Twice As Nice & Double the Fun: an offsite October PTR where “2” is the magic number

I love your trip reports but I think this is the first one I'm getting in on before the whole thing is written!!! We will be there at the same time as you guys on this trip but only for a few days! We get there on sunday the 23rd amd will be there thru the 30th!! We are owners at Vistana as well, so maybe we will see ya around! This trip for us is all about the sea world parks, sea world, discovery cove, busch gardens, aquatica!

Definitely say hello if you happen to see us there! We are checking in today (wahoo!) so we'll be there when you arrive, leaving on the 28th. We are regulars in the Fountains Pool and hot tubs in the evening hours :goodvibes. If you happen to be in another section of the resort and want to meet up to at least say hello, shoot me a PM and we'll do our best to make it work :thumbsup2.

Good morning all!

Just dropping in for a quick hello before we check out of Wyndham Cypress Palms and head over to our second home, the Sheraton Vistana Resort. It's been a few days since I updated so I'm woefully overdue for a post.

Tuesday was a fantastic day with us touring Sea Life Aquarium (which was so empty we almost had the place to ourselves) and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum in the morning, and Capone's Dinner & Show in the evening. Capone's was definitely the surprise delight of the trip: it was FANTASTIC!!! We had expected to have a good time, but we beat expectations and had an incredible time. Our new favourite dinner show in Orlando, without question. We WILL do this one again on a future trip. And Uber? We're the newest fans. Under $12 for the return trip and well worth every penny.

On Wednesday, Steve's brother and his family arrived (well, actually they arrived Tuesday night, but late enough that we only enjoyed drinks until 1:30 am after we returned from Capone's) so we took Wednesday as a down day. We enjoyed some shopping at the outlets, a nap, some pool time, and a lovely dinner at Maggiano's (so, SO good). Steve was feeling a little......slow......that morning (someone overindulged in the alcohol department the night before ;) ) so it was a much-needed, much enjoyed break. I think we were in bed by 10 pm that night.

Yesterday we introduced our family members to SeaWorld, and they loved every minute of their day! Enough that I think they will head back there again today while we do our resort switch-over. It was sure different touring the parks with little ones in tow, but we all had an incredible time. Last night, Steve and I escaped for a lovely dinner at Texas de Brazil.....and again, it was nothing short of awesome!! I suspect that will be a splurge for us on future trips as well. It was the most lovely atmosphere, spectacular meats, great service, and just an all-around wonderful couple's night. So far, we've hit several home runs on this trip where new experiences are concerned and (touch wood!) no duds.

Here's a few pics from the last several days of fun:

Sea Life Aquarium:

14691449_10155104836601416_4638693180323796952_o.jpg

Steve's best Kung Fu Panda impression at Tussauds:

14650062_10155104837706416_7322925737640899696_n.jpg

Milkshakes at Steak & Shake!:

14725723_10155104849676416_4989823556738220720_n.jpg

Memories of Capone's:

14716313_10155105782361416_7843917778860314673_n.jpg

Aunt Gina & Uncle Steve rockin' it out with the nieces and nephew:

14656268_10155108729106416_9105633572643469801_n.jpg

14642020_10155108729111416_4997760471083685998_n.jpg

And the whole works of us conquering SeaWorld!:

10297770_10155110745661416_3456552072407457817_n.jpg

The weather continues to be absolutely grand, though tomorrow we're supposed to cool to the high 70's. Perfect for Discovery Cove on Saturday and our second MNSSHP on Sunday.

I will try again check in again soon!

I don't know what camera you are using but your pictures are amazing. And I love that newspaper! So glad you are having some much deserved fun. Can't wait to read more.

Sea Life Aquarium:

14691449_10155104836601416_4638693180323796952_o.jpg

Steve's best Kung Fu Panda impression at Tussauds:

14650062_10155104837706416_7322925737640899696_n.jpg

Milkshakes at Steak & Shake!:

14725723_10155104849676416_4989823556738220720_n.jpg

Memories of Capone's:

14716313_10155105782361416_7843917778860314673_n.jpg

Aunt Gina & Uncle Steve rockin' it out with the nieces and nephew:

14656268_10155108729106416_9105633572643469801_n.jpg

14642020_10155108729111416_4997760471083685998_n.jpg

And the whole works of us conquering SeaWorld!:

It looks like you are having a fantastic time Gina. I am LOVING the updates and pictures. I have finally hit the giddy with excitement stage. Going to be a long week of waiting if I stay this anxious to get going.:rolleyes1

Your nieces and nephews are adorable and it looks like you are all having a great time. Those blue skies too!! I can't wait. Trust me, it got waaayyy cooler around here since you left. It was a coats and light gloves kind of day today. Enjoy your sunshine:sunny:.

Isn't amazing after all these trips there is still so many new things to see and do? While we enjoy old favourites, we look forward to the new things on every trip. I am so glad to hear how great you thought Capone's was! I knew that was one you were really looking forward to, so it's great that it didn't disappoint.
There are quite a few new things packed into next week for us too. We pre-bought tickets for opening night of Dr Strange on CityWalk so we're excited to see that, and we will be trying out Congo River for the first time this trip. Other new experiences will be Halloween Horror Nights for DH and DD19, and MNSSHP for DS12 and I. Then we have a few new to us restaurants planned at O'Charley's, Mellow Mushroom, and Hash House a Go Go. If we get a good pool day we plan to spend an afternoon over at the HardRock Hotel pool which is new to us. And while small things.. we're all excited to try the Big Pink Donut and Butterbeer fudge. Can you believe we've not had the donut yet?!

Anyway.. my excitement is showing:rolleyes1. I am off to start some packing and get back to the task of printing all of the reservations, coupons, tickets and vouchers.
Have a great rest of the week!:sunny:

I don't know what camera you are using but your pictures are amazing. And I love that newspaper! So glad you are having some much deserved fun. Can't wait to read more.

No fancy-schmancy camera for this girl. It's just a Fuji Finepix S series. It doesn't take the best pictures in the world, but it not bad either. It's accompanied us on probably 8 (at least) of our 11 Florida trips so we've definitely got lots of mileage from it. My new year's resolution is to replace it with my new Galaxy S7 Edge and go camera-less when we travel in 2017!

I don't know what time you're planning on getting to MK on Sun. But I'll be working the castle show until 5:45 :)

We will be arriving for entry at 4 pm (God willing) as we have a 4:45 reservation for Crystal Palace. If there's a chance we can say hello at some point, just tell me where and when to meet up with you!

It looks like you are having a fantastic time Gina. I am LOVING the updates and pictures. I have finally hit the giddy with excitement stage. Going to be a long week of waiting if I stay this anxious to get going.:rolleyes1

Your nieces and nephews are adorable and it looks like you are all having a great time. Those blue skies too!! I can't wait. Trust me, it got waaayyy cooler around here since you left. It was a coats and light gloves kind of day today. Enjoy your sunshine:sunny:.

Isn't amazing after all these trips there is still so many new things to see and do? While we enjoy old favourites, we look forward to the new things on every trip. I am so glad to hear how great you thought Capone's was! I knew that was one you were really looking forward to, so it's great that it didn't disappoint.
There are quite a few new things packed into next week for us too. We pre-bought tickets for opening night of Dr Strange on CityWalk so we're excited to see that, and we will be trying out Congo River for the first time this trip. Other new experiences will be Halloween Horror Nights for DH and DD19, and MNSSHP for DS12 and I. Then we have a few new to us restaurants planned at O'Charley's, Mellow Mushroom, and Hash House a Go Go. If we get a good pool day we plan to spend an afternoon over at the HardRock Hotel pool which is new to us. And while small things.. we're all excited to try the Big Pink Donut and Butterbeer fudge. Can you believe we've not had the donut yet?!

Anyway.. my excitement is showing:rolleyes1. I am off to start some packing and get back to the task of printing all of the reservations, coupons, tickets and vouchers.
Have a great rest of the week!:sunny:

I hear you on the excitement.....you guys are so deserving of a week of family fun! The good news is, there's always so much to do during that final week that time simply FLIES by. Your departure day will be here before you know it! :banana:

I hope and pray that the weather we've been enjoying since we got here carries straight through the duration of your trip. We've enjoyed almost nothing but sunshiny, cloudless skies and spectacularly warm weather.. I'm going to hate to go home: my mom has been filling me in on the cold and rain that has plagued south eastern Ontario since we left. If only we could bottle some of this weather and take it with us!!

I can't wait to hear your review on the Butterbeer fudge. Its one of the items we somehow have missed on every single Universal trip thus far. If you like it, I will be making it a must do at Christmas time :thumbsup2.

We will be arriving for entry at 4 pm (God willing) as we have a 4:45 reservation for Crystal Palace. If there's a chance we can say hello at some point, just tell me where and when to meet up with you!

Ooo, love Crystal Palace (it's my favorite buffet)!

If all goes according to the schedule- I'm supposed to be with the PhilharMonic for their 3:55 set on Main Street (finishing up around 4:12), and then I'm at the castle for the last 2 shows. Usually I'm on the left side (facing the castle), but could potentially be on either ramp. Hopefully it works out tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed I get to see you :)

Ooo, love Crystal Palace (it's my favorite buffet)!

If all goes according to the schedule- I'm supposed to be with the PhilharMonic for their 3:55 set on Main Street (finishing up around 4:12), and then I'm at the castle for the last 2 shows. Usually I'm on the left side (facing the castle), but could potentially be on either ramp. Hopefully it works out tomorrow! I'll keep my fingers crossed I get to see you :)

LOL, since you know what I look like but I don't know what YOU look like, you'll have to keep your eyes peeled for me instead of the opposite way around! I will be checking CM name tags though and hopefully there aren't too many Joanna's working at MK today :p.

We have a FP for meeting Mickey at Town Square following our meal at Crystal Palace. So that's where we have to head prior to 6:30 pm. Keep your eyes peeled for two pirates! pirate:

Popping in for a short update :surfweb: .... its been a few days so its definitely time.

Since our family members have arrived, we have enjoyed some shopping time at Disney Springs:

14721519_10155114832301416_558300003992972170_n.jpg

plus we visited the Museum of Military History, switched resorts (now at our beloved Vistana :love:, oh how good it is to be "home" :cloud9:), and relaxed the day away yesterday at Discovery Cove.

14657390_10155117863596416_9121652398163198492_n.jpg

14708320_10155117863591416_338876437857278392_n.jpg

We tried two new restaurants over the course of those days (Romano's Macaroni Grill & Maggiano's Little Italy) and the latter knocked our socks off while the former was just okay.

This morning we took part in the SVR "Owner's Update" (read: timeshare spiel) and were in and out in a record 54 minutes. These things are getting easier and easier......I almost felt bad for our sales guy :teeth:. We earned ourselves a cool $100 Visa gift card for our participation in the meeting and Frozen princess wands and a light saber for the nieces and nephews. More than $50/hour was worth the time.....tonight's dinner at Crystal Palace will be "free" as a result.

We are currently enjoying a restful morning before heading to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party later this afternoon. The weather has cooled off quite a bit over the last couple of days and we are actually a bit on the chilly side in the earlier hours (let's just say it was rather nippy until the sun grew stronger yesterday at DC :cold:). It should be nothing short of PERFECT weather for our MNSSHP tonight! :jumping1:

Tomorrow we will enjoy a resort day after our late night at MK, then are off to Aquatica with the BIL, SIL & family in tow (their first visit) on Tuesday. They leave to go home on Wednesday AM (they have to be at the airport bright and early for a morning flight), so Steve and I are heading back to DC for a second day of relaxation. Thursday is up in the air: it will be either SeaWorld or Aquatica, we're just not sure which. It's our final full day so we want to have some flex to to enjoy whatever we want to do.....perhaps we'll split the difference and spent a few hours at each.

Time is feeling like its going very, very fast at this point......Friday's ending is looming. I'm trying not to think about it.

My babies, I am told, are doing awesome with their caregiver. I hear they are being "little hellions" :rotfl: so I know they're not missing me too much! While I hate to see our awesome two weeks come to an end, I can't wait to be reunited with Violet and Dash.

Happy Sunday to ya'll :goodvibes. I will try and check in again soon!

I just can't even believe you leave Friday and we arrive Saturday morning. We couldn't have planned it any worse if we tried:scared:. And is it possible to hope that your week goes slow for you, but mine goes super fast for me? I have a feeling it might be the opposite though!

We will definitely have to meet and have a visit on a 2017 trip. Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you are having a great time at the party. Steve and his bro look awesome in the ears lol!:)

P.S.) Take a look at Living Social if you haven't purchased your ICE tickets yet, they have some dates at half price.

Last edited:
I just can't even believe you leave Friday and we arrive Saturday morning. We couldn't have planned it any worse if we tried:scared:. And is it possible to hope that your week goes slow for you, but mine goes super fast for me? I have a feeling it might be the opposite though!

We will definitely have to meet and have a visit on a 2017 trip. Enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you are having a great time at the party. Steve and his bro look awesome in the ears lol!:)

P.S.) Take a look at Living Social if you haven't purchased your ICE tickets yet, they have some dates at half price.

Thanks for the head up on the Livingsocial deal, but tickets are long since purchased :headache: (every once in a while, being the early bird doesn't work in my favour). I wonder if the discounted passes on Livingsocial means that sales are slow for the 2016 event? :scratchin It will be interesting to find out if crowds are lower than when we were last there in 2012.

We will definitely be looking into setting some tentative dates for 2017 once we get ourselves settled in our new community in Michigan. October is definitely a front-runner for time of year, especially later in the month. The weather is just SO nice and the Halloween events make a trip super special. Of course, I always toy with the idea of a last week of October/first week of November vacation so we can hit both the Disney Halloween and Christmas parties in the same trip. Whaddya say, are you up for it? :teeth:

It's a quiet afternoon here at the Vistana, so I thought I'd drop in and say hello while we're relaxing and attempting to recuperate from last night's MNSSHP. These two old poops are definitely not accustomed to being out so late, so often....and today, we're feelin' it! Steve has also come down with a rather nasty head cold (seems to always happen to him on our vacations, he must be extra sensitive to the plethora of germs at the parks and restaurants) so he's feeling a especially icky and droopy. He's grabbing some R&R and so I figured it was a good time to check in here on the Dis.

Last night's party? Tons of fun. Our dinner at Crystal Palace was fantastic: Disney magic at its finest. Every inch of the experience from the greeters to the servers to the food and (of course) the characters was top-notch. We haven't done this meal since our very first visit in 2009 and I think we may need to make it a tradition before every Halloween party.

14731278_10155122150791416_4244315822066454180_n.jpg

The party itself was busy but very enjoyable. We seemed to have terrible timing most of the night.....just missing out on meeting characters after waiting in the lengthy lines (when they suddenly needed to take a break for a half hour; we didn't bother waiting any longer) or having rides break down just before boarding (Haunted Mansion, I'm looking at you.....we were all turned back, literally steps away from the Doom Buggies, and ushered out from whence we came due to an unknown major issue). It also seemed somewhat busier than last Sunday's MNSSHP. That said, the guests were a lot more fun (more in costume, more energy) and we got a ton of compliments from other party goers on our outfits. It just seemed like there was more of a "buzz" in the air, if you will....maybe because it is closer to Halloween? At any rate, we were one of the first party guests in the gates (they let us in at 3:50 pm) and we stayed right through to midnight. Oh yeah, and we met talking Mickey for the first time!! He was stinking adorable.

14702235_10155120533096416_8292083955511887984_n.jpg

Our Photopass pictures will be better than this one (taken on my crappy old iphone) but for now, you get the idea :):).

Next year, if we come, we want to do different costumes......hopefully living in the USA will give us better access to costumes large enough to fit my big Steve (and without the duties, taxes, and ridiculous shipping costs to Canada, not to mention the dreadful exchange rate on top of it all).

14650499_10155122150776416_6191078968377607988_n.jpg

Today, we are takin' it easy. We had a massive brunch at Hash House A Go Go, did a little shopping, and then hit up Disney Springs for a bit on our way back to the resort. We finally got the chance to visit the new Coca-Cola store and it is awesome! We loved the open-air rooftop patio and beverage bar. And.....we got to meet the Coke Bear!

14639617_10155123015376416_12182407164986867_n.jpg

14708127_10155123015251416_6312893433225413144_n.jpg

14732179_10155123015216416_5779799419074181728_n.jpg

Tonight, Steve's brother and his family are joining us here at SVR for some pool and hot tub time. The kids will enjoy the massive Fountains pool:

14729365_10155119341596416_8490437442261398797_n.jpg

......but you will find me here:

14656264_10155119341971416_9214735243394591977_n.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Tomorrow, we're off to Aquatica (taking the family members for their first visit...and their final day before heading home), then Discovery Cove on Wednesday and one final day at SeaWorld on Thursday. Friday, we will savour a final few hours of fun before beginning our journey home in the afternoon.

The sun is still shining :sunny:, the temperatures are unbelievably perfect (I was actually a bit cold last night toward the later hours of the party!) and we are saying many prayers of thanks for the ideal conditions. I just wish I could bottle it and take it home.

Until next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter