• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

Has anyone walked the queue and done a chicken exit yet? I want to see everything but I don't do rides like that.

13 year old me is having a fit! Hoping my 51 year old butt fits!

Attachments

• 20230304_185709.jpg
    20230304_185709.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 34

I rode at 9am today with a DVC friend and has issues getting into Epcot after. It thought we park hopped too early. But Guest Relations fixed it.

Doing Tron again right now for my AP slot. The line is very long. This morning we walked right on.

Has anyone walked the queue and done a chicken exit yet? I want to see everything but I don't do rides like that.
My friend did! Just tell the people at the front of the line you are a nonrider. It's definitely worth it, some cool line effects!

Rode at 11am with DVC previews and rode at 1pm for AP previews, so technically I got a re-ride. I would suggest if you are concerned about fitting to wear long pants that are skin tight (or close to it). Just had to give some extra force and it clicked right into place. Also, go at the half hour. The line will die down significantly due to the one ride limit, but it makes sense. To be honest, I think TRON will forever be on a virtual queue, there is no space in that queue for a normal standby line.

FYI—the 7-8 time frame was really packed. We went back at 7:40 to tap in and my friend thinks we are easily 45 minutes back (she is a CM and has ridden twice). It does look really cool at night, though!

Rode at 11am with DVC previews and rode at 1pm for AP previews, so technically I got a re-ride. I would suggest if you are concerned about fitting to wear long pants that are skin tight (or close to it). Just had to give some extra force and it clicked right into place. Also, go at the half hour. The line will die down significantly due to the one ride limit, but it makes sense. To be honest, I think TRON will forever be on a virtual queue, there is no space in that queue for a normal standby line.

But our time is a half hour - 6:30-7:30. Were the slots different on different days, maybe? Today was hourly only?

We go on Friday.

Waited an hour and 15 minutes tonight. Got in line for my 6:30-7:30 slot at 6:45. It’s a fun ride, but I’m glad I didn’t make a special trip to it like I did for other previews. Cast members loading were struggling. Almost all trains had empty seats despite plenty of people. But that is what previews are for.

Waited an hour and 15 minutes tonight. Got in line for my 6:30-7:30 slot at 6:45. It’s a fun ride, but I’m glad I didn’t make a special trip to it like I did for other previews. Cast members loading were struggling. Almost all trains had empty seats despite plenty of people. But that is what previews are for.
Empty seats are a result of people not fitting on the ride and going to the accessible seat. Nothing they can do about that.

Empty seats are a result of people not fitting on the ride and going to the accessible seat. Nothing they can do about that.
Not what I witnessed when I was in the line. I’m sure that that was happening, but I watched them try to figure out the threes matching up with ones and getting people in fast enough to their spots in the queue. It appeared they just weren’t efficient at that yet. No shade. That’s why Disney does these previews.

Not what I witnessed when I was in the line. I’m sure that that was happening, but I watched them try to figure out the threes matching up with ones and getting people in fast enough to their spots in the queue. It appeared they just weren’t efficient at that yet. No shade. That’s why Disney does these previews.
Agree. The sweet CM just really didn’t seem to get how to make it work. Many of the coasters were half full. Waited an hour tonight. I thought it was a blast but short.

Agreed. It was a slow loading process. A new way to enter the ride vehicles, sit and then pull back (not down) the safety restraints. Couple that with sizing limitations equals delayed loading.

Trains were dispatched with sometimes only 4 guests. I would suspect they have to keep on a schedule with so many trains dispatched per hour.

I don’t know about rider swap, but no DAS today.

I rode the accessible car, my husband and son the bikes. Dh’s legs have imprints from the restraints. Ds’s don’t.

For me it’s a once and done. My legs were shaking and my finger tips tingling when I got out off the attraction. Same thing happened years ago on Montu at Busch Gardens.

DS loved it. Would have enjoyed a second ride. Dh said one ride a day is enough, no same day repeats for him. He says the same about Guardians.
No DAS ? Dangit. If the wait is an hour this won’t be happening for me 😔

With an hour long wait I can see why they have the no re-ride rule in place.

Last edited:
They’ve been previewing it for a month, if they didn’t figure it out already I don’t think this one week is gonna help much 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter