Trip cancelled

pigletforever

DIS Veteran
Well our Thanksgiving trip is off. Last night my DH was rushed to the hospital and it was discovered he had a perferated colon. He is in ICU now and will be in the hospital at least a week. He will have to have another surgery in a couple months. There went our $$ for the trip because he will have to go on short term disability at work. But at least they caught it and were able to treat him. So Disney will wiat until Spring break.

I'm so sorry you had to cancel your trip, but thankfully you caught this early and your husband can get the treatment he needs. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

Well our Thanksgiving trip is off. Last night my DH was rushed to the hospital and it was discovered he had a perferated colon. He is in ICU now and will be in the hospital at least a week. He will have to have another surgery in a couple months. There went our $$ for the trip because he will have to go on short term disability at work. But at least they caught it and were able to treat him. So Disney will wiat until Spring break.

I hope that your husband recovers quickly. You will all go to Disneyland in the Spring and you will all have a safe, enjoyable and HEALTHY trip. Hopefully, short-term disability usually pays about 80% or your full salary depending on plan. Take care.:flower3:

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. May God be with him in his recovery. And with you to hold your hand.:hug:

I'm wishing your DH a speedy recovery, and hoping for a great trip in the spring for all of you!

its sad to hear about your trip being cancelled, but as long as your DH is ok, thats all that really matters:) disneyland will always be there;) ill be praying for him to have a safe and speedy recovery:goodvibes :goodvibes

Wow... you are so blessed that this was caught early enough to get the treatment and care that he needed. :hug: Don't feel too bad about your trip. There was obviously a reason that you should not be going on this one. Maybe the one in the spring will be more fabulous than this one would have.

Sending lots of love and hugs to you :hug: :hug: :hug: and prayers for a speedy recovery for your DH. :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: .

Sorry to hear about your husband. Your trip in the spring will be all that more meaningful to you and your family. Take care :hug:

Oh no, that sounds like it was really scary! I hope he is able to recover quickly. :hug:

So sorry about you husband and having to cancel your trip. We will keep you both in our prayers.

Awwww, I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, my DH wound up in the hospital with chest pains two days before our first trip to DL.

As someone else said, how very lucky that this was caught before your trip. :hug:

And try not to think of the trip as canceled, but merely postponed. We were able to reschedule our trip (from April '06) to September '06, and had an absolutely wonderful time. You will, too, once everyone is well enough to travel again. :hug:

Best wishes to your DH!! I hope he's all better and able to come home soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter