Trip Report 1/4-1/8!

remyvisitsDLR

Earning My Ears
Before I begin, I’m new to the boards but enjoy hearing everything you all have to say, so I wanted to get in on the magic too! I visited DLR 5 times throughout the year (we live about 3 1/2 hours away so we try to go as often as we can!) for various lengths, and just got back from our latest trip!

1/4
Drove down the day before all the rain, arriving at PPH and checking in early to our room to admire the gorgeous view of DCA. Took it easy for the night; watching tv and playing chess the room provided. Just soaking it all in really! (And I have to say, for the past few years, we’ve been staying on Harbor and even Katella, but I have started to really enjoy staying onsite, especially after our stay at the GCH a while back!) Anyways, we took it easy and went to bed somewhat early to prepare for our first park day the next day.

1/5
We awoke at 7, thanks to the alarm that my younger cousins are. We took our time and doordashed breakfast, then got ready and headed out at around 830. We walked through DTD and made it to the main gate at around 900. Walking through main street in the rain, we made it to royal hall, much to the excitement of my second youngest cousin along on the trip, who might I add is a big fanboy of Ariel, Anna, Elsa, and Moana (those being his most favorite of all the princesses). On this morning, we saw Snow White, Cinderella, and lastly, Ariel. He nearly jumped out of his skin, when along with his older brother, the interacted with her and took a picture with their parents. IIRC we rode Snow White and then Pinocchio, before giving up and heading back to the room at around 11. The rain was just too much for us all. After a midday nap, we awoke at around 500 and lounged for a bit, and then got ready to head out at 600 for our 620 goofys kitchen reservations. Once seated, we all got to try various items, and most of us enjoyed them, and we all collectively enjoyed watching the younger kiddos interact with some of their favorite characters. Overall I would say it’s worth the price if your kids love the characters, as it was for us, but I don’t think it’s worth it for the food. Getting to kind of get that personal time (albeit very very short) with the characters. We headed back to the room and began winding down, and watched World of Color from the room while some members of our family played chess yet again.

1/6
We awoke at around 7 again, and our morning routine was mostly the same, and we headed out at around 815 to Disneyland, with the hopes to get on some attractions with the clearer weather. We scanned in and walked down main street as we purchased genie plus and booked big thunder for later that afternoon. We decided to meet the princesses again, and it was the same princesses in a different order, but we were able to meet Jasmine shortly after outside that area, and took a nice picture! We then headed back to fantasyland and rode a few rides there, then headed to big thunder for our LL where we then booked another for HMH, which we were able to get a close return time for, which we did after, before we ate lunch at refreshment corner and then headed to dca to meet more of our party that had arrived a bit late due to the rain. We watched the disney jr show, had a treat from schmoozies as we caught the end of a small show going through hollywood land as some members of our party booked a LL for incredicoaster, and then headed to “the ariel ride” at the request of my second youngest cousin. Afterwards, we headed to incredicoaster for our LL and joined the walk up waitlist for wine country (which had a wait time of 55 min but we were called back in 10, while we had just scanned in). We rode and rushed over, and even though we were late they still accommodated us, allowing us to enjoy a delicious early dinner (the chicken parm and spaghetti are delicious!) Afterwards, we headed back to grab sweaters and enjoyed the gorgeous sunset! We head back to ride RSR (which was about a 25 minute wait with ILL excluding the outside queue, which stretched to the four way road, but this was about the longest we waited for a ride, thanks to somewhat low crowds and G+) After we hopped to DL and got caught in the traffic on main st. due to the parade, and then rode matterhorn with about a 20 min wait, and then met up with some of our party that were waiting at small world, and we caught the tail end of the projections on it! Then headed to space using our LL and then made our way back to DCA for our guardians LL. We then headed over to bing bongs for some treats and then rode goofy to close out the night, taking the route back to the hotel and watched WoC with delicious treats in tow! We went to bed shortly after to prepare for EE

1/7
We awoke at around 7 and quickly got ready and ran down to the entrance. Got in and went straight to Guardians, and then to rope drop RSR. Bought G+ and then headed over to ride incredicoaster and then rode “the ariel ride” again, and then relaxed and enjoyed a quick breakfast break before heading to soarin for our first LL, and then after scanning in I booked monsters which we headed over to after and then did the animation academy. We then headed over to DL with a G+ for HMH and ate at pizza planet while I then booked BTM again. Met up with two members from our party in the gift shop in astro blasters, and headed to HMH, while the members we met up with went to watch the tail end of the parade. We then waited for the train at NOS with some delicious beignets, and got off at the next station to watch tale of the lion king (first time watching it, amazing show!) We then went back to BTM while I booked a LL for guardians later that night. Met up with some of our party yet again, and then ride BTM with them. They went to smugglers run as we took a bathroom break and then headed to DCA again. We mobile ordered dinner at pacific wharf and picked it up, the quesebirria tacos were delish! First time trying them after always really skipping eating spots at pacific wharf, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to go back! We then headed to the wheel of death and chose the swinging option (yes, we’re crazy!) and then headed to our LL for guardians since I was able to modify it to about 1 1/2 earlier since some of our party was tired and wanted to head back. We rode it and then split off, while some of us (including myself) went to the super store (my favorite store!) and then went to knicks knacks and walked around the whole pier to avoid the cluster that was near the viewing area for WoC. We made it back to the room to watch WoC again and even see the fireworks! Finished some treats and then headed to bed

1/8
Woke up at around 9 and checked out at around 930, and we were off! We were already discussing our next plans after we return from our one at the end of Jan for the 100th, might do princess nite!

Overall, this trip was really enjoyable. It’s been a while since we went to disneyland during wintertime, last time was 2019, since we’re always just really busy around that time of year and other things just come up. But after experiencing WDW decorated for winter last year, we knew we had to take a visit to DLR for it!

This trip was very fun, after experiencing the humidness on 3 trips for the halloween season, the weather was really nice and crowds were pretty low on saturday! Longest wait I saw was 80 mins for RSR, naturally. Cast members were freindly, shout-out to the guy waving at guests in the morning at PPH entrance/exit! I myself always try to be kind to cast members, even if it’s just something small. WoC one was definitely being tested though, and we were able to hear it at 11 at night, which did kind of hinder our sleep due to the loudness of it, which was the only complaint I really have about the hotel tiger it’s state, but other than that we enjoyed our stay. Very excited for the 100th!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter