elephant & Castle). I have to warn you that there is a ton of construction going on in that area right now, but I'm not sure if it's supposed to be finished by then. I like The Westin and The W, but they might be a little farther than you want to stay from the port, and you did mention Doubletree, and they are a little pricier than the Doubletree.

I booked this cruise on the first day it was available to me as well as the five day reposition cruise to Vancouver immediately after the two day cruise. The five day Vancouver cruise was the better deal because the price was nearly the same and you got more days.

ludari said:
I booked this cruise on the first day it was available to me as well as the five day reposition cruise to Vancouver immediately after the two day cruise. The five day Vancouver cruise was the better deal because the price was nearly the same and you got more days.

The problem with the five day being a "better deal" is that for those of us who have to add on travel expenses and missed work/school, it's actually NOT a better deal per person/per day.

Just drive, girl! It's only 90 minutes for you, right? We'll drive in Saturday morning, it just an hour for us.

we're booked. its our first Disney cruise! so excited. it'll be myself, DH and our 2 DD's (they'll be 10&13)

:wave::wave:

Hey....I know you guys!!!! Hi Friends!!

Fairest...Yeah, we will probably just drive down the morning of the cruise. It is only about a 2 hour drive. I just love that train ride though. But if we have to leave our car somewhere for two nights, I would rather it be in San Diego than downtown LA, LOL.

:wave::wave:

Hey....I know you guys!!!! Hi Friends!!

Fairest...Yeah, we will probably just drive down the morning of the cruise. It is only about a 2 hour drive. I just love that train ride though. But if we have to leave our car somewhere for two nights, I would rather it be in San Diego than downtown LA, LOL.
Hi friend!!!!

I need to call our usual car lot and see if they shuttle to the port as well. If so, we'll leave it there, it's the same place we've been using for 10 years.

EDIT TO ADD:
I just checked their website and they do service the port. We'll be leaving our car there.

It's great to see all the Cali Dis peeps on here:goodvibes and Meghatron, I am not stalking you, I promise:rotfl: We are moving back to CA and this cruise is a birthday present. DH would rather stay at a nice resort but I want to try DCL without the kids for once.

Hi friend!!!!

I need to call our usual car lot and see if they shuttle to the port as well. If so, we'll leave it there, it's the same place we've been using for 10 years.

EDIT TO ADD:
I just checked their website and they do service the port. We'll be leaving our car there.

which place is this, as we are looking for places to stay and park as well since we are driving in from Phoenix the night before.

It's called San Diego Airport Parking on Kurtz Rd. It's nothing fancy, just a lot. But I have never had bad service there, they shuttles are frequent and the prices are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter