Trip Report - May 2015

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
We are back from our most recent trip to Orlando (May 1st to 8th inclusive), and I have a trip report underway if anyone wants to join in:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/lo...ry-adventures-in-orlando-may-2015-tr.3409180/

Our vacation had a heavy emphasis on the Universal parks, but there was a great deal of offsite highlights as well:

- We stayed offsite again at Sheraton Vistana Resort.

- We ate quite a few meals offsite (Sweet Tomatoes, Hash House a Go Go -- both breakfast and dinner, The Knife, Millers Ale House, Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbecue, Red Robin, Carrabba's, IHOP, Earl of Sandwich, Twistee Treat, and Krispy Kreme will all be discussed and reviewed in the report).

- We rode the brand new Orlando Eye, and visited the just-opened Skeletons: Animals Unveiled in the IDrive360 complex.

- We visited Daytona Beach.

Feel free to follow the link and join in the chatter :) .

I'm coming over to check it out because I could use some inspiration not to be disappointed with Orlando but no Disney this year. The few things We picked are making me sad:sad:. Why I agreed to it, I have no idea.

Can't wait for your report, I have been watching for it. I am in the planning stages for a trip the end of September to San Antonio, Dallas and the a few days in my favorite place, Orlando!

Can't wait for your report, I have been watching for it. I am in the planning stages for a trip the end of September to San Antonio, Dallas and the a few days in my favorite place, Orlando!

Hey dennise! Come on over and join the party :teeth: .

What a trip you have in the works!! Sounds like a blast!

I'm looking forward to reading your trip report, after reading last years TR it gave me the final push to stay off property and eat at some restaurants outside of Disney. We had the best trip it was so much nicer having 2 bdrms vs a hotel room and no dining ressies to rush to not to mention the money we saved. This yr we are staying off property and going to Universal and who knows what else, I'm so excited about trying new things after seeing all the fun things there is to do in the Orlando area thanks to your TR. I'm looking forward to reading about what you did and where you ate so we can add more things to our list.

Linda

So glad you liked Sweet Tomatoes, we always make at least one trip there. I can hardly wait for your report on the Orlando Eye. It wasn't open when we were there. As usual your report and photos are wonderful. Never too many pictures. Congrats to Steve, he looks wonderful!

I'm looking forward to reading your trip report, after reading last years TR it gave me the final push to stay off property and eat at some restaurants outside of Disney. We had the best trip it was so much nicer having 2 bdrms vs a hotel room and no dining ressies to rush to not to mention the money we saved. This yr we are staying off property and going to Universal and who knows what else, I'm so excited about trying new things after seeing all the fun things there is to do in the Orlando area thanks to your TR. I'm looking forward to reading about what you did and where you ate so we can add more things to our list.

Linda

That is so awesome! I am so glad you enjoyed your first taste of offsite. I always smile when I read another "onsite is the only way to go, I won't even try offsite because I know I won't be happy" post. I dare say many folks would feel just like you if they were brave enough to step outside the box and see the "magic" that offsite has to offer.

Where are you staying for your Uni trip this year?

So glad you liked Sweet Tomatoes, we always make at least one trip there. I can hardly wait for your report on the Orlando Eye. It wasn't open when we were there. As usual your report and photos are wonderful. Never too many pictures. Congrats to Steve, he looks wonderful!

We loved the Eye!! Its about mid-way into our report (we were there Friday to Friday, and rode the Eye on Tuesday) so hopefully you won't have to wait too long to "read all about it" :) .

That is so awesome! I am so glad you enjoyed your first taste of offsite. I always smile when I read another "onsite is the only way to go, I won't even try offsite because I know I won't be happy" post. I dare say many folks would feel just like you if they were brave enough to step outside the box and see the "magic" that offsite has to offer.

Where are you staying for your Uni trip this year?

I haven't booked it yet but I think we are staying at Windsor Hills, it's not close to Uni but the price it right. Our DS21 is graduating from college this week and going on to a very expensive Graduate school, I'm trying to cut corners as much as possible and still have a great trip. I've learned so much from the Disboards, I bought 7 day tickets to Universal before Harry Potter opened up when I heard ticket prices would go up. We also had enough points to get free airline tickets on Southwest and we have pluses on our old Disney tickets so we will go to a water park as well maybe a beach day. We will have some meals in the condo, I will get some restaurant gift cards from points I have with mypoints from surveys and shopping. I'll be watching for your restaurant reviews to try some new places and look forward to learning about Universal through your eyes since it will be new to us. Sorry for going on so much.

Linda

We always staff off site. We will be headed down in August. We won't be doing any parks since this is a very budget trip. Can't wait to follow along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter