• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel day

We drive down and usually get there between 2 and 4 (depends on who is driving). We usually check in and if our room is ready unload our bags, look around the room and head to the bus stop. We hop on the first park bus to arrive. We will grab something to eat at the park, I either make an ADR using MDE while we are on the bus or we will grab a QS or if we are in a park with a bar, grab something at the bar.

We arrive at 5pm after a 25 hour trip to get there. We unpack, head to Disney Springs. Pin trading, Earl of Sandwich, a trip to World of Disney and then back to the hotel so we can hit the parks early the next morning (AK or Epcot)

At the arrival day we are planning to go to Disney Springs and visit Disney quest. Can we pick up the hard tickets there?

Flying from Calgary, Canada our only direct flight gets in at around 5:30 pm. We stay at BWV, so we normally check-in, do some light unpacking and then walk over to the back entrance of Epcot and spend the evening enjoying a few drinks, some snacks and maybe even a ride on Test Track. We have been lucky that for last year and the upcoming January 2017 trip, Epcot has had EMH and we have been able to stay until 11:00 pm.

We arrive typically late afternoon. Swim at the pool or explore the resort. Dinner at the resort - QS in case our flight is late. Last year we watched Wishes from the beach at Poly which was really nice.

Since I usually stay offsite, I take that first late afternoon or evening to get the lay of the land. Pick up supplies (water, ice tea, snacks, etc.) Things change pretty fast in that area so I want to know where I might want to go and how to get there without having to negotiate traffic and find my way at the same time. I'm always to tired after the trip, be it a road trip or even air travel to have much energy when I first arrive or to especially blow a whole day's ticket for just a few hours. The closest I will get to Disney would be Disney Springs on the first arrival day. I also like to settle into my room, get my clothing unpacked and figure out my plans for the next day. I may already know which park I'm going too, if I have made any FP or Dining reservations. (sometimes I don't have either and don't decide on my destination until morning. Sometimes it isn't even to WDW) But, I also have a secondary list of things to do or see.

At the arrival day we are planning to go to Disney Springs and visit Disney quest. Can we pick up the hard tickets there?
Yes you certainly can, and that is why I got into the habit of going to Disney Springs on that first evening whenever possible or needed. Guest services is usually not overly busy and you get quick good service there. I don't know if they have moved it with all the changes that have been happening, but, I used to be fairly close to the World of Disney.

What do you like to do the first afternoon/evening at Disney (the day you arrive)?

Hit the parks! Our next trip we land at MCO at 10:50 AM. We plan to be in Hollywood Studios by 2, and I"ll make a couple of fast passes for the afternoon, then we'll hop over to MK for evening EMH

We drive down from Pennsylvania so it depends on our time. The last two trips we've done great with time, so we were able to hit the parks in the afternoon. I'm hoping to do the same next year.

For our May trip - swim at Poly, dinner at Ohana, watch fireworks from the beach.

For our trip next Dec maybe hit Disney Springs since it will be all Christmasy.

Always a resort/pool day regardless of arrival time. That way we are early in bed and excited to get going the next a.m.!

Its always different for us. Our next trip we have an ADR at Park Fare but no parks. Not even sure what time we will arrive or whether or not we will even fly or drive. We typically fly down, first flight of the morning but driving is not out of the question since we are only about 7 hours away (Atlanta).

In the past we have spent time at DTD, spent a half day at the park or simply relaxed at the resort. Once we get inside the bubble, it doesn't really matter to me what we do..

We unpack, explore our resort, go to the pool if it's warm, have reservations to eat somewhere close, & relax.

We come from the PNW so we have a long flight to get there. We keep it mellow with dinner and Disney Springs. W either eat at the resort food court or do a DS ADR. Really, we just walk around, window shop, listen to some live music and DS always does Build A Dino.

We'll be getting in late morning, after driving all day to get to Fl the day before. The plan is to get lunch at DS, shop for the kids' souvenirs, enjoy the pool and dinner at the resort with an early bedtime.

We arrive on 12/24. We used to take the boat over to DS, grab a quick bite to eat at WPE, then relax before Xmas Eve dinner. It was always easy, as we stayed at POFQ.

This year we're staying at Beach Club. We plan on arriving by 12pm, splitting a lunch at Boardwalk Bakery, then relaxing and decorating our room until we go to Il Mulino for dinner and Ample Hills for dessert.

Typically we arrive later in the afternoon so we would usually just hang out in the room and plan an early dinner and hit the hay early to get a good nights sleep.
But this time we are arriving pretty early (our plane lands at 11:30 AM at MCO) so we are having a late lunch in Disney Springs and then spending the evening in EPCOT. We will be at Beach Club Villas so I figured why not get some extra park time! I am super excited to ride the new Soarin, we have FP's that evening :thumbsup2

I'm the crazy 6am flight out of NYC for our whole fam, check in at the resort and race to MK! For our next trip we will have an infant alongside our 5 year old, not sure how feasible my historical speed will be for all, haha... I wish I could be content enjoying the hotel and relaxing for the next day, but seeing my daughter's face with Town Square Mickey is too good to pass up on day 1! We shall see, I need to be ready to roll with it :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter