Trying to undestand the big picture of leftover park passes

Princess Tess

Mouseketeer
Hubby and I each have 2 days & 9 water parks and more (options) non expiring park hopper tix.
We will be in WDW 2/2-2/7. Because of the price break it (seems to) makes sense to save the 2 day non expiring tix for a later date and buy 3 or 4 day park passes for this trip.
I was told by ticketing we can 'unlink' the 2 day passes from our magic bands and add in the new ticket purchase but how do I ensure they will be kept safe? I don't have a hard ticket to put them on.
I should have asked while I had them in the phone but want to throw this question on the Disboards also the see if anyone has any experience or advise on something I may be missing?
Any info appreciated!

Wow, you got some bad advice! Nothing is stored on your MBs, so there is no "unlinking" necessary. MBs function as links to your account and nothing more.

When you arrive, you can go to Guest Services & ask them to prioritize whichever tickets you'd like. That way, the new tickets will be used first. After entering the park, you can verify that the new tickets were used, and get it fixed on the spot if they were not. I would not try to do this over the phone.

Buy the tickets you want, before you enter the park go to guest service, have them prioritize the ticket you want to use. Your other ticket will remain on your account unused

Can you see your 2 day tickets in MDE? If so, you can create "dummy" friends in MDE and transfer the tickets to them.

Or you can have them prioritized as mentioned above. But I personally prefer to have 1 ticket per person in MDE.

Wow, you got some bad advice! Nothing is stored on your MBs, so there is no "unlinking" necessary. MBs function as links to your account and nothing more.

When you arrive, you can go to Guest Services & ask them to prioritize whichever tickets you'd like. That way, the new tickets will be used first. After entering the park, you can verify that the new tickets were used, and get it fixed on the spot if they were not. I would not try to do this over the phone.

Bad advise or I misunderstood.....? LOL maybe the linking was with MDE?

So glad I asked this! How can I work the FP? Can I still reserve them on my existing leftover tix now and switch them over when I get the WDW or do I need to purchase the (new) tix now prior to traveling, add that tix to MDE and connect the FP to that? I hope I am asking that question clearly.

So glad I asked this! How can I work the FP? Can I still reserve them on my existing leftover tix now and switch them over when I get the WDW or do I need to purchase the (new) tix now prior to traveling, add that tix to MDE and connect the FP to that? I hope I am asking that question clearly.
FP+ are connected to your account, not to your tickets. You can make them now. There will be nothing to switch.

Can you see your 2 day tickets in MDE? If so, you can create "dummy" friends in MDE and transfer the tickets to them.

Or you can have them prioritized as mentioned above. But I personally prefer to have 1 ticket per person in MDE.

You can't transfer used tickets.

Yes, you can reserve FP+ using the non-expire tickets that are linked now, however, because you only have 2 days of tickets, you will only be able to reserve 2 days of FP+. If you want to reserve more days of FP+ prior to traveling, you need to buy your tickets prior to arriving so you can pre-book FP+. If you are staying onsite, I would buy those tickets before your 60 day FP+ reservation date. If staying offsite, buy them before your 30 day FP+ reservation date.

You can make FP whenever your MyDex account has valid tickets on it. Since the FP are tied to the account rather than any specific ticket, you won't have to do anything when you add your new tickets. Just make sure that if you're going to try to reassign the older tickets you don't do it before adding the new ones.

One note on using older tickets in general along with other tickets. (Been hinted at here but not said so directly.) The best value for a ticket with a stray day or two comes when it's used with a short trip, where the cost of saving an incremental day is the highest. The best value of all for a two-day ticket would be for a two-day trip, but no DISer wants to leave WDW after just two days.

FP+ are connected to your account, not to your tickets. You can make them now. There will be nothing to switch.

Sort of, but OP can't make 4 days of FP+ reservations with only 2 days worth of tickets in her MDE account. While there is nothing to "switch", they will only be able to make FP+ for 4 park days when they valid ticket media for four days in MDE.

You can make FP whenever your MyDex account has valid tickets on it. Since the FP are tied to the account rather than any specific ticket, you won't have to do anything when you add your new tickets. Just make sure that if you're going to try to reassign the older tickets you don't do it before adding the new ones.

You can't reassign or transfer used tickets. OP cannot assign the two unused non-expire dates to a new user in MDE. The only thing OP could do, other than just simply prioritizing the tickets when they get there, is to create new users/identities for the NEW tickets they purchase. Once a ticket is used, it is permanently assigned to the user.

I love the Disboards. It has the most educated Disney goer's !
I would not transfer the tix to another account just because....well that's just too much work - LOL!
Hubby and I have been sitting here discussing and we are gonna get 4 day passes. Right now the best deal I'm seeing is from UT 3 Day hopper plus a day is $360.
I feel confident with the info provided here that I can prioritize the tix when we arrive.
I'll look into how to do FP+ and such. We are traveling with another couple and because we just booked the trip spur of the moment we have no expectations and are happy to go with the flow.
Thanks for all the input!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter