• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trouble buying GC online w/Target?

grainsmommy

Mouseketeer
So for fuel rewards I bought 1k in Target cards to use online to get the Disney GC. I ordered them and orders seemed to go through fine, but 2 days later they cancelled every order but one. When I called they said I'm only allowed to do 1 transaction per day, and put a hold on my Target GC monies. I threw a small fit about them holding my $$ and they released it. Then I made 1 order the following day, went through and said it shipped. Then another the next day and they cancelled it again. I called and they said we are no longer allowed to pay for GC with GC?? Anyone run into this or have any thoughts? I'm really irritated, as this $ came specifically from our Disney acct and if I can't buy Disney GC with them, the Target GC are kinda worthless :(

I'm also having an issue trying to order disney gcs online with a target gift card. Was hoping it was just a glitch tonight... But now I'm not so hopeful:confused:

There was a thread about this same problem a week or so ago. Some people had problems and others reported that it worked for them with no problem at all. I just placed an order and it was paid for entirely with the balance on a Target GC. It went through without a problem. I'll report back when I get an email that my order has either been shipped or canceled.

*************UPDATE*******************

I just got an email letting me know that my GCs have shipped. I guess it was just a fluke yesterday, because my order went through this morning with no problems.

*************UPDATE******************* I just got an email letting me know that my GCs have shipped. I guess it was just a fluke yesterday, because my order went through this morning with no problems.

Did you do one order of 3 GC? Or something else? Thanks for the update!!

Did you do one order of 3 GC? Or something else? Thanks for the update!!
It was just the Disney GCs. I have my REDCard as my default payment and then I have a Target GC on file with my account that I used to apply the payment. The Target GC had more than enough on it to pay for the Disney GCs.

It was just the Disney GCs. I have my REDCard as my default payment and then I have a Target GC on file with my account that I used to apply the payment. The Target GC had more than enough on it to pay for the Disney GCs.

This is the same thing I was doing, but they only let me order 3 in one transaction and my GC are only 100.00 each, so I have to use 2 per transaction. Hmmm. Wonder if I'm flagged now...I will try to order again this eve

This is me above too :)

I ordered one online on 10/6 and also received a shipment notice. Perhaps the issue is ordering more than one and like the OP mentioned and it flagged you somehow OP?

I haven't ordered more than one, per day in a long time as I usually just order the $50 when I earn enough Target gift cards to do so.

Heather

Last week I purchased Target gift cards at Kroger, but I had seen were people were having issues with orders being cancelled. What I did was purchase the Target gift card for $140.00 and put $2.50 on my red card. Today I purchased some cards off Raise and made sure I was a little short and put the balance on my red card. So far nothing has been cancelled, but the ones I ordered today have not shipped yet.

sorry new to this whole thing so sorry if this is a stupid question. I just read about this 2 days ago and want to give it a try. I signed up for my target redcard and got the approval email today. Do I have to buy the DGC online or can i just stop by my local target and buy them for the %5 off?

sorry new to this whole thing so sorry if this is a stupid question. I just read about this 2 days ago and want to give it a try. I signed up for my target redcard and got the approval email today. Do I have to buy the DGC online or can i just stop by my local target and buy them for the %5 off?

You can buy them in store. I was buying them online with Target GC because I could earn fuel points with them. The RedCard is no problem.

Once you bought the Target GCs, why not just purchase the Disney GCs in store?

I've never had any problems buying Disney gift cards with Target gift cards online and getting the 5% off. This is what I've done:

I have my Target Redcard as my default payment.
I make a purchase of three $50 Disney gift cards= $150 in Disney gift cards.
I do this on my computer.
I pay with only one Target gift card. (My target gift cards are combined in the Target app to create one.)
I make the above purchase about every other week, give or take a few days.

My last purchase was a few days ago and it was shipped. I hope this information can help somehow.

Regarding the questions/answers about buying the Disney gift cards in the Target store with Target gift cards: My local Targets (and there are MANY of them around me) will only give the 5% discount for the amount paid with the Target Redcard.

Any one know if the 5% discover cash back works on target gift cards ?

Get the 5% on discover then 5% through the red card when I buy Disney with them.

Not sure if it will work.

Because you don't get the 5% off in store, like you do on the website with your RedCard set as the default and using your target gift cards to buy the disney gift cards.

Because if you have a REDCard, you can order the Disney GCs online (only 3 at a time) for 5% off of the face value. You have to have your REDCard linked to your Target .com account, but you pay with the Target GCs.

Note: It's only worth doing this if you got the Target GCs at a discount (like through Raise .com or Giftcardgranny .com) or for free from a rewards program or if you have a cashback CC that will reward you for shopping at Target. If you cannot get the Target GCs for less than their face value, then you might as well just buy the Disney GCs at a Target store. You still get a 5% discount there when using your REDCard.

I have been buying one $50 GC at a time and haven't had any problems, so far.

I ordered 9/25,10/01,10/04 and 10/07 and so far they have all shipped and i used a target gift card to buy all of them.

And I just wanted to update again:
UPS tracking shows that my order is on its way but not due to arrive until Tuesday. They hand it over to the local post office for delivery, so who know when it will actually show up!

^^^what they said. Since they had 4x fuel rewards at my Kroger, the Target cards (after fuel discount cost me $860 for $1000 (I put my fuel savings right back into our Disney $) and then to buy the Disney cards online through Target it is $950 for $1000. So a total savings of $190 per $1000. Pretty sweet deal to me till they started canceling my orders :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter