Tusker House Characters

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
Are the characters at all three meals at Tusker House? Does anyone have a preference over lunch or dinner, or is it the same buffet for both?

I tough it was only during breakfast! It's the fab five Mickey, Minnie, Donald, daisy and goofy. They are all wearing cute safari outfits too which makes it even more fun. The breakfast at tucker house is delicious. I have never been at lunch or dinner. You can read about my last experience there in my trip report on my blog at http://disneymommytips.blogspot.ca
Just check out my animal kingdom day. It's our first stop.

I tough it was only during breakfast! It's the fab five Mickey, Minnie, Donald, daisy and goofy. They are all wearing cute safari outfits too which makes it even more fun. The breakfast at tucker house is delicious. I have never been at lunch or dinner. You can read about my last experience there in my trip report on my blog at http://disneymommytips.blogspot.ca
Just check out my animal kingdom day. It's our first stop.

thanks for posting the pictures and the review. We have done CM the last 2 trips and decided to try TH this time. 10:30AM ADR, hoping for both breakfast and lunch foods.

We had lunch there in 2014 and the characters were there then.

This comes from Disney's website:
Join Safari Donald Duck and friends at this colorful Harambe marketplace eatery for a wild Character Dining experience regardless of time of day—from breakfast and lunch to the family-style dinner buffet—all brimming with African flavor.

Lunch starts at 11 so you should be fine. Most buffets now have the same menu throughout lunch and dinner. I guess it's easier to justify keeping the price so similar if not the same.

We usually prefer having a late lunch or a super early dinner just because it can get so hot so it's nice to have a break in the middle of the day especially at AK.

thanks for posting the pictures and the review. We have done CM the last 2 trips and decided to try TH this time. 10:30AM ADR, hoping for both breakfast and lunch foods.
You will love it and your going at a great time. Around 11:00 they start putting out the lunch fair. My husband always starts with a breakfast plate then ends up with a plate full of the lunch items. He says it's all delicious.

You will love it and your going at a great time. Around 11:00 they start putting out the lunch fair. My husband always starts with a breakfast plate then ends up with a plate full of the lunch items. He says it's all delicious.

the kids are picky and looking at the menu they may only eat the regular breakfast foods so seemed the best option. we are paying OOP and breakfast is cheaper.

the kids are picky and looking at the menu they may only eat the regular breakfast foods so seemed the best option. we are paying OOP and breakfast is cheaper.

We are doing the exact same thing! We opted for a late ADR for breakfast - cheaper and get breakfast and lunch items.

As others have said he character are the same for all meals and its the fab 5 minus Minnie (unless its changed since our last visit in 2015). Lunch and dinner are similar enough, that I'd go for lunch with the cheaper price tag. Another option is a late breakfast (10:45) where you will get the changeover to lunch and be able to experience both meals for the cheaper breakfast price

We gave up Tusker House dinner for Tiffins on our trip last month, so I know we'll definitely include it on our next trip (whenever that is!). Just hope the characters will continue to appear for all three meals.

Thanks everyone! We did breakfast in 2014 and enjoyed it but we booked slightly out of the 180 day mark and I haven't been able to nab a reservation for breakfast yet. I have lunch booked but would prefer an early dinner, but wanted to confirm the characters would be there!

Characters began appearing for dinner starting on March 8, 2015. So that may be why there is some confusion there! I know on our last trip to TH they only appeared for breakfast and lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter