Two first timers take on free dining...was it a success? 13-27 Sept 2011- Complete...

I totally agree with you on the favorite CS place! I got two meals there on my last trip (ate there for dinner and took pizzas on the drive home right after, so I got to have WPE the next day at home!)

Thanks for sharing Tanz! It's been great reliving your Disney food with you! :goodvibes

Ooh taking pizzas home with you sounds like a great idea! I may have to try that on a future trip :thumbsup2

Aaw thank you for reading along Abby! :goodvibes

Your reviews were great!! They've inspired me to try some new things! :goodvibes Too bad it's over, but at least your TR is still going!! :woohoo:

Thank you Emma!!! :goodvibes Yay, I'm glad I inspired you to try some new things on a future trip...Disney food sure is the best! :thumbsup2 Yes, my TR is still definitely going and I hope to make it last as long as possible!! :rotfl:

Thanks for the great reviews!

Sorry that Artist Point didn't deliver a truly wonderful experience. It seems like the most recent AP reviews haven't been great, which makes me sad, as it's been wonderful every time we've been there over the past two years (our last disappointing meal there was February 2009). On the other hand, I'm glad California Grill was such a hit for you even though our most recent meal wasn't incredible. I looked at the autumn menu and it looks fabulous, so I definitely want to return to CG now after reading about your wonderful experience. :goodvibes

Thank you for reading along! :goodvibes

I agree...most of the recent reviews I have been reading of AP haven't been that great and it doesn't make me feel positive about the place. I'm glad to read that you have had wonderful experiences over the past two years.

Lol that's funny about the reverse experiences! We loved California Grill. It just shows the right food and service sure makes the meal. I hope you give CG another chance and have a great time! I look forward to finding out the result :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for such a detailed TR! You showed food that I didn't even know were at Disney. I will definitely be trying new things thanks to you :)

Aaw thank you for reading Pam! :goodvibes I look forward to seeing all the new food you try and your thoughts on it.

Great recap, Tanz. Thanks so much for doing ther reviews. I enjoyed reading someone with new restaurants that we've not tried, etc., and learning so much. You did an awesome job. :thumbsup2

Thanks Kathy! :goodvibes Aaw thank you for the compliment - I enjoyed writing the reviews more than I thought I would and hope to do another DR in the future :thumbsup2

Hi Tanz!

Did you find that many of the restaurants had Halal products available? Did you contact the restaurants ahead of time?

Thanks!

Hi Tanz!

Did you find that many of the restaurants had Halal products available? Did you contact the restaurants ahead of time?

Thanks!

Hi there!

Everything Pop had Halal products but you had to let them know an hour in advance of eating.

As for the sit down restaurants we got in touch with Specialdiets@disneyworld.com and they sent us a form in which we had to list our ADRs. They then sent that onto the chefs who got in touch with us. I have the form somewhere in my emails so if you want me to send it to you PM me your email address and I'll forward it on.

Hope that helps :goodvibes

Great recap and great review in general! Thank you for being so informative and providing so many pictures. :)

Great recap and great review in general! Thank you for being so informative and providing so many pictures. :)

Aaw thank you and it's been great having you reading along :goodvibes

With it being my first DR I wanted to provide as much information as possible - think if I did one again I would also note prices so I could compare in detail if we saved money on the dining plan.

Finished reading your reviews... so sorry I didn't keep up sooner! :sad2:

I also wish appetizers were on the dining plan. That's how it was on our '07 trip, our first time using the dining plan. I prefer to have an appetizer rather than dessert (even though I do have a sweet tooth!) It would be really great if you could have your choice of either appetizer OR dessert with your entree... I'd choose an appetizer and make my DH choose a dessert, and then we'd share!

DH and I are thinking about going to WDW in the fall to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary (well, I'm thinking about it... I'll have to work on DH, LOL!) If we do, I'd really like to try some new restaurants... California Grill may just be one of them!

Finished reading your reviews... so sorry I didn't keep up sooner! :sad2:

I also wish appetizers were on the dining plan. That's how it was on our '07 trip, our first time using the dining plan. I prefer to have an appetizer rather than dessert (even though I do have a sweet tooth!) It would be really great if you could have your choice of either appetizer OR dessert with your entree... I'd choose an appetizer and make my DH choose a dessert, and then we'd share!

DH and I are thinking about going to WDW in the fall to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary (well, I'm thinking about it... I'll have to work on DH, LOL!) If we do, I'd really like to try some new restaurants... California Grill may just be one of them!

Aaw thanks for reading Shannon and no worries about not keeping up sooner...I sort of flew through the reviews lol.

Haha I hope they do add them one day though desserts are more my kind of thing! I agree being able to choose would be helpful but I doubt that'll be happening anytime soon. I like the way you would make DH choose! :lmao:

I hope you get to make it for your 15th wedding anniversary - congratulations! :goodvibes Definitely try CG as I loved it there and with the fireworks etc it was the perfect evening :thumbsup2

I am late to the party :scared1: but have read your entire dining report and really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing with us!

I also have to say that I loved seeing where the two of you would take time to yourself--I totally understand that! Nice to know other people need their alone time! ;)

I am late to the party :scared1: but have read your entire dining report and really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing with us!

I also have to say that I loved seeing where the two of you would take time to yourself--I totally understand that! Nice to know other people need their alone time! ;)

:welcome: to the party!! It's nice to have you here even if you are a little late lol. I have enjoyed sharing with everyone!

Yeah I definitely enjoyed my alone time - it's too precious to lose! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter