"Tron is the tip of the iceberg of what’s coming."

UGA03

Earning My Ears
Per D’Amaro in an interview with the Orlando Business Journal. Is this a ramp up to compete with the pending Epic Universe?

“We are just getting started,” the Disney Parks Chairman said. Article is behind a paywall but here it is.

Article

So how come they've announced so little?

I'm not denying that there could be godies in the pipeline, but Disney used to announce them well in advance. I have to wonder why they squandered their last D23 announcemen; it had very little content.

I wish that were true, but I see this as Disney's reacting to Harry Potter. Universal got Harry Potter and WDW got the expanded Fantasy Land. Not even close.
Universal got Diagon Alley and WDW got Avatar. Not even close. yea, Pandora has FoP, but after that, it's not close to a fair fight.

Oh please. How long have they been working on that water feature in Epcot? And nothing much has even entered the pipeline after Tron.

I'm wondering too why there has been nothing announced after Tiana's Bayou Adventure if there really is more to come. At this point there is WAY more to get excited for in the international parks than at WDW. And no, the hypothetical "blue sky" concepts don't count as announcements.

I don't think Disney is afraid of Epic Universe because they know people will come to WDW anyway.

Perhaps (and I know it's not likely as it's not Disney's SOP) they've learned their lesson about announcing thinks and then missing the mark (TRON), and are following Universal's pattern of building first then announcing. Honestly I think it's more likely that Josh is just blowing smoke, but who knows?

Anyway... if the "tip of the iceberg" took 5 years to build. The rest of the iceberg will probably be ready to go for the 100th of WDW.
I mean, the rest of the iceberg is under the water, obviously. You didn't expect to see it or anything right? Pay no attention to empty Dinoland.

Dude is very good at saying nothing at all, gotta give him that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter