Tron G-Force

Bri426

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I have an upcoming trip at the end of October, and had a question regarding the launch on Tron. I have a vision disease where there is potential for retinal detachment. My eye doctor has advised me to not ride "rides that have high g-force." I've been on Big Thunder, Mine Train, Guardians, Test Track, etc, but cannot ride Rock N Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest. I'm wondering how the launch on Tron compares to other rides. I don't want to put myself in a dangerous situation, but also don't want to hold myself back, either. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Agree with PPs, I would not ride.

I will add ......... we don't even think TRON is the best coaster in the park, still give that credit to Big Thunder. Poor TRON was dated before it was even built. It's a long wait for a short ride.

Thank you all for replying! I was already thinking of skipping out due to the intensity, but wanted others’ opinions. Really appreciate it!

I heard Guardians ride has a 2 g force so is that safe for you? Also, I think Big Thunder is so rough and could also be an issue with your condition.

Ride Guardians twice to make up for it. Guardians by far is a much better ride. With that I do not recall the g force on Tron to me it was a huge letdown. Much prefer guardians 4 times this year in 3 days (yes you can get a normal one and one for extra night hours) but I have grown to hate the Que. you are not missing out on anything great.

I heard Guardians ride has a 2 g force so is that safe for you? Also, I think Big Thunder is so rough and could also be an issue with your condition.
I’d put them both in the same bucket. Both have fast launches and send you upward quickly, the only difference is one does it backwards.

I’d put them both in the same bucket. Both have fast launches and send you upward quickly, the only difference is one does it backwards.
Which one is backwards? Are there any others rides at WDW that have g force? I can’t do those either

Even with me being a big Tron fan - I would pass on it with your condition

Hello,

I have an upcoming trip at the end of October, and had a question regarding the launch on Tron. I have a vision disease where there is potential for retinal detachment. My eye doctor has advised me to not ride "rides that have high g-force." I've been on Big Thunder, Mine Train, Guardians, Test Track, etc, but cannot ride Rock N Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror, Expedition Everest. I'm wondering how the launch on Tron compares to other rides. I don't want to put myself in a dangerous situation, but also don't want to hold myself back, either. Any help would be appreciated! :)
A recent blog said Guardians has 12 moments over 2G and 8 under 0.5G so wonder what is considered high g-force in a coaster by your doctor?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter