Truth - How bad is All Star Music??

We stayed there for 4 nights in November of 03 and we really enjoyed it..loved the food court, the room was very clean...the only pain in the butt was the buses

Was there in January and it was not bad. Liked the the values better...found it too "deep". By that I mean, we were in the back and it was far to the bus. Even Pop, which is bigger, felt the bus was more central.

We stayed at ASMusic last Aug/Sept and we would not choose to stay there again.

However, some of what we didn't like about the resort would fall under "personal preferences" and not the normal "hotel concerns."

What we liked -

• Check-in was fast and efficient. (The kids and I had been at POR for a few days. We checked in to ASMusic on the first day of Free Dining. DH was flying in later that day... they allowed us to check him in and even activated his Dining Credits so he wouldn't have to wait to check-in when he arrived.)
  • Front desk staff was pleasant.
  • We had 2 rooms in the Broadway Buildings. The rooms were spotless. Everything looked brand new.
  • Requested and received connecting rooms.
  • We checked-in early, around 10AM, the rooms were ready and we were allowed to move right in.
  • Mousekeeping was excellent.
  • Mousekeepers left lots of towel animals.
  • Also, they had quite a sense of humor... we would return each night to find our stuff animals involved in different activities... TV turned on with puppy sitting on the bed with one foot on remote, puppy unrolled the TP, dragging out of the bathroom, etc!

What we didn't like -

• The pool activites. The DJ talking, the Macarena playing, the basketball contest, etc., all added to a less than relaxing atmosphere. The other pool was always busy and crowded with people trying to escape the activities at the main pool. (The kids did watch a movie one night and did enjoy it.)
  • Ants crawling all over the counter in and around the ice cream area. When I pointed this out, the girl said she would call maintenance. We waited a few minutes then complained again, and then she made a call but continued to serve ice cream.
  • Bus service. - During our stay, it seemed ASMusic was "shorted" when returning from the parks. Being located in the middle of the 3 All Star resorts, there were many nights that either, ASSports or ASMovies had their own bus, while ASMusic shared with one or the other All Stars.

FWIW - We have stayed Deluxe, Moderate and Value and have enjoyed all of our others visits. ASMusic isn't for us... mainly because of the scheduled children's activities at the main pool. (On this trip, four of our five children were with us, ages - 7, 10, 17 & 22)

Two years ago we stayed at the AllStarMusic Suites and we were really impressed. There was plenty of room, having two bathrooms were fantastic to get ready in the morning and evenings and the idea of the kitchenette for snacks and morning breakfast, great!!!!! The buses were not really too crowded and we mostly had a seat every day. My granddaughters loved the pool and all the activities that they had there. They even had movies at night!
The food court was a little confusing but not too bad. We liked it enough so that we are going again this August and are staying there! Cannot wait!!!!

Another vote for not "bad" at all.

Like a PP, we have stayed at all three major categories of resorts. We've stayed at all 4 values, all 4 moderates and 4 different deluxe resorts and the only resort we'll never return to is the Coronado Springs -- like another PP, this is just a personal preference as it just didn't feel like a "Disney" hotel, but instead felt like a convention center. For us, we've had better luck with the bus service at the values than at some of the Deluxe resorts (i.e. AKL).

The Values are great. We plan to stay there again this summer for 9 nights. For our family of 5, we need two rooms or a suite and the values are a great choice for this. Each kid can have their own bed if we get two rooms which is a plus for our boys. Two TV's and two bathrooms.

They've always had very clean and quiet rooms at the All-Stars. Regarding a PP and the pool, you can swim at any of the 9 All-Star pools. The Music pool is the loudest as they have activities there. We actually left the Fantasia pool at the Movies on our last trip to go to the Music pool so our boys could participate in the activities. If you prefer quieter pools, there are plenty of those. Even the Fantasia pool is more relaxed than the Music pool. The only thing I don't like about the pools is that they don't have a slide like the Moderates and Deluxes.

You also don't get a Fridge at the Values unless you stay in the family suite.

We've always received animal towels from Mousekeeping at the Values, but when we stayed at the AKL, we didn't get any even though we were paying more than 3 times the cost.

The values are fun and great for families. When we visit without kids, we prefer to stay at a Moderate or Deluxe. For a family of 5, the only Moderate that will fit us is the POR, but that's just too tight. We really love the Poly, but it still costs us over $100 per night extra vs two rooms at the All-Stars and we like long trips so that adds another $1,000 to the trip.

I am so glad to hear all of this! We will be staying at ASMu in MAy and it will be the first time we have stayed on the resort with our kids. We always use our Marriott timeshare and drive to all of the parks. I think staying on the resort will be so nice with our little ones.

We stayed at ASMu family suite in Sept and we loved it!! Its was great for us because our 3 kids, 1 3 and 9 had their own "beds"(pull out couches and chairs) to sleep in and we had our own room to get away to at the end of long days! We have stayed at AKL and OKW and we think that ASMu was a great place and we will stay there again in the future. Have a great trip,im sure youre gonna have a good time!:goodvibes

What we didn't like -

• The pool activites. The DJ talking, the Macarena playing, the basketball contest, etc., all added to a less than relaxing atmosphere. The other pool was always busy and crowded with people trying to escape the activities at the main pool. (The kids did watch a movie one night and did enjoy it.)

QUOTE]

Wow, the pool activities is one of the main reasons I loved ASMu! I thought they added to the whole fun and festive atmosphere of the resort.:goodvibes

I will say though if I during a trip to Disney I want a resort to retreat and relax at, I stay at POR. That resort is a great place for going back and unwinding at during your stay.

What we didn't like -

QUOTE]

Wow, the pool activities is one of the main reasons I loved ASMu! I thought they added to the whole fun and festive atmosphere of the resort.:goodvibes

I will say though if I during a trip to Disney I want a resort to retreat and relax at, I stay at POR. That resort is a great place for going back and unwinding at during your stay.

• Totally agree. We prefer POFQ as a couple for the atmosphere. But with kids, the activities were the primary reason we chose ASMu over a cabin at FW. I assume that I'm going to be busy 24/7 with kids at Disney, so having someone else entertain them for a little while is a godsend! :thumbsup2

Actually the OP's post didn't come off as 'snotty' at all.

Yours on the other hand was not only NOT helpful...but downright nasty.

:thumbsup2 Completly agree.

As much as some of us enjoy the Values, they ARE a step down from what the OP is used to. Smaller rooms, not as many amenities, limited service... that's why they're called "Value" resorts. It's perfectly understandable that someone who is used to staying at Deluxe hotels be a little worried before staying at a Value.

Now to answer the OP's question : not bad at all. The rooms have recently been redone, beds were very comfy. Yes the rooms are definitely smaller and there are are limited dining options on site, but it's a very nice hotel. The staff was very friendly when I was there.

Have fun and let us know how you liked it!

- Get me prepared - how bad is it- Size of rooms, cleaniness, service etc??

I'm not sure that you will be satisfied if you start with that attitude. I have stayed at POP twice and will be trying ASMu next time. I've heard lots of good things about it and look forward to staying there. ASMu is not a Deluxe but it is a DISNEY resort.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Does anyone know if the suites qualify for free dining?

A friend made a reservation on Friday for a suite and was told to "remember to call back Monday". I made one as well and told the CM that I had heard that free dining would be released to the GP on Monday and wondered if I could exchange FD for my AAA discount, and she told me, "yes no problem, just call back and they can change it for you."

So, I can't say for sure, but all signs point to YES!

Oh good! :goodvibes We have had a suite booked for months but my TA said she wasn't sure we could get it for FD :scared: but she would try. We came up with a backup plan in case we can't but I really don't want to use it! ;)

Our very first trip, me and my two children stayed at all star music. It is near and dear to my heart. We we just divorced and had only five days at WDW. They had never flown or been on a vacation before. We stayed at the Calypso, main floor two doors down from the food court. They were fascinated by swimming outside in March since we are from Canada. We were treated to many towel animals, and they loved it. Since then, we do go for ten days and they love to stay at CBR. But I never forget that first time at All Star Music. The buses were very good there, and we had a fabulous time.
have a wonderful time
donna

We loved All Star Music as well. My little girl loved the pool and the pool activities~ as a matter of fact it was one of her favorite parts of the trip!! We never had any problem with our room, housekeeping, or anything else. We felt that the food court was good for breakfast and a quick snack and actually got a counter service supper one night and enjoyed it greatly. I would not hesitate to recommend it!!:cutie:

I also think that Disney callind the value resorts 'value' gives them a worse connotation than they deserve.

I think that this is an excellent point. They don't call Old Navy "value Gap"

And its a little confusing for 1st timers trying to plan a holiday since they call the low season "value season" -- WDW could have spent a little more time on the branding here.

How about the "Vaca Resorts"? :goodvibes

I'm not sure that you will be satisfied if you start with that attitude.

EXACTLY! At least someone here understands my point of view.

And for everyone else who didn't like my comments - tough. It WAS RUDE. The OP could have definitely voiced her concerns in a NICE way. Like, "I've heard some different reports about the value resorts and their services, since I've never stayed in one can you guys tell me what you thought of the room size, and how the CMs acted, etc." That kind of question would've gotten a NICE response from me. But no - she basically said, 'eww I have to stay at a value, prepare me for how bad it's gonna be'. :snooty::snooty::snooty: Why would it be bad?!?! It's not a roach motel on the side of the highway it's DISNEY.:rolleyes2

That's why I said, "It's not for us," because so many people do enjoy the pool activities. We thought it was loud and chaotic.

Yes, POR is great for relaxing.

Totally agree. We prefer POFQ as a couple for the atmosphere. But with kids, the activities were the primary reason we chose ASMu over a cabin at FW. I assume that I'm going to be busy 24/7 with kids at Disney, so having someone else entertain them for a little while is a godsend! :thumbsup2

Here's the thing though... my kids didn't enjoy all the chaos. When we talk about our next trip, they all say they don't want to go back to ASMusic.

But, hey... it didn't ruin our trip! We tried it, didn't like it, so... now we know, we'll just choose somewhere else. (We love ASMovies, the Beach Club, POR.) And that's the great thing about Disney... there's something for everyone. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter