Tropical Storm/Hurricane predicted in 3-4 days

I know this is an odd question. But, since the storm is hitting over the weekend in S.Fla. I wonder if it will affect crowds at the park? Since the weekends are when most Florida residents come during the school year.

I'm keeping an eye on this storm too as we are suppose to arrive Friday evening.

ZIPBAGS said:
I know this is an odd question. But, since the storm is hitting over the weekend in S.Fla. I wonder if it will affect crowds at the park? Since the weekends are when most Florida residents come during the school year.

Don't know. But I do know there's two types of people here in FL: those who feel compelled to stay at their homes to look after them when these things hit, and those who take off for the hills. Personally, unless I'm in evacuation zone where I have a choice as to stay or not, I want to stay so I can keep an eye on things. And if people are running away, I doubt they are spending money at Disney. I think it will negatively affect the crowds...not as many FL residents will go to the parks, IMO.

ZIPBAGS said:

I'm just wondering whether or not they're going to close the parks.

I really don't think they'll close any parks--it's a Tropical Storm right now, not a Hurricane..and it is not supposed to come anywhere near Orlando.

I am concerned about my flight arriving in Orlando Friday morning near 11 am, because I am just not sure what criteria they use for canceling a flight. I'm lost.

But other than that I don't think the weather in Orlando will be anything to stress out about.

boomhauer said:
I'm just wondering whether or not they're going to close the parks.

I would doubt it. I think it only closed briefly when one of the Hurricanes (which was a hurricane, not a tropical storm) crossed directly over the park. Someone else might know better.

ZIPBAGS said:
I would doubt it. I think it only closed briefly when one of the Hurricanes (which was a hurricane, not a tropical storm) crossed directly over the park. Someone else might know better.

I was there for Frances, and the parks closed for 2 days.

boomhauer said:
I was there for Frances, and the parks closed for 2 days.

Frances was a monster though, and the eye went diagonally right through the middle of the state. This one isn't anywhere comparable.

I seriously doubt the parks will close, unless it take a severe northern turn right up the middle of the state and keeps it strength. Which none of the forecastes seem to think will happen.

I'm watching all these forecast models, and now, they're fine, as the storm would fall to the south of Orlando. I just can't wait until tomorrow, then Friday, just to make sure it hasn't changed paths.

boomhauer, just relax and drink a beer, man!

Bring your poncho, ride RNR 10 times in a row and have fun!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

PS. I love your name!

can'twait said:
boomhauer, just relax and drink a beer, man!

Bring your poncho, ride RNR 10 times in a row and have fun!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

PS. I love your name!

Rain doesn't bother me in the least bit. Some people can't stand it...I still have a blast. I just don't want a repeat of last year, sitting in a room with no food for 2 days. That was the pits.

Well, at least if you're already on the property and the park is closed, you'll have power and food. I remember my friends last year packing thousands of lunches for the ppl staying in the hotels and one of my friends that is a chef at disney had to stay at the hotel during the all of the hurricanes to make sure that everyone had food.

Most Disney CM's that are working during a hurricane volunteered to work those shifts. They are taken care of nicely while working during a hurricane. Disney also did a lot of nice things for CM's that worked then.

It's looking more and more like a South FL storm as time goes on. They just closed the Dade schools tomorrow and Broward tomorrow and Friday. We're supposed to be heading up tomorrow coincidentally-and we will be if it's drivable! (sorry for the mispells, he he)!! Time to go to our neighborhood grille for a Margharita!!

Three models have it swinging across south Florida and then banking sharply back along the west coast of Florida and then across north Florida. If that happens, Orlando is in for a lot of rain.

Feralpeg said:
Three models have it swinging across south Florida and then banking sharply back along the west coast of Florida and then across north Florida. If that happens, Orlando is in for a lot of rain.

That's fine - Won't close the parks due to rain. I can deal with a day or 2 of rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter