• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tutto Italia vs. Mama Melrose

theresamom

Earning My Ears
Ok... we FINALLY have our reservations narrowed down.. last spot will be Italian.

So, what should we go with? Tutto Italia or Mama Melrose? Three adults and one teen.

Also, what did you order at either place that you really liked?

Thanks in advance... couldn't reserve all our meals without ya!

We don't do Tutto because it seems pricey, but we just ate at Mama Melrose's last night. Loved the Mozzarella and Tomato appetizer, and the bread they served was right out of the oven and heavenly! I also had a great wine - Estancia Cabernet. Enjoyed it immensely. All of the entrees were good.

I'd go with location. Otherwise, and I know many will disagree, I've never had a real good meal at Tutto and never had a bad meal at Mama Melrose. Make sense?
I think price, too...so all things equal we choose MM.
:goodvibes

I don't care for either. I think that Tutto Italia has the better food by far, but like all Patina Group restaurants, it's grossly overpriced. Are you on the dining plan? If not, you might want to look in to Il Mulino. If you are, I think Portobello at Downtown Disney is a better option than any of the theme parks' Italian restaurants.

We ate at Tutto the last week of August and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Our meal was FANTASTIC. I had the lasagna, it was the best I ever had. My son had the fetuccini with cream sauce and pancetta, that was amazing as well! Tiramisu for dessert was creamy and delicious. I highly recommend it. We dont care about prices because we always use the DP. So im not even sure of the prices. But i highly recommend it. Food is incredible. Sorry but I would not put these two in the same category. No way does MM have better pasta than Tutto.

Had the fettucini at Tutto Italia last month, it approached the excellence of the former Alfredo's. We ate a MM a couple of times many years ago and have never been compelled to return. It was ok, but so many eateries/so little time, etc. :earsboy:

IMO Mama Melrose has some of the worst food on the property. Tutto is more expensive but very good

Whew, I am glad to hear this! Yesterday, I just cancelled MM and booked Tutto instead. And I will be getting that lasagna!:thumbsup2

We've eaten at both restaurants and liked Tutto Italia much better. Have you considered Villa Napoli at Epcot? We have eaten there about three times and loved every meal. Last week we ate there and had a delicious tortellini soup and a canneloni dish which both my husband and I LOVED!

disneygal55 said:
We've eaten at both restaurants and liked Tutto Italia much better. Have you considered Villa Napoli at Epcot? We have eaten there about three times and loved every meal. Last week we ate there and had a delicious tortellini soup and a canneloni dish which both my husband and I LOVED!

OMG yes! great suggestion. id go with via napoli before the other two. its amazing!

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

not even close

Tutto Italia is far better than Mama Melrose

Kinda what I was thinking, it's like comparing a real apple to a plastic decorative apple. But I side with the other poster who said ditch them both and hit Via Napoli instead!

Minerva Mouse said:
Kinda what I was thinking, it's like comparing a real apple to a plastic decorative apple. But I side with the other poster who said ditch them both and hit Via Napoli instead!

I actually prefer tutto italia a bit over via napoli

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter