• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Traveling from Sapphire Falls to Disney's Polynesian in morning rush hour

alopez926

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we are driving from Sapphire Falls to the MK Transportation Center and then walking or mono-railing to the Polynesian for breakfast. If we leave Sapphire Falls at 6:30AM, will that be enough time to make a 7:35AM reservation in Monday morning rush hour? Thank you!

There wouldn't be significant traffic at that hour. The major mapping websites will give you an estimate based on historical traffic data if you enter a date and time. Using Bing, I'm getting 24 minutes for travel time for a randomly selected Monday in February:

saphire-ttc-time.jpg

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2ntzErO

For the map, I selected a random spot inside the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Keep in mind, if you're making the trip soon, there is a ton of road work being done on the Magic Kingdom toll plaza area. I don't think it would impact you more than a couple of minutes, however.

Growing up, I had a mentor that taught me that being on time meant arriving a few minutes early for any appointment. If I were in your shoes, I would feel very comfortable leaving the Universal area at 6:30am for your dining time.

What are your plans for the rest of the day? You can park at the Polynesian during your reservation, but not all day. It's only an extra $5 + tip to valet park there compared to parking at the TTC, which means you could leave your car there all day and head to the MK and not have to deal with the TTC at all.

Wow, thank you so much! I had no idea you could get directions and a time estimate for a drive based on historical traffic data. You taught me something new today! This is extremely helpful!

There wouldn't be significant traffic at that hour. The major mapping websites will give you an estimate based on historical traffic data if you enter a date and time. Using Bing, I'm getting 24 minutes for travel time for a randomly selected Monday in February:

saphire-ttc-time.jpg
wo

For the map, I selected a random spot inside the Magic Kingdom parking lot. Keep in mind, if you're making the trip soon, there is a ton of road work being done on the Magic Kingdom toll plaza area. I don't think it would impact you more than a couple of minutes, however.

Growing up, I had a mentor that taught me that being on time meant arriving a few minutes early for any appointment. If I were in your shoes, I would feel very comfortable leaving the Universal area at 6:30am for your dining time.

saphire-ttc-time.jpg

What are your plans for the rest of the day? You can park at the Polynesian during your reservation, but not all day. It's only an extra $5 + tip to valet park there compared to parking at the TTC, which means you could leave your car there all day and head to the MK and not have to deal with the TTC at all.

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely consider that option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter