• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trip report addendum--MVMCP castle photo

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
Finally got a photo of the gorgeous icicle castle (didn't have it for my trip report). Of course the photo does not do it justice!

castle.jpg

Thanks so much for posting that Jean. I cannot wait to see it for myself next week! :goodvibes

That's beautiful! Thank you for posting it! I can't wait to see it in person!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Great photo! Thanks for sharing!:santa:
28 days and counting until we're at the World:banana:
Is the castle only lit for MVMCP, or do they light it every night?

Wow! That looks lovely. Thanks for sharing. It makes me want to check availability and go see for myself. :D

Thanks, Jean! We plan to see this on Sunday night! Just so you know, we are having 40 MPH wind gusts here today, and I feel like I have those icicles on my nose!

That is beautiful. Can't wait to see it in person! We'll be at MVMCP on the 6th of December!

Of course this is the year we decide to go to HHI, VBR, and DCL instead of WDW:headache: Hopefully this will be back next year.:confused3

When does the MVMCP begin? Is it right after Halloween and MNNSHP? So it runs all through November and December? Just wondering in case we plan a November trip some year.

Beautiful picture of the castle, by the way!

Wow that is beautiful! I hope they do that again next Christmas as we are not going until Christmas of 08.

I took this description from another site, and I guess that its going to around for many years for the holidays.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A dazzling new lighting spectacle is transforming the iconic Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace at holiday time.

Bathed in more than 200,000 tiny white lights, the castle glows and glistens as "Cinderella's Holiday Wish" delights Magic Kingdom guests nightly, starting Nov. 12.

"We are thrilled to be adding this brilliant new castle spectacle to the holiday festivities at Walt Disney World this season and for seasons to come," said Francois Leroux, vice president of Walt Disney World Entertainment. "This glistening holiday enchantment creates perfect fairytale magic for this festive time of year."

"For a park aglow in holiday magic, this becomes the new and eye-filling superstar," added Disney Entertainment show producer Rob Hamberg who supervised the weeks-long rigging of the turrets and towers for the light show. "Nothing will rival 'Cinderella's Holiday Wish' for sheer visual spectacle."

And what a spectacle.

As if suddenly dusted in a million ice crystals, Cinderella Castle shines like the galaxies, adding to the wintertime wonderment of the holidays at Florida's Vacation Kingdom.

Fun Facts

To transform Cinderella's fairytale castle into a magical ice palace it took...

Five weeks and 65 elves
Two cranes
15 miles of cables, cut and dyed castle colors, supporting...
32,000 square feet of fishing nets, supporting...
200,000 energy-efficient LEDs, interspersed with...
500 strobes
One Fairy Godmother working some very special magic...
"Show Before the Glow" Stars Disney Characters

To mirthful holiday music, Mickey, Minnie and the gang appear onstage, admiring the festive lights illuminating Main Street, U.S.A. But what to do about the darkened, unadorned castle?

As they bandy about ideas, the Fairy Godmother suddenly appears. It is Cinderella who should rightfully decide, she insists.

Enter the princess herself, with her Prince Charming. All agree with Cinderella that her castle should sparkle the way her beloved glass slippers do -- like shimmering ice and snow.

With a wave of Fairy Godmother's wand -- and guests joining in to make the wish come true -- Cinderella Castle magically morphs into a glorious wintry confection, twinkling in the sky. "The castle suddenly shines like a glistening blanket of ice," explained Disney show writer/director Alan Bruun. "Guests won't believe their eyes at the spectacle as Cinderella's holiday wish comes true."

Show times will be nightly at 5:45 p.m. Cinderella Castle aglow will also play a supporting role in other Magic Kingdom entertainment such as live stage shows, the nighttime fireworks extravaganza "Holiday Wishes," and the after-hours Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, a specially-ticketed event featuring the new "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade."

Like a global necklace, dazzling castle lighting spectacles also adorn Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Resort. Disneyland Paris, now marking its 15th anniversary, started the castle lighting tradition in 2005 when Leroux conceived the concept.

I took this description from another site, and I guess that its going to around for many years for the holidays.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- A dazzling new lighting spectacle is transforming the iconic Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World Resort into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace at holiday time.

Bathed in more than 200,000 tiny white lights, the castle glows and glistens as "Cinderella's Holiday Wish" delights Magic Kingdom guests nightly, starting Nov. 12.

"We are thrilled to be adding this brilliant new castle spectacle to the holiday festivities at Walt Disney World this season and for seasons to come," said Francois Leroux, vice president of Walt Disney World Entertainment. "This glistening holiday enchantment creates perfect fairytale magic for this festive time of year."

"For a park aglow in holiday magic, this becomes the new and eye-filling superstar," added Disney Entertainment show producer Rob Hamberg who supervised the weeks-long rigging of the turrets and towers for the light show. "Nothing will rival 'Cinderella's Holiday Wish' for sheer visual spectacle."

And what a spectacle.

As if suddenly dusted in a million ice crystals, Cinderella Castle shines like the galaxies, adding to the wintertime wonderment of the holidays at Florida's Vacation Kingdom.

Fun Facts

To transform Cinderella's fairytale castle into a magical ice palace it took...

Five weeks and 65 elves
Two cranes
15 miles of cables, cut and dyed castle colors, supporting...
32,000 square feet of fishing nets, supporting...
200,000 energy-efficient LEDs, interspersed with...
500 strobes
One Fairy Godmother working some very special magic...
"Show Before the Glow" Stars Disney Characters

To mirthful holiday music, Mickey, Minnie and the gang appear onstage, admiring the festive lights illuminating Main Street, U.S.A. But what to do about the darkened, unadorned castle?

As they bandy about ideas, the Fairy Godmother suddenly appears. It is Cinderella who should rightfully decide, she insists.

Enter the princess herself, with her Prince Charming. All agree with Cinderella that her castle should sparkle the way her beloved glass slippers do -- like shimmering ice and snow.

With a wave of Fairy Godmother's wand -- and guests joining in to make the wish come true -- Cinderella Castle magically morphs into a glorious wintry confection, twinkling in the sky. "The castle suddenly shines like a glistening blanket of ice," explained Disney show writer/director Alan Bruun. "Guests won't believe their eyes at the spectacle as Cinderella's holiday wish comes true."

Show times will be nightly at 5:45 p.m. Cinderella Castle aglow will also play a supporting role in other Magic Kingdom entertainment such as live stage shows, the nighttime fireworks extravaganza "Holiday Wishes," and the after-hours Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, a specially-ticketed event featuring the new "Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime Parade."

Like a global necklace, dazzling castle lighting spectacles also adorn Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Resort. Disneyland Paris, now marking its 15th anniversary, started the castle lighting tradition in 2005 when Leroux conceived the concept.

Thanks for posting this info!!!! I printed it off and I'm starting a folder for our trip for Christmas '08, this will be the first thing that goes in it!

Todd thanks for the link. What a beautiful site as they light the castle!

I'm really getting excited for next Christmas, too bad I have over 13 months to wait.

WOW what a picture of the castle!! We were at MK last week and one day it was not decorated and the next it was. WHile the lights were not on we could only imagine what it would look like. One of these years we are going to have to book at Christmas time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter