Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

Wow! I can't believe it's almost vacation time (and after all that, you both definitely deserve it) :)

Hopefully I'll be able to meet you! I'll have to reread your itinerary

Congrats on everything. So so much going on for you. Very excited for you on your upcoming move. It really sounds like it will be such a good thing for you two. It's crazy how the timing worked out, almost like it was meant to be. I'm sure the joy comes with a bit of pain saying goodbye to your comfort zone, Jake and your mother, but take peace in knowing you have given it alot of thought and the opportunities it will provide (hello more Florida trips lol) You will be a few hours closer to us in Ohio :).

It is totally understandable that all of this has you feeling a bit out of sorts. I felt alot like you last year before our trip. We had just sold our house, had a bad inspection on one home we wanted, so walked away and then found another one to get outbid two days before leaving for vacation. Leaving for a 10 day vacation knowing we would have to move out of our house a week after we got home and then move in with inlaws and put everything in storage with 2 little ones for an unknown time wasnt what I had imagined when I originally booked the trip. We spent almost every night of vaca looking for homes and watching some we like get swooped up because we were "stuck" on vacation. (the town we wanted normally sold with 2 days if the house was nice).

Now looking back we made amazing memories and I am very glad we didn't end up canceling. It was a great distraction and we really did have a great time. Our dream home ended up coming on the market the day before we came home and we got to see it and are now living happily ever after in it :) It's so true that things will happen as they should and somehow all the timing falls together :). Unfortunately it's just hard for us to see it when everything feels to be spinning around us.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and are able to relax and enjoy some much needed time together.

Hang in there Gina!

House staging is not for the faint of heart lol. I'm sure you'll be great at it, and fingers crossed you get a buyer quickly once you put it on the market.

Happy Last-Week-Before-Vacay!

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and that Orlando works its usual magic! Halloween is a great time to be there and at least you will be together for a while!

Almost 2 months later I can schedule my Nexus interview! If I wanted to do it in Seattle I would have to wait until March, or drive the 2 hours up to Blaine and go next Sunday :bitelip: The letter says if approved I'll get my card in 8 to 10 days, so hopefully that means I'll be able to give the airlines my precheck number before I leave, first flight is Nov 3 so it'll be close. No side trip to Vancouver though since it's a Sunday :( I don't have a free Saturday to go up before the trip. Excited to have it almost done though and will be super happy I have it when I go to Vancouver in Feb for the hockey game.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Almost 2 months later I can schedule my Nexus interview! If I wanted to do it in Seattle I would have to wait until March, or drive the 2 hours up to Blaine and go next Sunday :bitelip: The letter says if approved I'll get my card in 8 to 10 days, so hopefully that means I'll be able to give the airlines my precheck number before I leave, first flight is Nov 3 so it'll be close. No side trip to Vancouver though since it's a Sunday :( I don't have a free Saturday to go up before the trip. Excited to have it almost done though and will be super happy I have it when I go to Vancouver in Feb for the hockey game.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
You get your pre check number the next day in line

Just a quick check in to say Happy Thanksgiving to you Canadians. I have been watching the weather and thinking of all in the path. Gina I wish you the best vacation and hope you do get to enjoy it. Looking forward to your time in Michigan and hoping we get to meet in person. Seriously, give me a ring when you are in town, I will help in whatever way I can. Dawn

Doris Day singing "Que Sera, Sera" is now ringing through my brain. Perhaps you should catch that little earworm too! Being a strong believer in the fates, I'm pretty sure everything will work out for you, so don't sweat the small stuff; or the big stuff either for that matter. Everything that was fated to happen will happen and you will do what you need to do when you need to do it.

You're going on vacation in just under a week! pixiedust:

Remember what Dr. Sidney Freedman once said "ladies and gentleman take my advice pull down your pants and slide on the ice"; he was a very wise Psychiatrist. (okay he was a fictional character, but I still love the line). :upsidedow

Oh, and Happy Turkey Day to you and your family Gina (and all the other Canuckles reading along)! Hope the packing is coming along and providing some joy!

Last edited:
Happy to hear you have come to the decision to move to Michigan. With that decided hopefully everything falls into place for your family. It's hard making big move like that but think of all the wonderful things that can come from something new! Keep smiling and enjoy your vacation ☀️✈️

Hey Gina! Remember me?! With school starting and some additional responsibilities at work, I've pretty much been a DIS no-show the last couple months!

I did want to pop back on and wish you a wonderful trip. I did a quick scan of all the posts I've missed and can't believe all the news, especially your move to Michigan! Wow! Although you are not in your usual pre-trip groove, I'm sure it will be a great break for you both and a chance to spend some real fun, quality time together!

I had mentioned we might also be in Orlando next weekend, but I had to cancel. :-( We had a couple unexpected expenses, and my son has a big school assignment due that Monday, so it just didn't seem like a good time to go. I'm very sorry I missed a possible DIS-meet with you guys. Maybe some other trip...

We got a pretty good whack from Matthew. I have a tree down and the usual debris, and some water-damaged floors, plus we were without power for 3-4 days, but everything is back up now. And the kids are back at school, and I am back at work. Yay.

Again, have a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading all about it!

Sending a :hug: your way, my friend.

Congratulations on your upcoming move to Michigan! Sending prayers that everything goes smoothly for you guys.

I hope you and Steve have an amazing trip! Enjoy your time together and enjoy that Florida sunshine!:sunny:

Hi Gina!
Life has been so busy in my household that I haven't been on the boards in last few months. My kids keep me hopping for sure. But I just read through your trip report and I'm super happy for you. It sounds like you have some exciting personal changes up ahead and 2 wonderful trips planned. And I love seeing pics of your adorable kittens. I can not wait to hear all about this Oct trip. My family did a strictly Disney trip in September and had so much fun. We did one Halloween party (our first one ever) and loved it so much (we have done a Christmas party a few years ago and loved that as well.) We are going back to Orlando as well this Christmas, but we are going Dec 23-30. No Disney parks that trip, but probably a Seaworld and a possible Busch Gardens Tampa day. We are big Busch Gardens Williamsburg fans, so I've always wanted to see the park in Tampa. I so hope the weather is as nice/warm as it was last Christmas.
Safe travels and have such a great time!!

Hope you guys have wonderful and relaxing trip together! Things will still be there when you return so I hope you are able to "let it go" enough to really relax and enjoy getting away (always easier said than done LOL).
Safe travels!!

Hey everyone,
Thank you so much for each of your messages! It's been a busy week but I'm finally on my last day of work before we leave :banana:. 4 pm can't come soon enough for this girl. I am woefully lacking in both the focus and ambition departments!!

I am pretty much all packed except for the few items that can't be tossed in the suitcases until we're literally heading out the door. The kittens were such a "help" :rolleyes: .... but they sure provided some much-appreciated comic relief while I sorted and organized:

14606331_10155078370741416_4016317020833286095_n.jpg

Steve has officially signed his new contract yesterday, so we are praying that approval for his work visa comes through in short order. Its probably a bit lofty to hope that it will be approved while we are away, but with a little luck the good news will come soon after we get home. I have met with our realtor and her stager last week, and the house is prepared and ready for the market as soon as the work visa is in hand. Its difficult to have so many obstacles in front of us that are totally out of our control, but like @bankr63 said.....whatever will be, will be from here. Patience is a virtue (which I am working on, very diligently).

The weather is looking good so far for both weeks. After last week's hurricane, a thunderstorm or two seems pretty manageable. I'm not sweating the small stuff this time: I'm going to be with my Steve, and that's all I care about.

Speaking of the big guy, he hopes to leave Michigan around noon today and begin the commute home. Poor fella has a 7 hour drive today and will make another 4 hour drive to Buffalo tomorrow. On a positive note, the pilgrimage to Buffalo will seem short in comparison to his now normal trek.

@Joanna71985 , if you have a day or two between the 14th and 28th that you might be free to meet up with us, shoot me a PM and we'll move mountains to make it happen! Likewise to anyone else who might be in the area and would like to say hi (@nancipants , I'm looking at you!). @JaxDad sorry to hear you can't make the trip as you'd hoped :sad1:. Perhaps we'll have a chance to get together in December......or 2017 (dates to be announced.....too much going on right now to make any more decisions :crazy2:).

@dancin Disney style , we'll honk and wave as we pass by your neck of the woods ::yes::. There will be Dooher's Donuts / World's Finest Chocolate / Coffee / Tea date before we officially relocate :thumbsup2. On a good note, you won't have to drive my little Sonic through Toronto (though I appreciated the offer more than you will every know!). Because its more than 300 miles from our current home to our new community, Steve's company will magically relocate my vehicle on our behalf pixiedust:. That was my good news of this week.

So, my friends, once again this PTR took a whole different turn than what I anticipated when I first started. I guess that's what makes life so much fun....the element of surprise! I will try and check in as often as I can while we're enjoying our two weeks in the (hopefully) sunny south. The excitement is finally beginning to blossom.

18cqd4.jpg

How exciting!! I hope you two have a wonderful vacation and I'm sure you guys will just be happy to be in each other's company for a week or so :lovestruc much over due togetherness on the horizon! Try and relax a little before the craziness commences with the move!

Sounds good! My current days off are Wed/Sat, so I probably will be at SeaWorld the 15th, 19th, 22nd, and 28th (but can be flexible for meeting up). I'll let you know closer to the dates :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter