Trip report Aulani April 11-18 2016!

Iggipolka

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I'm so excited! I didn't think we'd be able to find a DVC Villa at Aulani a month out, but we did! Woohoo! Spontaneous trip planned yesterday due to Virgin America having a sale on flights from SFO to HNL for $199 each way. WOW! That was just too good to pass up and I NEED an Aulani escape. The last time we were there was 3 years ago when my youngest daughter was just 6 months old and my older one was 3. Now they are 3 and 6 and I can't wait to spend our days at the pool and beach and also, be able to take them to Aunti's so we can have some adult time!

Woohoo!

Can't believe our luck and just had to share. :)
Anyone else going the week of April 11th? Can't wait to see all the exciting changes since we were last there.

WOW-this is certainly a "meant to be" trip if you were able to book with a DVC villa on such short notice. I wonder if you lucked out on a cancellation or maybe, it is a little slower because it is right after Easter. Anyway, congrats and have a lovely time. I dont know if the resort had the little splash area called Keiki Cove (not the big water play structure) for kids when you went last time but when I saw it I thought to myself how much my kids would have loved it when they were little. I liked that it was close to restrooms, near Ulu Cafe and off to the side so little ones have a bit of an area all their own-very well thought out
https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/activities/keiki-cove-splash-zone/

Thank you so much! I didn't know about the pre registration for Aunty's, that's certainly new and welcome. I went ahead and took care of that, makes it even more fun and real!

So glad to help as I've been helped so much by others on these boards! Go and have a blast!

Also if you don't mind adding to my other post which days of the week and times your kids got each of the free activities, that would be great. I think some are only certain days/times and I was trying to compile that info if possible.

Also if you don't mind adding to my other post which days of the week and times your kids got each of the free activities, that would be great. I think some are only certain days/times and I was trying to compile that info if possible.

i looked through the daily iwa and posted in your other thread now.

Absolutely! Do they let you know by email?

they let you know by email. I just spoke with the beach house and posted on the other thread -- all kids activities are totally booked for the next two weeks.

When I did mine (it was about 90 days out), I got the email within an hour or so with the free activities they got. If you don't get an email, definitely call asap to see if you can get in.

It took 9/10 days before I heard back from the Aulani after doing my pre-registration. By the way, we will be there at the same time until the 14th. It is our first time!

Yay! So excited for you! You totally scored on airfare. Cannot wait to hear about your trip and the experience at Aunty's! =)

WOW-this is certainly a "meant to be" trip if you were able to book with a DVC villa on such short notice. I wonder if you lucked out on a cancellation or maybe, it is a little slower because it is right after Easter. Anyway, congrats and have a lovely time. I dont know if the resort had the little splash area called Keiki Cove (not the big water play structure) for kids when you went last time but when I saw it I thought to myself how much my kids would have loved it when they were little. I liked that it was close to restrooms, near Ulu Cafe and off to the side so little ones have a bit of an area all their own-very well thought out
https://resorts.disney.go.com/aulani-hawaii-resort/activities/keiki-cove-splash-zone/

The Splash Zone wasn't there three years ago, they were just building it. I'm so excited for my kids to get a chance to play in it. There seems to be a lot of new things since we were there! Thanks. :)

Got some more good news about our trip today. I was able to rent a Jeep for $250 for the week through a work discount program my employer has with Enterprise. My spouse is going to LOVE driving the jeep around.
My kids also got into three included experiences at Aunty's and I also booked them for Fish Are Friends. My older daughter did this before and loved it, but I did have to battle with her about that Humans can eat fish for a few months afterwards. *giggle*
My spouse is retired military, so we're planning on driving to the Navy Base from the airport to shop for groceries for the week before heading to the resort. That will certainly help with the expense of food at Aulani.
I'm debating about splurging for a massage or other spa treatment, but haven't decided yet if I want to be that scheduled. I just want to sit on the beach with an adult beverage and a good book. Heaven!

Wow Monika! Sounds like you've got a nice trip planned. Will look forward to seeing your pictures on FB.

Val & I will be at Aulani with some friends in early May. Doing a Cabana on at least one of the days. Also have character meals booked. Still need to look into spa stuff though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter