Tropical threat?? Leaving in 9 days...

Being reported and I did glance at website - Disney appears to have pulled all availability to book next few days during storm.

We’re at the BC now and I can confirm they’ve suspended all new reservations. We were looking to add days on as we’re scheduled to leave Wed. The front desk said no worries, if we’re already here, we will be able to either stay in our current room or be moved to another one. Understandably, they are on hold waiting to see where Ian moves. She expected by tomorrow they’d be making those arrangements for current guests.

We’re at the BC now and I can confirm they’ve suspended all new reservations. We were looking to add days on as we’re scheduled to leave Wed. The front desk said no worries, if we’re already here, we will be able to either stay in our current room or be moved to another one. Understandably, they are on hold waiting to see where Ian moves. She expected by tomorrow they’d be making those arrangements for current guests.
I think they are likely smart in that many there may be stuck needing the rooms, they’ll need rooms for the Ft Wilderness guests and they’ll need rooms for CMs staying on property.

With their already reduced housekeeping staff they just aren’t in a position to take on new guests like they have in the past.

With their already reduced housekeeping staff they just aren’t in a position to take on new guests like they have in the past.
With Irma they discontinued housekeeping in anticipation. I wouldn't pin any of this talk on reduced housekeeping levels due to the pandemic. They made the decision to not have housekeeping for guests staying at the resorts back then under different management when the world was different, no reason to think that they couldn't employ this option if they chose to again. That's why I said it would be likely less of a shock given that their housekeeping services are not as stellar as they were back then. People are more used to reduced service these days and I would not think Disney is thinking they won't take new guests because of housekeeping when the more obvious choice is to discontinue temporarily housekeeping.

I've got some locals down there in Orlando, they seem fine presently but I do know they are wondering about the parks operational hours especially Wednesday.

Hi All,

I'm so incredibly disappointed to be pulling the plug on my gal pal Food and Wine trip. My college roomie and I were scheduled to fly in on Wednesday (9/28) evening. We had a "Behind the Scenes" tour at MK booked, a Wicked Wind Down booked, and were planning on having breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. All new things for us old Disney vets. *sigh*

Rest assured, I'll be glum today as I go about the business of cancelling all of our reservations. But, the bigger issue will be to keep everyone in the Caribbean, Cuba, and the Florida areas affected by Ian in my prayers. Stay safe, Disboard peeps! I will be thinking of all of you and praying that Ian looses steam and effects are minimal. 🙏❤️

Hi All,

I'm so incredibly disappointed to be pulling the plug on my gal pal Food and Wine trip. My college roomie and I were scheduled to fly in on Wednesday (9/28) evening. We had a "Behind the Scenes" tour at MK booked, a Wicked Wind Down booked, and were planning on having breakfast at Cinderella's Castle. All new things for us old Disney vets. *sigh*

Rest assured, I'll be glum today as I go about the business of cancelling all of our reservations. But, the bigger issue will be to keep everyone in the Caribbean, Cuba, and the Florida areas affected by Ian in my prayers. Stay safe, Disboard peeps! I will be thinking of all of you and praying that Ian looses steam and effects are minimal. 🙏❤️
I’m there with you. I pulled the plug on our quick trip yesterday and spent the morning sadly canceling all our plans. I figured Florida doesn’t need another body down there and maybe my room will go to someone evacuating or a CM. Good luck to everyone who has no other choice but to ride out the storm.

Well, we have the same pressure flush toilets that were installed at POFQ when they were first built. When you take the tank lid off, you see the pressure tank, and no water. Pouring water in the bowl does not flush the toilet. Fortunately my neighborhood has a community well with an emergency generator to power the pump, so we haven’t had issues with it. But if there was no water to fill the pressure tank, we would not be able to flush.

I haven’t looked inside the tanks at Disney for many years so I don’t know if they still use the same brand, but I haven’t had an issue with not having water at Disney, even during the occasional power outage.
I was thinking more of not having power. I'm assuming the power flush need some kind of energy????? Or am I just an idiot??? (please say no)

I was thinking more of not having power. I'm assuming the power flush need some kind of energy????? Or am I just an idiot??? (please say no)
What our pressure tank does is isolate the air in the water itself to prime the tank. We have no problem flushing when the power is out. Like I said, I haven’t looked in the tank of a Disney toilet for a few years, but if you look inside and see a totally self contained pressure tank, it should work like ours and flush fine when the power is off. Now, if for some reason there isn’t any water, then that’s a different story.

You aren’t an idiot. They are a very different system. We have been considering replacing one of ours with a standard gravity toilet, specifically because of hurricanes in case we wouldn’t have water.

With Irma they discontinued housekeeping in anticipation. I wouldn't pin any of this talk on reduced housekeeping levels due to the pandemic. They made the decision to not have housekeeping for guests staying at the resorts back then under different management when the world was different, no reason to think that they couldn't employ this option if they chose to again. That's why I said it would be likely less of a shock given that their housekeeping services are not as stellar as they were back then. People are more used to reduced service these days and I would not think Disney is thinking they won't take new guests because of housekeeping when the more obvious choice is to discontinue temporarily housekeeping.
My comment has nothing to do with Disney's current housekeeping policies.

My comment meant that given Disney's very small housekeeping staff the last thing they want to do is take in full families & their stuff for a couple nights only (without them spending any more money), then have thousands of rooms to clean in one day with their small staff. There is no money to made here and possibly losses. They are out of the "good neighbor" business when it comes to things like this, impacting operations.

My comment has nothing to do with Disney's current housekeeping policies.

My comment meant that given Disney's very small housekeeping staff the last thing they want to do is take in full families & their stuff for a couple nights only (without them spending any more money), then have thousands of rooms to clean in one day with their small staff. There is no money to made here and possibly losses. They are out of the "good neighbor" business when it comes to things like this, impacting operations.
I understood that, what I disagreed with is that they would halt new bookings online because of that. They halted new bookings with past hurricanes and instead made it more in person/phone call interaction and the discontinued housekeeping for several days and had limited services for a bit after that. I would find it hard to believe that the Disney company themselves would shut off bookings online during an anticipated hurricane for a tiny in the grand scheme of things detail such as housekeeping especially when they clearly do not care and haven't cared en masse about the level of housekeeping services thus far and they already have experience in the past of shutting off housekeeping services for several days.

Making it easier for guests on site to extend and for those going to Disney property to ride it out would be the much more (IMO) reasoning for having bookings be off the internet. The without them spending any more money is confusing because they will be paying for rooms, unless you have confirmation that no one, not even people there in Orlando and surrounding areas, or anyone who just shows up can get a room not due to occupancy issues but because Disney has said they won't make any new room bookings period I don't get your reasoning about money with respects to not allowing online booking and taking in families and their stuff. Has anyone heard that Disney is refusing people? Not that they are full but that they show up and Disney says they won't allow anyone to come stay at their hotels?

Ugh, this sucks as we were due to fly in on Friday afternoon and was somewhat hopeful but the updated forecast this morning shows Ian still in Florida on Friday. I decided to just make the decision and reschedule the flight to Saturday to be safe while there were still flights to MCO available. I figured I'd rather have a better chance of flying out on Saturday rather than keeping Friday, having that flight cancelled and then not having any available flights for another couple days.

I was planning on taking an Uber XL from MCO but just went ahead and booked Mears Connect to not deal with surge pricing and scarcity of drivers even though we would probably still have to wait.

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm still a bit anxious, but I'd rather be anywhere than at home or at work lol

Hope everyone who is there this week stays safe!!

I have a lot of ADR alerts for various places over the weekend and nothing is pinging anymore. They must not be accepting reservations at all when people cancel. Table service might be very lean when parks open again.

Latest update I just saw has it very nasty late Wed and all day Thursday for Orlando, and then gone by Friday. Maybe an early closure on Wed, parks closed on Thursday, and late opening on Friday to clean up is possible.

Ugh, this sucks as we were due to fly in on Friday afternoon and was somewhat hopeful but the updated forecast this morning shows Ian still in Florida on Friday. I decided to just make the decision and reschedule the flight to Saturday to be safe while there were still flights to MCO available. I figured I'd rather have a better chance of flying out on Saturday rather than keeping Friday, having that flight cancelled and then not having any available flights for another couple days.

I was planning on taking an Uber XL from MCO but just went ahead and booked Mears Connect to not deal with surge pricing and scarcity of drivers even though we would probably still have to wait.

I'm going to be honest and say that I'm still a bit anxious, but I'd rather be anywhere than at home or at work lol

Hope everyone who is there this week stays safe!!
I'm supposed to fly in Friday morning. Will end up cancelling the entire trip if the flight is cancelled because the fare difference to change to a later flight is almost double the original cost of my ticket :(

I'm supposed to fly in Friday morning. Will end up cancelling the entire trip if the flight is cancelled because the fare difference to change to a later flight is almost double the original cost of my ticket :(
I'm seeing several airlines are rescheduling people without needing to pay the difference! Check what your airline policy looks like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter