TSM at RD

I guess we will have to just "wing it" and see what happens. Nothing available for H&V prior to 8am .. and that is the same time as park opening on Dec 27th.

We are 4 adults (2 grandmothers that I would never consider sending into the TSM crowd alone) and 2 kids. Our kids are older, so they really don't care about these characters. We are only eating there as it is the only sit down restaurant in DHS for breakfast.

Somehow we will have to figure out how all can eat and still ride TSM at least 3 times. From what you said, having DH head for fast passes while we head to the restaurant is probably not the best solution. He likes to eat too! :rotfl:

I guess we will have to just "wing it" and see what happens. Nothing available for H&V prior to 8am .. and that is the same time as park opening on Dec 27th.

We are 4 adults (2 grandmothers that I would never consider sending into the TSM crowd alone) and 2 kids. Our kids are older, so they really don't care about these characters. We are only eating there as it is the only sit down restaurant in DHS for breakfast.

Somehow we will have to figure out how all can eat and still ride TSM at least 3 times. From what you said, having DH head for fast passes while we head to the restaurant is probably not the best solution. He likes to eat too! :rotfl:

At DHS, especially, we always-

RIDE FIRST
EAT LATER

We arrive well before Rope Drop (EMH or Regular) and ride the biggies (at DHS: TSM, ToT, RnRC) first, then stop by Starring Rolls Bakery for some goodies for breakfast.

Also, the much-maligned ABC Commissary (Counter Service) offers some breakfast combos that are not bad at all.

Just an observation from a first timer.

We got there at about 8:45 for a 9 am rope drop on a non-Fantasmic, very non-crowded day (Monday, 12/7). After bag check and going through the turnstiles, we went to the left, as per the DIS instructions but didn't push our way to the front. We were probably 30 feet or so from the front of the crowd. We walked at a normal pace and again didn't push our way through once the crowd started moving, but were passed by a lot of folks running from the back of the crowd.

We got to the FP line and it was *crazy* long so we rode first. We waited about 30 minutes...by far the longest wait of the whole week. After the ride, we had DH get FPs while the rest of us went into Playhouse Disney's first show at 9:40. We walked in there with about 30 seconds to spare before they shut the doors. So, RD at TSMM took us almost exactly 40 minutes. FP return time was 1:05 getting them at 9:40.

If you don't want to wait, I'd get there a LOT earlier than we did to assure a place at the front of the crowd. :santa:

A tip on maximizing your position toward the front of the TSMM mob...

On our last trip, due to horrid bus service, we found ourselves way at the back of a rather large opening crowd. While DW and the kids lingered back near Oscar's I took all our tix and walked through the connecting stores on the right hand side of the street as the streetmosphere folks were doing their little opening show. I made it all the way up close to where the tip board is, bypassing hundreds and hundreds of people. I was able to get FPs for us all pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter