• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tron AP preview thread

Ok I’m pretty sure I know the answer here but asking anyway.

Me and 3 of my friends are AP holders. I’ll book for all 4 of us, if let’s say only 2 of us go, can we take 2 others on the other passes?

Do you HAVE to have a DVC stay booked to be able to register for the DVC preview? We are members and will be there on the 5th and 6th but staying on a cash reservation at CSR.

Do you HAVE to have a DVC stay booked to be able to register for the DVC preview? We are members and will be there on the 5th and 6th but staying on a cash reservation at CSR.
I would think any Disney resort stay qualifies, that is the case for Moonlight Magic

It seems a bit unfair to me that dvc is before ap. Sure they spend more money on stays but in terms of loyalty and just being park fans passholders should get to ride first.

I'm not sure it's possible to objectively determine which Disney affinity group is the bigger fan / should ride first.

Earlier I was bummed that my family didn't get into the D23 preview (circumstances described above) but DH wisely reminded me that the ride will be open soon enough and we'll get to go on it later. All these previews are a nice bonus but nothing more.

It seems a bit unfair to me that dvc is before ap. Sure they spend more money on stays but in terms of loyalty and just being park fans passholders should get to ride first.
I mean, they don’t just spend more money. They spend almost 50k upfront and (I do) around 1000 dollars in dues a year. It makes sense that they have priority.

I mean, they don’t just spend more money. They spend almost 50k upfront and (I do) around 1000 dollars in dues a year. It makes sense that they have priority.
I wouldn't really view this as "priority" - it's only going to matter to a very small number of DVC members who happened to have reservations during the right 3 dates. Dates that nobody knew previously.

Does anyone know how previews work with blackout dates? Pixie and Pirates are blacked out for the middle week of March. I'd hate to go through all the hassle just to discover I can't go.

Does anyone know how previews work with blackout dates? Pixie and Pirates are blacked out for the middle week of March. I'd hate to go through all the hassle just to discover I can't go.
Blackout dates do apply with previews. You need a valid ticket (or in this case, pass type) for the day of your preview.

For the AP previews -- will we need a park reservation for the day if before 2pm? And how do they know if you have an AP? Will you have to login to your account first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter