• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

We got a bench between the cars and space Mountain. There was nobody here. At 1pm, a line of a gazillion people arrived. And we ended up way, way back in the line to scan in. So many people, they said have ID, email and pass ready. I don’t know if they looked at others. But they didn’t look at ours. Currently in a winding line where they are going to scan again.
Didn’t even get an email. The lady I talked to on the VIP passholder line said I would be fine if I went at my time.

Could somebody please post their experience with checking in to the ride today?
At the park entrance there was/is a separate entrance for DVC Tron ride guests. AP was directed to the regular tap points. MB's were scanned for park entrance. The Tron event entrance is between Space Mtn. and the Speedway. MB's are scanned again.

CM's are making announcements to ensure that only those in line are have a reservation AND there at the right time.

Sitting on a bench in the area and witnessed several interactions between guests and CM's. Guests are being turn away if they do not have a reservation.

You can. We have one for pirates at 1:45, but were told to come back at hopping time when we tried to tap in at 1:15
Weird. You mean for AP? I have a park reservation for both Epcot and MK.
Is that what you had (or some other 2 park combination?) and were turned away until 2?

Are they operating rider swap?
I don’t know about rider swap, but no DAS today.

I rode the accessible car, my husband and son the bikes. Dh’s legs have imprints from the restraints. Ds’s don’t.

For me it’s a once and done. My legs were shaking and my finger tips tingling when I got out off the attraction. Same thing happened years ago on Montu at Busch Gardens.

DS loved it. Would have enjoyed a second ride. Dh said one ride a day is enough, no same day repeats for him. He says the same about Guardians.

Weird. You mean for AP? I have a park reservation for both Epcot and MK.
Is that what you had (or some other 2 park combination?) and were turned away until 2?
Exactly. We had AK and then they added the MK pass. The CM at the entrance said that because we tapped into AK this morning, we needed to wait until park hopping time, regardless of the MK reservation. She knew we had a preview, so that didn’t matter. Not a huge deal, but definitely something to be aware of. Our time isn’t until tonight, and I’m sure she’d have let us in for that if it would have been a timing issue

You can. We have one for pirates at 1:45, but were told to come back at hopping time when we tried to tap in at 1:15
That stinks. For Remy (obvs pre-Genie), we hopped back and forth between HS and Epcot twice before 2pm. We still had to tap in, so the system would have known we had already been in a different park before the 2pm window.

Exactly. We had AK and then they added the MK pass. The CM at the entrance said that because we tapped into AK this morning, we needed to wait until park hopping time, regardless of the MK reservation. She knew we had a preview, so that didn’t matter. Not a huge deal, but definitely something to be aware of. Our time isn’t until tonight, and I’m sure she’d have let us in for that if it would have been a timing issue
Well, good to know! And good for these peeps to know that. 😀

So, there is a CRUSH of people that tried to go in right before 3pm. The CM says that at every hour that is what is happening. I asked if coming at the half hour might be a good plan and she said yes.

That really sucks that you can only ride once. With CM previews you could go as many times as you wanted during your time slot

So, there is a CRUSH of people that tried to go in right before 3pm. The CM says that at every hour that is what is happening. I asked if coming at the half hour might be a good plan and she said yes.
That’s good to know.

Word of warning. If you have a preview slot that requires being in magic kingdom prior to park hopping hours, even if you have a normal park pass and the park pass loaded by Disney for the preview you will have issues getting into the park.

We did the 1p preview today and went to Epcot first and when trying to get into MK with our additional park pass the tap stye turned blue and we had to go to guest services. Even though g+ let us grab a LL for 10:30a for space, the park system wouldn’t let us in with the valid park passes until guest services erased our Epcot check in.

This is not the way it was for the Remys preview as we were able to go to HS prior to our morning preview at EP.

Word of warning. If you have a preview slot that requires being in magic kingdom prior to park hopping hours, even if you have a normal park pass and the park pass loaded by Disney for the preview you will have issues getting into the park.

We did the 1p preview today and went to Epcot first and when trying to get into MK with our additional park pass the tap stye turned blue and we had to go to guest services. Even though g+ let us grab a LL for 10:30a for space, the park system wouldn’t let us in with the valid park passes until guest services erased our Epcot check in.

This is not the way it was for the Remys preview as we were able to go to HS prior to our morning preview at EP.

What is up with this preview? So many issues.

Disney could have allowed re-rides, but that would have reduced the numbers of AP slots offered, probably by more then half

They allowed it during Remy. And imo it was well organized from registration to preview

Also read somewhere else that there were plenty of empty seats today. If that’s the case, it seems like they could’ve allowed multiple rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter