Tusker House Res

redredreeves

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. A little background before I get to my question. We are going to WDW in Sept 2014. We want to go to AK the first day we arrive and we are getting to the park around 10:30am. I got a reservation for the Tusker House Character lunch.
We are staying for a week and have a lot of other character dining meals.

My question is should we go to Tusker House or just do QS? We are already arriving late to the park and I'm worried we will miss out on attractions if we are eating TS for lunch.
Do you think that we will be missing out, or is it relatively easy to make it through AK in the time we have and still do the TH lunch?

It depends what attractions are you wanting to do?This would help to know whether you should do a character meal or not.

Agreed, depends what all you plan on doing, and how fast your group can move.

We stayed the whole day at AK, arrived before RD, had lunch at Tusker, and managed to do all but one of the things on our to do list. But we weren't trying to do everything there was to do either, and we did ride a few rides twice, and do a few of the wilderness explorers badges. Although, it was the off season, and we pretty much walked onto everything, even Everest, so not sure those extra rides count, as we probably rode twice in less time than most people wait to ride once in the summer. We still didn't fit everything in, though.

We never made it to:
Nemo
Flights of Wonder
Kali River Rapids
1/2 the animal trails
The train & Rafiki's Planet Watch area (petting zoo / veterinary area)
The parade

* And we only barely squeezed in the last showing of Lion King. I was actually afraid we were going to miss it.

If all you want to do is a couple of rides and shows, half a day will probably be fine. If you really want to explore all AK has to offer, you need more time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter