Tut, Tut, It Looks Like Rain, A Very Merry Thanksgiving TR Updated 4/28!!

DSCF0260_zpsv2orw6ep.jpg

That is what you call a stink face!!! :rotfl2:

He is in DEEP thought?!?!

Anyone know what time the 3:00 parade begins?

15:00

What an awful ride.

OMG! This is the WORST!!! and you did it TWICE? I think there is a medal somewhere in Disney for people like you..

I really hadn’t anticipated that reaction at all.

POOR KID!!! :hug:

I am in a rush, but I had to say this was the same day, the Sunday before Thanksgiving! Can you believe it we had just left Casey's and you were there???!!! So cool!
Too funny! And a shame we didn't "know" each other ahead of time so we could have said hello! We may have even walked right past each other, too......:)
If you're ever in MK again and the parade is rained out, stick around and see if they do the rainy day parade. It was adorable, not as long as FoF and no big floats but it had characters walking, some riding in cars and one or two in the smaller gazebo-type floats. The CM's that were walking in it had on raincoats and rainboots which was so cute. It happened once it stopped pouring; it was a light drizzle, I'm sure they wouldn't do it at all if it was raining much heavier.

Lol! LOVE EThan's pose here, he looks very focused, studious even!

And since the line was so short, we rode it twice with our FP as well.

Nice! Nothing like back-to-back short lines!

I love this photo, between Erik being mid-chew and the guy who unintentionally photo bombed, it is hilarious.

Lol!:rotfl2:

And headed over to Monster’s Laugh Floor. I helped Lorelai send in a joke, and it was picked, but now for the life of me I can’t remember what it was. But we have Ethan, who has a memory that never fails, and the joke was: “What do you call a bear with no teeth? A GUMMY Bear!

Cute! I love that attraction; always good for a laugh!:duck:

But first Lorelai needed to change into her princess dress.

DSCF0287_zpsupm3nhti.jpg

Love that dress! So pretty!

We had some pretty upset and disappointed kiddos.

DSCF0291_zpsx9xewsii.jpg

DSCF0292_zpsfymtamuo.jpg

We stuck it out for a while, but finally decided to move on and see the parade another day. The kids were GRUMPY! We considered going back to the resort, but we didn’t really have enough time for that since we had an early dinner ADR. What to do…

Poor kiddos! They look so upset!

Lorelai fell asleep…

I do love a nap on that train too!

the line was crazy. Yep for the Peoplemover. Well Buzz didn’t have a terribly long wait… so we headed over.

I'm shocked! Not often is the People Mover a longer wait than Buzz.

What an awful ride.

It's pretty bad. I love Stitch, and we ride it every trip but.. Just no. Did you ever ride it before it was Stitch? Scariest ride EVER!

To be honest, I felt like a drowned rat, who shouldn’t be there, but it is what it is. I did go into the powder room to try and make myself presentable.

I hate that! I feel like that every time I visit GF! It's just too fancy for me.

Awe! I love this!

He was hilarious and really cracked Ethan up talking about his armour , i.e. his Under Armour sweatshirt. Lorelai was smitten.

Lol! I never have heard that the prince is funny, you guys got a good one!

She made a HUGE deal over him, teasing him that it could be their anniversary. He was a good sport about it, but immediately after she left our table he freaked out and began crying. He was completely overstimulated and freaked out. He panicked when he realized that there was another step sister. We let him head to the bathroom

No! Poor Ethan. I'm sure it was just too much after a long day, but that stinks. Nobody should feel unhappy in WDW. Hopefullt, someday, he'll be able to look back on it a just laugh.

Interesting, because I was just discussing SOTMK with another poster in her TR. I've been begging my kids to do this on like our last 3 trips and they won't :mad: I almost did it by myself when DH and I went sans kids in January lol. If they don't want to do it in November I'm going to buy cards and just start doing it until they get jealous!

Do it! The cards are absolutely free, you can get a pack a day per person at the firehouse in the MK. I ask the CM working there if it was worth buying cards, but he said it wasn't and I agree. Ethan LOVED the game, really really loved it. Lorelai could take it or leave it.

We did BOG breakfast in January, just DH and I. We've had dinner there many times and LOVE it; we've also done lunch so I wanted to be able to say I've done all 3 meals. It was nice being in an empty park (we had PPO and they didn't change the opening time on us, luckily) and we rode 7DMT 3x before the RD crowd arrived, but definitely not worth the $$. I did enjoy my eggs Florentine but the pastries as you said were nothing special and DH ordered the kids French Toast, which was about enough food to satisfy a 2 year old :rotfl:

Lucky you!!!

We've ridden multiple times in a row, too! Love it!

Most rides I prefer at Disneyland, but this one I believe is way better at WDW!

Even though you don't have a picture, I have to do this whenever someone mentions these: Mmmmm, Casey's Corn Dog Nuggets

I normally hate Corn Dog Nuggets, but there is something about these that makes them amazing!

OMG DH and I did Stitch for the first time in Jan. and we will NEVER do it again, nor make our kids ride unless they do something really, really bad :p They never wanted to try it and in this case, I have to say they were smarter than me. No point to that ride whatsoever................

LOL

I've actually heard this about Cindy at this particular meal quite a few times. Wonder what's up with that?

Poor Ethan :( I feel so bad for him. I hope he recovered enough to enjoy some more characters later in your trip.

He did recover, but he is in a phase right now where he does not like face characters... at all.

That is what you call a stink face!!! :rotfl2:

LOL

He is in DEEP thought?!?!

A rare moment!

OMG! This is the WORST!!! and you did it TWICE? I think there is a medal somewhere in Disney for people like you..

I can say that I will never ride it again!

POOR KID!!! :hug:

I felt AWFUL!!

Too funny! And a shame we didn't "know" each other ahead of time so we could have said hello! We may have even walked right past each other, too......:)
If you're ever in MK again and the parade is rained out, stick around and see if they do the rainy day parade. It was adorable, not as long as FoF and no big floats but it had characters walking, some riding in cars and one or two in the smaller gazebo-type floats. The CM's that were walking in it had on raincoats and rainboots which was so cute. It happened once it stopped pouring; it was a light drizzle, I'm sure they wouldn't do it at all if it was raining much heavier.

Next time!

We did catch the rainy day parade at some point, I think it was the day or so before, very cute!

Lol! LOVE EThan's pose here, he looks very focused, studious even!

He's a great actor! LOL

Nice! Nothing like back-to-back short lines!

Love early morning lines!

Cute! I love that attraction; always good for a laugh!

I love Monster's Inc. I wish they had more of them in the parks!

Love that dress! So pretty!

She was so excited when we found it on the clearance rack at Kohls!

Poor kiddos! They look so upset!

They were so disappointed!

I do love a nap on that train too!

Yep1

I'm shocked! Not often is the People Mover a longer wait than Buzz.

It was strange!

It's pretty bad. I love Stitch, and we ride it every trip but.. Just no. Did you ever ride it before it was Stitch? Scariest ride EVER!

No I missed that, I am sure that I wouldn't have cared for it. I am not a huge alien fan! Erik would have loved it I am sure.

I hate that! I feel like that every time I visit GF! It's just too fancy for me.

I always feel a little out of place there, I don't think (even if we could afford it) that we will ever stay there. We love the Yacht Club though, it has the same elegance but not the stuffiness of the GF.

Lol! I never have heard that the prince is funny, you guys got a good one!

He was pretty good.

No! Poor Ethan. I'm sure it was just too much after a long day, but that stinks. Nobody should feel unhappy in WDW. Hopefullt, someday, he'll be able to look back on it a just laugh.

One day he will look at the video and laugh, one day far in the future! LOL

Quick update on our upcoming trip... it is coming up fast! I am not sure whether to :cool1: or :scared1:. I am so not ready, and we are in the process of trying to find a new house right now. We rent and the market moves SOOOO fast in the good school district that we want to move into. We have an offer in on a house right now, and if we get it then we will move in 4 days, and we only have 1 1/2 rooms of our house packed. Yeah, a little stressful. Add that to the fact that we need to make sure the kids have everything they need for camp and pack them, pack ourselves for WDW. We are in packing overload!

I have been sooooo busy this summer that my pool pass has only been scanned twice and once was just to walk in and pick up Lorelai to take her to her tumbling clinic. School has been CRAZY hard, summer classes pack a lot into the short course time, and I am taking a couple difficult classes this summer to begin with. The kids are keeping busy with summer school, basketball, cheerleading (or tumbling right now) and spending a lot of time at the pool with my mom. LUCKY THEM!

Now on to the important stuff! The trip to Disney World!!:dancer::dancer:

There have been some changes since the last time I posted... is anyone surprised?:laughing: Not to our flights, thank goodness, but too our stay. Originally, I had booked us with a PIN at POFQ and park hoppers. Erik was really excited about this because he wanted another Po'Boy from the food court. I kept looking for a better deal ... because that is just who I am, I can't stop looking!

Well one night I was on Orbitz and I saw that the price on the WL dropped... so I ran the numbers and if I cancelled the package and rebooked on Orbitz, I could get my tickets from UT... and it would all be only $94 to upgrade to a deluxe. YES, I know that the WL is being taken over by construction, but I am okay with that and so is Erik. We like the boat ride, what can I say. So I booked it and canceled our package.

I am not kidding the NEXT day it was announced that the food court at POFQ was going down for referb the day we would have arrived. :coffee:

So now on to our TENTATIVE plans.

Day One- 5am Flight:sick:, Evening in Epcot
No ADR's
We do have a FP+ for Frozen Ever After

Day Two- Magic Kingdom Morning (I really want to see the opening show)
DHS for the evening with the Star Wars Dessert Party that night. YAY! So excited about this!

Day Three- Epcot Morning and Afternoon
ADRs- Garden Grill Breakfast & Trattoria al Forno Dinner
Magic Kingdom- Main St. Electrical Parade and Wishes, EMH till 1am

Day Four- MK Morning with the Keys to the Kingdom Tour
Lunch at Columbia Harbor House with the tour
Evening and Dinner at Epcot
ADR- Dinner with friends (Kat and Tim who we met at the Indy Dis Meet) at Rose and Crown for Illuminations

Day Five- Early Breakfast at Kona Cafe (we wanted to try a new meal here, I am thinking of adding a lunch or dinner there, because I really want their noodle bowl)
Morning at Magic Kingdom
Open for lunch
Fly out at 6:55pm :sad:

Things could change. Right now I am considering moving our Trattoria Al Forno to Day One and replacing it with a drinks at Trader Sams and dinner at Kona. What do you think? I am not really excited about TaF, but it was Erik's pick, so it has to stay somewhere. Thoughts?

Yeah, a little stressful. Add that to the fact that we need to make sure the kids have everything they need for camp and pack them, pack ourselves for WDW. We are in packing overload!

OMG! that's too too much packing, I would have the house stuff packed in my Disney luggage and the camp stuff in the house move. i applaud you.

I am not kidding the NEXT day it was announced that the food court at POFQ was going down for referb the day we would have arrived.

Wow is that coincidence or what? WTG!!!

but it was Erik's pick, so it has to stay somewhere. Thoughts?

I love all your plans. i don't think you should change a thing!

For anyone who is still hanging in there with me, I will be updating soon. It has been a crazy month or so, and even though I have the next day written I just haven't had time to upload the photos, let alone download the ones from our July trip! I just finished my last final for the summer, thank the Lord, and I now have three weeks off from school before I am back at it again. Plus the kids are finished with their summer school today, and boy am I glad. Running them to and from summer school takes an extra hour out of my day!

Let me just say though, that our Adults Only trip was fantastic, HOT, but fantastic. We met up with some great Disney friends and met some new ones, saw the new Star Wars Fireworks, did the KTTK tour and enjoyed drinking around the world... many times.

I promise to update ASAP!

I FINALLY was able to post this with photos, after I took every photo link out and replaced them with the same link... strange! So to finish up Day 6!

Drizella was last and she was a hoot with Lorelai. Going on and on about her “party bow” and that she was wearing money on her teeth (her braces). Teeth jewelry she called them. LOL

DSCF0412_zpswewrtwdl.jpg

DSCF0414_zpsdpbtspcx.jpg

DSCF0429_zpsimre2f1t.jpg

DSCF0433_zpslhwnuqqi.jpg

Ethan must have been hovering in the entrance because he returned as soon as she left.

We finished up eating pretty quickly after Drizella left, and we all really enjoyed the meal (minus Ethan not liking Anastasia and Drizella). The food was delish and I fell in love with the cold strawberry soup. YUM!

After we settled our bill and tip, we headed out into the lobby to get a good look at the gingerbread house. So cool!

20151122_184855_zpsldxeunhj.jpg

20151122_184950_zpsv65gll54.jpg

20151122_185021_zpsxpnqivy2.jpg

DSCF0441_zps8foadglt.jpg

Those are some serious ingredients! Ethan was thinking about sneaking a bite...

DSCF0435_zpsjmaoqkzb.jpg

DSCF0438_zps0bzich8k.jpg

After that moment there are no more photos, not one. STRANGE! It was only 6:50pm when we finished looking at the gingerbread house… and without the photos I can’t remember what we did next. I am certain we did not go to a park, or there would be more photos obviously. The fact that it had been an early and LONG day, and we had an early morning the next day makes me think we headed right back to CSR via the monorail to the MK to the bus to CSR. I know we did a night swim at the quiet pool outside our room one night, and I am thinking this was the night.

Next up: Another day at our favorite park!

Day 7, November 23

After what I think was an early night, we were all up and ready the next morning for our early breakfast. The kids were having a good time running around at an empty bus stop.

DSCF0446_zpscy7lnbfi.jpg

DSCF0447_zps2v21nxla.jpg

DSCF0448_zpswdfbbd2m.jpg

DSCF0454_zpsprswbepw.jpg

DSCF0463_zpshpbznavn.jpg

Some people have more energy than others in the morning… Lorelai is usually one of them. Once she wakes up that is, because boy is she not happy when she first wakes up.

I am not sure if it is this morning or two days later that Ethan got “bus sick”, but I am leaning toward it was this day. Luckily it was a pretty empty bus and I was prepared with large Ziploc baggies. It happens to him often at home so I am prepared, and he gets over it quickly when he gets out in the fresh air.

He is smiling in this photo, but it comes on quickly, so that is no indication.

DSCF0467_zpsterwf5v7.jpg

Very empty…

DSCF0465_zpsf7rfttyb.jpg

There weren’t actually a lot of people waiting for PPO ADR’s.

DSCF0474_zpsftvwuo7h.jpg

DSCF0473_zpstkssvisb.jpg

We joined them at about 7:30, and the line did get pretty big after us.

DSCF0475_zpsfpur7hw9.jpg

Maybe he is mocking his getting sick…

DSCF0479_zpsfwis9hig.jpg

We were finally let in at 7:50 and we decided to take advantage of an empty Spaceship Earth setting.

DSCF0483_zpsjtypecqy.jpg

DSCF0484_zps470uwa4e.jpg

DSCF0485_zpsqr5tl0dy.jpg

20151123_075231%20-%20Copy_zpsyckdedqo.jpg

20151123_075314%20-%20Copy_zpsfhtu9j7u.jpg

It was weird to be walking around an empty Epcot, since it doesn’t have the open feel that MK has, it really felt like we were the only ones in the park at times.

DSCF0488_zpshocs8rws.jpg

We were directed to take the shortcut through Innoventions, not sure which one, the one on the way to the Land obviously.

DSCF0489_zpsoum7mdm3.jpg

I think it physically hurt Ethan not to stop here…

DSCF0491_zpsjmahs7gt.jpg

And then we reached a still empty Land. Pretty cool!

DSCF0494_zpshifrklgp.jpg

DSCF0500_zpsebdgrpug.jpg

DSCF0501_zpsa76rsq2k.jpg

I checked in and ask for a round booth, which we got! When we sat down we were facing the Land lobby, and Erik was confused as to why I requested (and was excited) to get this type of booth… until he noticed it was rotating.

The kids really loved the rotating and were very excited to look over the railing at each scene.

Before we even met our waitress, or right after, we were immediately greeted by Dale! You can still see the lobby in the background! I have a lot of video of this meal and not as many photos…

DSCF0505_zpsvupaab5n.jpg

DSCF0511_zpsiiquqdwj.jpg

Next up was Mickey… again before we even got past the lobby. Mickey was pretty good, not the best Mickey we’ve met, but not the worst.

DSCF0512_zpsdwyvyho4.jpg

DSCF0515_zpslxcp2rlv.jpg

Next was Pluto, and let me note that all of this was before we ever got our food!

DSCF0519_zpsnm0mi2hw.jpg

DSCF0522_zps21f77by2.jpg

DSCF0524_zps8kypq8cs.jpg

Pluto was okay again, a little boring really… we don’t have the best luck with Pluto for some reason.

Finally it was time for some food!! Our waitress brought out a humongous cinimon roll, fruit, OJ and coffee. YUMM!

DSCF0525_zps3y2cf1mk.jpg

DSCF0526_zpsek82crvz.jpg

DSCF0527_zpsjvsvyoxa.jpg

There is a definite disadvantage to the round booths, the tables are super tiny. I had no idea where the rest of the food was going to go!

While we were eating our first course, Chip came around. I have some cute video that I will add to the video I am making for the trip… it will get done eventually….

DSCF0528_zps7gtnuhl4.jpg

Too bad he couldn’t stick around, but he had other tables to visit.

Now we have saw all of the characters… how long do you think has passed? 8 minutes! We were sat, had food at our table, and had been visited by all the characters… in 8 minutes!! I’m not complaining, my goal was to be finished with the meal and get in line for Soarin’ ASAP! And it was looking like that would happen.

Three minutes later…. Pluto returned…

DSCF0540_zpsj5nf1vgz.jpg

Our main course arrived about 16 minutes after we sat down! You can’t beat that. And the food was plentiful and YUMMY! Biscuts and gravy, tater tots (I love tater tots for breakfast!!), ham, bacon, eggs and Mickey Waffles.

DSCF0542_zps19ahsuby.jpg

DSCF0543_zpsfeuimfrk.jpg

DSCF0544_zpsavmcoqo3.jpg

Along with some relishes, I think one was a salsa… I don’t remember. Because I was all about the Mickey Waffles with the chocolate sauce! I loved it so much, that we booked another breakfast there last month for just the two of us!

While we were eating Mickey came back to see us, because we are that important.

DSCF0547_zpsmyznbmlv.jpg

While Ethan ran to the restroom Chip had to get in on the action,

DSCF0550_zpsi2udp0bf.jpg

DSCF0552_zps3hfwcchx.jpg

Not to be outdone, Dale popped his head over the booth to say hi!

DSCF0553_zpsiojybzqg.jpg

He also ran around again to say goodbye…

DSCF0554_zpsu7gzgabd.jpg

As did Pluto.

DSCF0561_zpskokjgohk.jpg

We had character overload at this breakfast!

After paying our tip and bill Erik headed to the rest room… and took his time, because a few minutes before 9am the doors to the Land opened and we watched hundreds of people head toward the escalator and toward us…. And Erik was nowhere to be found. Finally after what seemed like a thousand people went into Soarin, Erik meandered out, and stopped to take a look at the penny press… ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I practically DRAGGED him in line. It must not have been hundreds because we were here:

DSCF0563_zpsbcksmp7a.jpg

At 9:05.

This is serious stuff, you must pay attention! Patrick is important!!

DSCF0569_zpsgi9pkn5l.jpg

After Soarin’ Over California we headed out to make some pennies at the previously mentioned penny press.

DSCF0575_zpsqgihtezv.jpg

DSCF0576_zpsem5yotav.jpg

Next we headed over to the Imagination Pavillion, and took a bathroom break… then a ride with Figment.

DSCF0579_zpshlnukotz.jpg

DSCF0581_zpsp5ebqapi.jpg

Hey look Payphones!

DSCF0582_zpskkri4qjo.jpg

DSCF0583_zpsxfi3xaht.jpg

An E Selfie

20151123_093244%20-%20Copy_zpsovuexfui.jpg

Lorelai LOVES this ride, and I enjoy it as well. I don’t know what it was before, I’ve heard it was better. I believe it.
DSCF0587_zpsx2vuq7qz.jpg

DSCF0592_zpsydifdjhv.jpg

Of course we had to spend time playing with the games.

DSCF0596_zpsgpvpekt6.jpg

This was so much fun!

DSCF0600_zpseffpr9on.jpg

Ethan built many Figments

DSCF0607_zpszg675prc.jpg

Before we knew it, it was time to head over to our first FP of the day, about halfway through the walk I realized I left my sunglasses at Figment. I had laid them on the seat. Yep, I lost yet another thing, this time I didn’t go back, they were cheapy sunglasses and were at the end of their life anyway.

The walk over to TT was beautiful!

DSCF0614_zps4kqsxtdi.jpg

DSCF0615_zpsqtn03t2l.jpg

DSCF0616_zpsv38zbyyg.jpg

DSCF0617_zpsfenr9doh.jpg

DSCF0619_zpsdzlblt8s.jpg

We designed our cars, and we were speeding along in minutes.

DSCF0619_zpsdzlblt8s.jpg

20151123_101735%20-%20Copy_zpsijpwdk3i.jpg

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7527558928_zpsdtwri8np.jpeg

20151123_103833%20-%20Copy_zps2xsv6ecc.jpg

After TT, we headed into Mouse Gears to do some shopping. I don’t know what everyone else got… I know we didn’t get this hat..

DSCF0641_zps6h9xng0h.jpg

But I picked up a pair of sunglasses. I narrowed it down to two pair, but no one else liked the one that I did, so I went with their choice, and regretted it.

We headed over to Mission:Space, which is a favorite of course.

20151123_113617%20-%20Copy_zps14pjcvyl.jpg

This is where we ran into our first incident with Thanksgiving crowds. My photo of the wait time is hard to make out, but the standby line said 40 minutes for Green, 15 minutes for Orange. We had Fast Passes and were wimps so we were going green:

DSCF0652_zpsbvjs9k3a.jpg

DSCF0653_zpsf4o7hlxs.jpg

That photo was taken at 11:38am right when we got in line. Everyone looks happy right… We finally got off the ride and made it into the gift shop an hour later… with a fast pass! Crazy! When we were there in June 2014 we never waited for longer than 15 minutes without a fast pass, so this blew our minds.

20151123_122431%20-%20Copy_zpslognx6ag.jpg

Of course after a trip to Mars, you have to return to Earth, so that is what we did.

DSCF0657_zpsm0biemex.jpg

20151123_123942%20-%20Copy_zps95b1e7f5.jpg

20151123_124442%20-%20Copy_zpsf39engia.jpg

20151123_125304%20-%20Copy_zpsjts8pufh.jpg

20151123_125354%20-%20Copy_zpsxgxbasmx.jpg

As you can see Erik and Lorelai rode together, which is what lead to mine and Ethan’s most annoying ride on Spaceship Earth…. EVER. Let me explain. I do not use flash on dark rides and Ethan would flip out if I did, because it is against the rules. And to be honest I agree it is RUDE!

The people in the car in front of us had their flashlight on their phone turned on, and it was bright, like really really bright. To add to that they kept taking flash photos. It kept getting flashed in our eyes, and we were getting annoyed.

Apparently it was annoying Erik and Lorelai as well, we were in different cars. So in retaliation when we were headed backwards down Erik turned his light on and was shining it over his sholder at what he thought was the car that had theirs on before… but it wasn’t it was Ethan and I. When we reached the bottom and we figured out it was Erik we flipped out on him. That would be our last ride on Spaceship Earth that trip and Ethan and I were not happy…

What better to make you happy than some nice cold caffeine and popcorn.

DSCF0737_zpssnosbyig.jpg

DSCF0739_zpswkfcwkcq.jpg

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited:
The kids of course headed into Club Cool

DSCF0738_zpsfswwlst4.jpg

Ethan convincing Lorelai to drink Beverly disguised as something else… I think she humored him.

DSCF0744_zpscj64vtzu.jpg

DSCF0745_zpspocoyfba.jpg

Not sure if it is allowed, but Lorelai used her popcorn cup to get a cup of her favorite drink at Club Cool…

DSCF0742_zpswgdrhn3u.jpg

Finally we were ending our morning in Future World with some pictures, before we headed over to the World Showcase.

EPCOT_BACKSIDE2_7527768373_zps4gvfnod0.jpeg

This is where I began to hate my glasses, I could tell they were setting too high on my nose... and they were.

EPCOT_BACKSIDE%204_7527769580_zpsctv9vnjn.jpeg

DSCF0747_zpsxzhmvocz.jpg

DSCF0748_zpsusrd6xwy.jpg

20151123_133844%20-%20Copy_zpsrlabucg9.jpg

20151123_133950%20-%20Copy_zpsi83efxrf.jpg

DSCF0753_zpsxogcih4c.jpg

20151123_134112%20-%20Copy_zpscwdhmjzd.jpg

EPCOT_BACKSIDE2_7527768365_zpsh0ik8f6i.jpeg

Next up: Around the World!

Last edited:
The food at Garden Grill look amazing.. JUST AMAZING.. i would kill for a mickey waffle right about now.
Yes the characters are plenty aren't they!! LOVE IT ALL!!! glad you were able to jump right into Soarin. That would have scared me too all those people!! EEK!
Umm silly girl losing your sunglasses.. But i think the new ones are adorable! I want to buy a new disney pair once we get down there again next year.. so my target ones will have to do for a while!!

Regardless of the crowds you seem to get a boat load of stuff done! even waiting an hour for Mission Space. Like you i am a chicken and ride the green..
LOVE LOVE all your PP pictures! I haven't seen the Inside out magic shots yet! WAY CUTE!!!

Gotta love a mostly empty park! LOL!!! have a great weekend!

Oh my gosh! GG looks SuPER yummy!! And how fun that you guys saw the characters so many times!!

The weather looks lovely. Such a pretty blue sky.

I gotta say we went for Thanksgiving, maybe 15 years ago and the place was deserted! I know it's not like that now, as you're seeing from the nutty lines. I hope the. Roads don't slow you guys down!!

Lol on the sunglasses! I broke mine there a few trips ago and quickly bought a replacement pair in the BW gift shop. About 20 minutes after we'd arrived in the park I realized I hated them and had to search for a comfortable pair. I certainly didn't mind having Disney sunglasses but didn't like spending valuable park tome looking for comfy sunglasses!
We LOVED GG breakfast last Nov! Out of curiosity what day did you go? We went the Sunday before Thanksgiving but not until 10:15 and breakfast ends 10:30. Food was delicious; negative was Mickey and Pluto going "out to lunch" and forgetting to come say hi to us :( We were given a "golden" FP for character spot as a result and we're doing breakfast again this Nov., and hopefully I'll get pics with Farmer Mickey!
Can't wait to hear about your adults only trip :goodvibes I know I mentioned DH and I have done 2, and a few weeks ago we booked another one for later this month :thumbsup2

Loving your trip report. Thanks for sharing. My family of four is heading to WDW over Thanksgiving this year, so it is nice to hear about your experience.

The food at Garden Grill look amazing.. JUST AMAZING.. i would kill for a mickey waffle right about now.
Yes the characters are plenty aren't they!! LOVE IT ALL!!! glad you were able to jump right into Soarin. That would have scared me too all those people!! EEK!

Garden Grill breakfast is now one of our favorite places, one day we will try the dinner, I know you love it! The character interaction there is fantastic!

Umm silly girl losing your sunglasses.. But i think the new ones are adorable! I want to buy a new disney pair once we get down there again next year.. so my target ones will have to do for a while!!

I loved the look of the new glasses, but they sit way to high on my nose, it makes me cringe every time I look at them. LOL

Regardless of the crowds you seem to get a boat load of stuff done! even waiting an hour for Mission Space. Like you i am a chicken and ride the green..

I convinced Lorelai to try the Orange later in the trip! We are chickens no longer... well the girls, the boys were CHICKEN!! LOL

LOVE LOVE all your PP pictures! I haven't seen the Inside out magic shots yet! WAY CUTE!!!
Love love love Photopass! It seemed like the were everywhere in November, but when we were there last month, we hardly saw them.

Gotta love a mostly empty park! LOL!!! have a great weekend!

I really loved the crowds for most of the trip!

Oh my gosh! GG looks SuPER yummy!! And how fun that you guys saw the characters so many times!!

It was a great meal!

The weather looks lovely. Such a pretty blue sky.

The weather was wonderful on this trip! I think we took it for granted how much more enjoyable the park can be when you are not sweating and dying from the heat. After July we now know how good we had it! LOL

I gotta say we went for Thanksgiving, maybe 15 years ago and the place was deserted! I know it's not like that now, as you're seeing from the nutty lines. I hope the. Roads don't slow you guys down!!

Most the parks were okay, except for the MK, it seemed the lines were crazy at the end of our trip at the MK. I think that MS was a bit of a anamoly, because we walked right on to TT and SE.

Lol on the sunglasses! I broke mine there a few trips ago and quickly bought a replacement pair in the BW gift shop. About 20 minutes after we'd arrived in the park I realized I hated them and had to search for a comfortable pair. I certainly didn't mind having Disney sunglasses but didn't like spending valuable park tome looking for comfy sunglasses!

We LOVED GG breakfast last Nov! Out of curiosity what day did you go? We went the Sunday before Thanksgiving but not until 10:15 and breakfast ends 10:30. Food was delicious; negative was Mickey and Pluto going "out to lunch" and forgetting to come say hi to us :( We were given a "golden" FP for character spot as a result and we're doing breakfast again this Nov., and hopefully I'll get pics with Farmer Mickey!

We were there the day after you! So much of our trip was overlapping! We could have been standing right next to each other and not known it. I bet we were at Casey's at the exact same time the day before! Bummer about Mickey, I hope your character experience is better this time!

Can't wait to hear about your adults only trip :goodvibes I know I mentioned DH and I have done 2, and a few weeks ago we booked another one for later this month :thumbsup2

I hope to get to it soon! It was such a different experience. I can't wait to plan another one, but the summer is the only time we and usually get away from our kids. Next year we might spend a few days sans kids at Disneyland... we are still trying to determine if we want to do a Disneyland trip, since my mom is moving to San Diego and my sister lives there, or another Thanksgiving WDW trip. If I can make both work it will be a miracle... and wonderful!

Loving your trip report. Thanks for sharing. My family of four is heading to WDW over Thanksgiving this year, so it is nice to hear about your experience.

:welcome: I am glad you are enjoying it!

I am almost finished with the next installment, the photos are what take me so long I think. I am hoping to finish up the next chapter today and get it posted. The kids and Erik have been begging me to put together a video for this trip like our last trips, but I haven't found the inspiration yet. I have also wrote an article for the Dis that I am hoping will be published soon, and I have another idea that came to me last night.

This weekend we were planning on taking a day trip over to Michigan to the Warren Dunes, but of course after a week of sunshine and warm weather, it is raining today and headed that way. I don't want to see Lorelai's reaction if we decide not to go...

I also just had to share this photo of the kiddos, they have grown so much since the November! And no I did not dress them the same, they did that themselves. I had a man at the pool yesterday ask me if they were twins (he has boy/girl 7 year old twins), he was amazed that they are two years apart.

13938395_10154000357069615_7357604725295160190_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter