• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel plans for 2022?

4 nights on 30A starting tomorrow

4 nights at Disney next week

7 nights in key west in May - cancelled harbour island, Bahamas due to all the testing required to visit there.

7 nights in watercolor in june

8 night cruise on the fantasy in October.

Really trying to fit another cruise in on the fantasy in April.
Wow, you must get a lot of vacation time.

We just got back from two and half weeks in Florida and our next trip is to Hilton Head for 10 days the first week of May. After that, we will be camping some weekends and doing a 10 day camping trip in August to our favorite place in Maine. After that, we will see.

Right now I've got a trip out to Oregon to do a little sightseeing/attend a conference. Then I'm hoping to book trip to NYC and maybe a trip to Boston. Also it looks like Comic Con may happen in person this year so I'll head to San Diego for that.

However I had been planning (in 2019) to go to Wales in 2021 (which obviously didn't happen) so I'd like to rebook that, this year if possible.

I also ended up cancelling/postponing a trip to Hawaii and Canada during 2020. Hawaii is probably going to get scrapped (it was actually a trip for my parents and I think they are over it) but I will probably do the Canada trip eventually.

I may do another Disney trip but honestly I have no desire to go to Florida, so maybe Disneyland, but I am more interested in some other trips at the moment.

One down....10 nights at WDW in January
April.....5 nights at DLR
May 4 nights Grand Canyon
June 8 nights.....Seattle and then Alaska cruise
July/Aug. 2 week British Isles cruise'
Sept. 8 nights....Seattle and then Alaska cruise
Oct. 10 nights WDW.....family trip

all those are booked.'
Adding 10 nights at WDW for December

We are making up for lost time. At DW now. Going on transatlantic cruise in may. Going to a dude ranch in Colorado in June. Going to Africa in July and aug. Hawaii in September. Mexico in October. And the TCM cruise in November

Short version: We're going to Hawaii for 13 nights in July. We'll also do a Christmas trip to the ranch we visit every summer (usually). We'll drive up to NY and meet our oldest there.

Long version: Way back in 1990, my FIL died in Hawaii. My IL's loved the state, and had planned to retire there, on a macadamia nut farm. When FIL died, I promised DH that one day, we'd take our kids there. That chit has come due. Why now? I think it's because DH is older than his dad was, when his dad died. So, this is going to be a blow-out trip. We're doing a Tauck tour--5-star--with oceanview rooms in fancy resorts on 4 islands, including 5 nights in the Royal Hawaiian on Waikiki Beach. I splurged for several family members to do the helicopter tour over the volcanoes (some of us are big fat chickens--I'll be waving goodbye to them while sipping a fruity drink, thankyouverymuch!) We're even flying first class--well, the 5 of us who live here are. DD26 and her boyfriend are meeting us there and paying for their own airfare.

After this trip, I'm never going back to Hawaii again.

For the 3rd year in a row, we'll be staying put. First it was Covid, then a previous-November-event-that cannot-be-mentioned, and now Putin causing problems.

Oh, well.....at least I'll have plenty of time to do those outdoor projects.

I've noticed that you make this comment frequently. I just want to say--not everyone gets a set amount of vacation time, like 2 or 3 weeks. Where my DH currently works, he earns a certain number of hours every paycheck, that he can save up. I imagine a lot of people who have this method of accruing vacation time are pretty flush with it right now. In addition, DH can work unpaid overtime to accrue paid time off--he can add an additional 3 days this way. He uses those first, then starts to re-build them. He's also allowed to take time off without pay--we try to avoid this, but he's only worked there for 2 years, so he's not accruing at a rapid rate. Some companies also convert paid holidays to floating ones, that you can take any time. When I worked for GE, we had Election Day off (because the unions negotiated it), which they later converted to a floater.

Spent 4 nights at WDW in Feb.

St. Thomas for a week end of March

That's all we have scheduled at this point, but we do have tickets to see Billy Joel at MSG in August (rescheduled 4 times now lol), so we will do an extra day or 2 in NYC and MAYBE if international travel has fewer restrictions by then, see what kind of cheap flights we can get out of NYC. All the good deals are always from NYC, LA, Miami, etc., not Ohio so since we'll be there anyway might take advantage of it.

We don't take a lot of summer trips except maybe a long weekend. We pay to belong to a club and can only use the pool/tennis/golf so many months out of the year so we like to do that and then travel when it's colder here and there's nothing to do.

New Orleans for a long weekend in a couple weeks, then the day after we get home, we're back on a plane to Arizona for a week (part vacation / part for a soccer tournament).

Still working on summer plans. Hoping to do some sort of trip (thinking about Palm Springs) in October for our 25th anniversary.

I do not work and my husband does get a good bit of vacation time. Both our boys are grown, so we don’t have to worry about school schedules anymore.

Two of my kids are going to Florida next month to visit Granny. We are going to Orlando the end of June. Still trying to decide where to go for our 25th anniversary.

I've noticed that you make this comment frequently. I just want to say--not everyone gets a set amount of vacation time, like 2 or 3 weeks. Where my DH currently works, he earns a certain number of hours every paycheck, that he can save up. I imagine a lot of people who have this method of accruing vacation time are pretty flush with it right now. In addition, DH can work unpaid overtime to accrue paid time off--he can add an additional 3 days this way. He uses those first, then starts to re-build them. He's also allowed to take time off without pay--we try to avoid this, but he's only worked there for 2 years, so he's not accruing at a rapid rate. Some companies also convert paid holidays to floating ones, that you can take any time. When I worked for GE, we had Election Day off (because the unions negotiated it), which they later converted to a floater.
I do make this comment frequently, and I wonder if some folks actually have jobs. I am amazed how time time off they get.
I do believe you might want not to mention the unpaid overtime being converted to paid time off. That's a violation of Federal labor laws. A past employer got into a whole lot of trouble when they allowed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter