• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

I also don't have any park pass reservations available and have not received a res. for my preview date of 3/9.
Nothing for me and I’m going on 3/4 for DVC and 3/8 for AP. But I kept screenshots etc so figure I’ll just show up. For the first time in 20 years, we lucked out with the week we picked almost a year ago (we fly down from Boston) in terms of catching a special event.

I have an AP preview on March 10… still haven’t received an email confirmation. Glad I took a screenshot of the order number.

I know it said we’d get an email 5-7 day from your preview with instructions etc… but did anyone receive just a confirmation email after booking their preview? TIA

I have an AP preview on March 10… still haven’t received an email confirmation. Glad I took a screenshot of the order number.

I know it said we’d get an email 5-7 day from your preview with instructions etc… but did anyone receive just a confirmation email after booking their preview? TIA
I haven't gotten any emails and my preview is on 3/4.

My date was 3/8 but I canceled my preview within an hour of booking it once I realized the flights were too expensive and yet today a park reservation showed up for me on 3/8. Guess I'll cancel that as well.

My date was 3/8 but I canceled my preview within an hour of booking it once I realized the flights were too expensive and yet today a park reservation showed up for me on 3/8. Guess I'll cancel that as well.
Just curious, how did you cancel? I never saw an option to cancel (not saying I want to)

Yeah, no email for confirmation and no email about instructions so far for our 3/4 preview. Oddly, park reservations for just part of our group showed up today and those are the ones with Florida annual passes. I am an out of state AP. I booked us all at the same time. Not sure if that has any thing to do with it? I too screenshotted it. I suspect they can’t get all the passes in at once—I will update when I see it . . .

Just curious, how did you cancel? I never saw an option to cancel (not saying I want to)
I wasn’t able to cancel my Epcot park res for GotG. We wanted to hop to HS after riding GotG and were having issues making Genie selections, so I tried to cancel the Epcot res so MDE wouldn’t be confused by the two res in the system and could never get it canceled. Maybe I just never figured it out - but GS couldn’t help me either. They eventually refunded my Genie for the day.

I called the passholder line and was on hold for 25 minutes. When I booked it I figured I could just cancel through MDE if the flights didn't work but then discovered there was no way to do it through the App so I had to call. I was hoping if I canceled right away the spot would open for someone else.

Yeah, no email for confirmation and no email about instructions so far for our 3/4 preview. Oddly, park reservations for just part of our group showed up today and those are the ones with Florida annual passes. I am an out of state AP. I booked us all at the same time. Not sure if that has any thing to do with it? I too screenshotted it. I suspect they can’t get all the passes in at once—I will update when I see it . . .
Update—called passholder line. They said everything looked good on their end, and it was just taking awhile for them to load up all the park reservations.

Thanks! I just checked MDE and they’ve added my MK park pass for March 10 - So that’s promising. I also have a Sorcerer Pass via DVC and am out of state.

Is it a problem if we have a park reservation at a different park for the day of the preview?
Only if you plan on using Genie+ or trying to join the 7am Virtual Que for Guardians at Epcot. The system will think you are starting at Magic Kingdom and won't let you book anything before 2:00pm. At least that's what happened last time during the Guardians preview and we had to visit the blue umbrella every time to book a Genie+ lightning lane which was a major hassle. I've emailed them asking if this glitch is fixed and no response so I'm not counting on it being fixed but perhaps if others called / emailed asking about it they would find a way to solve it.

Is it a problem if we have a park reservation at a different park for the day of the preview?
We have Epcot reservations for that day and the MK one for the preview was loaded overnight. Now shows both for that day. I'm not going to cancel the Epcot ones b/c I don't want anything happening to any of our reservations.

We have Epcot reservations for that day and the MK one for the preview was loaded overnight. Now shows both for that day. I'm not going to cancel the Epcot ones b/c I don't want anything happening to any of our reservations.
Same...the question is, will you be able to join the Guardians VQ at 7:00am (or make any morning Genie+ selections at Epcot) that day...or will the system not let you because it thinks you are starting at Magic Kingdom?

If anyone in this boat can report back how it went when preview begin that would be great.

Same...the question is, will you be able to join the Guardians VQ at 7:00am (or make any morning Genie+ selections at Epcot) that day...or will the system not let you because it thinks you are starting at Magic Kingdom?

If anyone in this boat can report back how it went when preview begin that would be great.
I'm assuming that it won't let you. I'm in this boat too but if we can join Guardians great if not it's okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter