• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Turkey Leg no longer in Frontierland

disneydad78

DIS Veteran
Is it just me ? The turkey leg just screams Frontierland. Not Tomorrowland. Was in Tomorrowland other day could not wait to get over to Frontierland for a turkey leg. As we made our way over to Frontierland , down pour!!! As we approached the cast member closing down , we asked could we grab a turkey leg before you close due to the rain. "I'm sorry, the turkey legs are now located in Tomorrowland." What???? Just feels odd , Turkeys are hunted in the frontier, was a staple food for people living in the frontier. Not on a spaceship going to infinity and beyond.
Am I the only one that feels it to be odd?

Definitely out of place in Tomorrowland ... I am sure it's a temporary relo ... Clueless as to what that might be!

It's in tomorrowland due to work being done in the kitchen used to make the turkey legs. The turkey legs are now being made in a kitchen in tomorrowland therefore are currently being served in tomorrowland at the cool ship.

A turkey leg was one of the staples to eat on a trip. That along with a Citrus Swirl. Now for me it is a pork shank from Gaston's. I think it beats the turkey leg now.

Have not tried the pork shank (or the turkey leg - I eat so MUCH turkey at home - turkey sandwich for lunch @ work every single day) yet - will have to give a try my next trip - whenever that will be!

Wherever they are sold, I'm sure at least 50% of the bought ones will be 2/3 wasted and discarded where other birds pick at them... They gross me out so much, especially when I see that.

Wherever they are sold, I'm sure at least 50% of the bought ones will be 2/3 wasted and discarded where other birds pick at them... They gross me out so much, especially when I see that.
That's 1 of the reasons I never got one - nobody I was with offered me to try theirs if they got one, and I didn't want to be wasteful and throw mine away if I didn't like it.

They are definitely large enough to be shared. I always share with my DH since I know I'll only take a few bites. Its also fairly easy to break pieces off, if someone and a friend wanted to share. Its a must do for my family as well.

That's 1 of the reasons I never got one - nobody I was with offered me to try theirs if they got one, and I didn't want to be wasteful and throw mine away if I didn't like it.

Hold on one minute. Are you telling me there are actual people who don't like the turkey leg at WDW? No, no, no this just won't do.

J/K. I do love me a turkey leg whenever I'm at WDW and it is the only thing I generally ever share with anyone. Well that and the ice cream cookie sandwich at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. And I really don't like sharing food.

Im ashamed to admit..I found the turkey leg to be inedible. I do like watching people eat them..but no..couldnt do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter