• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Travel Agent question

Danilu

Earning My Ears
We sailed last year, on our first Disney cruise!

We did the fantasy western Caribbean in September and it was through a travel agency.

While onboard we book a placeholder but did it directly and not with the travel agent. We did not had the experience that we were expecting. She was not very friendly :( .

We are thinking about a doing Eastern Caribbean this year and I was wondering if is still possible to transfer the placeholder to a different TA?

Sorry, you can only name an agent to it within 30 days of placing the placeholder.

you can only transfer it if you are within the 30 day window of booking the placeholder, if you are still in the 30 ay window, you can still transfer it even if you didn't name the TA, the TA can send you a form

you can only transfer it if you are within the 30 day window of booking the placeholder, if you are still in the 30 ay window, you can still transfer it even if you didn't name the TA, the TA can send you a form
When making an onboard booking, if the cruise you are currently on was booked through a TA, you have two options, either assign the new booking(placeholder) to the same TA or indicate "no TA".

If an OBB has a TA assigned, in order to transfer it to a different TA, the original one must release the booking. Some TAs charge a cancellation fee for this. Some don't.

If the OBB had no TA assigned, then a reservation can be transferred to any TA.

At any rate, all transfers to TAs must be done within 30 days of original booking. Since OP indicated
We did the fantasy western Caribbean in September
they are past their 30 days.

Can you use the same agency, but request a different travel agent from that agency? If so, does this need to be done before or after obtaining the placeholder?

I'm not impressed with our assigned travel agent (DU); however, I haven't decided whether to ditch the agency all together or just request a new agent after my upcoming cruise.

I did request a change of agents with DU and I am very pleased with our "new" agent. Sometimes the personality mix just isn't a good fit.

I did request a change of agents with DU and I am very pleased with our "new" agent. Sometimes the personality mix just isn't a good fit.

That's good to know, thx! At what point did you request to change agents? I'm debating if I should request the change before my sailing or after. Did you call DU or request the change online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter