Trip Plan..Need feedback!!

Robinbare

Trying to learn all I can before our Nov. 28th tri
This was kinda what Ive been thinking about for our first wdw trip. Kepp in mind Im new to all of this....so any advice is welcomed. We are planning to stay 4 nights. So I thought I would skip the TA. I would book FW myself and we would try to hit 3 of the parks. I thought we would buy day passes. My question is Do you think we will be satisfied just trying to see 3 parks or should we buy hopper passes and try to at least see some of everything???? A TA quoted me for 4 nights and 4 day hopper passes.....1200.00. What do you all think???? TA or on my own???

Robin

Robin,

To compare I would need a little more information. When you plan on going will determine what season you are in, i.e. low to high prices for the site.

How many in your family? If you are just buying one adult hopper the price is high. If you have two adults and six kids you are getting a deal.:teeth:

Let us know

Thanks,
We have 2 adults and 2 children. We were planning to go mid January.

Thanks

OK, here are some prices

Single Day Theme Park Tickets
(Ages 10 and Over) $52.00
(Ages 3-9) $42.00
These can be purchased the day of use.

Park Hopper® 4-Day Ticket
(Ages 10 and Over) Gate price $208.00 Pre Pay $192.00
(Ages 3-9) Gate Price $167.00 Pre Pay $152.00

OK, all of January is "Value Season", so the sites cost is:
Partial Hook-Up Site $ 36
Full Hook-Up Site $ 41
Preferred Site $ 49

I will assume both kids are under 9, so remember that it may be a little higher if they are older.

Prices using Park Hopper® 4-Day Ticket
Tickets pre-purchased via the Disney web site would be $733.00 (tax inc)
Preferred site for four nights $295 (tax inc)
Total $946 for park hopper

Single Day Theme Park Tickets
Tickers (8 Adult, 8 Children) 805 (tax Inc*)
Preferred site for four nights $295 (tax inc)
Total $1,100 for single day tickets.

Now, some thoughts:

I am not a big fan of preferred sites. I like the Full hook up sites. Using that would save you about $40 for the 4 nights.

Park hopper tickets will save you a little money and allow you to move between parks for the entire four days, but on a five day/four night schedule you may not want to go to the parks one day. If this happens you would be better off with individual day tickets so you don't pay for a day.

I hope this helps

* I had to estimate the tax on the single use tickets, so it might be a little higher

Tim 5055,

Actually 4 nights at a preferred site would be $218.54
49. x 4 = 196
11.5% tax on 196 = 22.54

Carol

What is the difference between a prefered site and a full hookup sit???

Thanks for all the info,

A preferred site is closer to the main eating area/marina and has cable hookup.

Regular full hook up sites are in the middle of the campground and do not have cable.

Carol

Can you also tell me how exspensive it is to dine with the characters??? My kids are 6 and 9

Originally posted by clkelley
Tim 5055,

Actually 4 nights at a preferred site would be $218.54
49. x 4 = 196
11.5% tax on 196 = 22.54

Carol

I used the WDW reservation system to come up with the prices so I guess there are additional taxes like the Orange County Bed Tax etc.........

The website is probably quoting insurance cause if you call CRO directly, your rate is room rate + 11.5% tax or 12.5% tax for All-Stars and Coronado Springs (Osceola County)

Carol

For example, my partial hookup site in December for 7 nights at $35 per night is $245.00 + $28.18 = $273.18

Originally posted by clkelley
The website is probably quoting insurance cause if you call CRO directly, your rate is room rate + 11.5% tax or 12.5% tax for All-Stars and Coronado Springs (Osceola County)

Carol

For example, my partial hookup site in December for 7 nights at $35 per night is $245.00 + $28.18 = $273.18

Interesting...

I'd hate to think they would charge insurance like that:(

Here is the list of character meals and prices found on
http://www.wdwig.com/cb.htm

Magic Kingdom

Crystal Palace - Head down Main Street, USA and make a left at Casey's Corner! This restaurant serves three meals per day with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet. Meals are served buffet-style with a separate buffet for kids called "Pooh Corner". Breakfast items include eggs, pancakes, breakfast meats, breads, fruit and more. Lunch offers a variety of hot and cold entrees and sides along with a dessert bar. At dinner carved meats and peel-and-eat shrimp are added. Breakfast A-$15.99/C-$8.99; Lunch A-$17.99/C-$9.29; Dinner A-$21.99/C-$9.99 (children ages 3-11) Priority seating is recommended

Cinderella's Royal Table - (Formerly King Stefan's) Located on the second floor of Cinderella Castle this restaurant serves the Once Upon A Breakfast character breakfast every morning. Characters vary, but almost always include Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother and may include Belle, Jasmine and Snow White. This meal is pre-plated and includes eggs, potatoes, meats, French toast, fresh fruit and breads. Breakfast $19.99-A/$9.99-C. Priority seating is a must. This is the hardest Character Meal to get a Priority Seating time for! If you want to see Cinderella and can't get in here, try her Royal Gala Dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian.

Liberty Tree Tavern - This Liberty Square restaurant features a family-style dinner with several characters (Donald Duck, Daisy, Meeko, Minnie, and Pluto). Dinner includes ham, turkey, flank steak, vegetables, salads and more. Children also receive a serving of macaroni and cheese. Dinner $21.99 A/$9.99 C. Priority seating is recommended. While the Tavern also serves Lunch, you will not find characters at that time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Epcot
The Garden Grill - Located in the Land Pavilion in the Future World section of Epcot this restaurant features lunch and dinner with Mickey, Chip and Dale, all attired "farmer-style". Meals are served family style. Lunch and dinner offer rotisserie chicken, fish, steak, potatoes, vegetables, salad and dessert. Kids food available too. Lunch $19.99-A/$9.99-C; Dinner $21.99-A/$9.99-C. Priority seating is recommended.

The Garden Grill also hosts an Ice Cream Social afternoons at 3, 3:10, and 3:20 p.m. The cost is $6.99 plus tax and gratuity per person (same charge for children or adults). Mickey comes around and joins in the fun! This is a great way to see Mickey and usually is not crowded.

Princess Storybook Breakfast - The family style character breakfast is served at Restaurant Akershus in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot and features Disney Princesses and Friends. Hours are: 8:30am to 10:30am Prices $19.99 for adults and $9.99 for children (ages 3-11). Most likely characters :Belle, Jasmine, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mary Poppins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disney-MGM Studios
There are no longer any character meals at the Disney-MGM Studios

Disney's Animal Kingdom
Donald's Breakfastosaurus - The Animal Kingdom features a character breakfast, called Donald's Breakfastosaurus located at the Restaurantosaurus in Dinoland USA. Characters include Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Pluto. All you can eat buffet from 8:10am - 10:00am; cost is $16.99-A and $8.99-C.

RESORTS
Cape May Cafe - Beach Club - A Beach Blast breakfast is served here every morning. Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale are on hand and the meal is served buffet-style. Offerings include eggs, pancakes, meats, breads, fresh fruit and more. A great buffet! Breakfast $16.99-A/$8.99-C. DEB'S PERSONAL FAVORITE
Chef Mickey's - Contemporary Resort - Relocated during 1996 to the Contemporary, Chef Mickey's now serves breakfast and dinner with Chef Mickey, Chip, Dale and Chef Goofy. The breakfast buffet offers the usual items - eggs, breads, meats, fresh fruit, etc. At dinner there is a salad bar, peel and eat shrimp, soups, hot entrees, breads, carved meats, vegetables, desserts and an ice cream bar with a great variety of toppings. All characters visit guests tables except Goofy who seems to holds court in the waiting area. Breakfast $16.99-A and $8.99-C. Dinner $23.99-A/$10.99-C. Priority seating is recommended.

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian

Breakfast with a variety of characters that seem to change quite a bit lately. Currently there are Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Eeyore. Breakfast items include omelet bar, pancakes, fruit, breads, meats, etc. Cost is $16.99-A and $9.99-C.

Dinner - Cinderella's Gala Feast began January 5, 2003. Regulars include Cinderella and Prince Charming, Suzy and Perla, and the Fairy Godmother (some characters may only be in the lobby for photos). Price for adults is $23.99 and for children ages 3-11 $10.99 (which includes dessert and a non-alcoholic beverage.

'Ohana Character Breakfast - every morning in the Polynesian. Characters include Mickey, Chip and Dale. The meal is served family-style and features eggs, waffles, meats, breads, fruit and more. Breakfast $16.99-A/$8.99-C. Priority Seating is recommended.

Coral Cafe Character Breakfast Sunday Only - WDW Dolphin Buffet or a la carte; Goofy, Pluto, Chip, and Dale. $16.95-A/$10.95-C

Garden Grove Cafe Breakfast on Saturday! - in the WDW Swan; features Goofy and Pluto. Usually not crowded and a good choice for a last minute decision to dine with the characters. Both a la carte and buffet are available. $16.95-A; $8.50-C.

Gulliver's Grill Dinner in the Swan Hotel opens at 6:00 pm nightly and has the following character entertainment: Monday and Friday - Timon and Rafiki; All other nights Goofy and Pluto.

Hope this helps!

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter