Travel Agent Appreciation Thread

kylenne

Wakandan-American
Wasn't sure where else to put this but I figured here was just as good as any, given the Dreams show. I just wanted to start a thread of appreciation for all of the hardworking Disney-focused travel agents out there, including the Dreams folks even though I use another agency, given this unprecedented time. They are the unsung heroes of Disney vacation planning, even for us knowledgeable and seasoned A-type planners, an amazing resource to have on your side, and right now has got to be incredibly tough for them. Especially those TAs who have clients currently at the parks, on cruises, or scheduled to travel soon. Their livelihoods will surely be affected by this as well as the travel industry is essentially shutting down.

So, thank you for all that you do every day for your clients, staying on hold with Disney for ages and fighting their jenga pile of an IT system, hunting for discounts while we're sleeping, etc. I hope you are taking good care of yourselves and your families during this stressful time.

Wasn't sure where else to put this but I figured here was just as good as any, given the Dreams show. I just wanted to start a thread of appreciation for all of the hardworking Disney-focused travel agents out there, including the Dreams folks even though I use another agency, given this unprecedented time. They are the unsung heroes of Disney vacation planning, even for us knowledgeable and seasoned A-type planners, an amazing resource to have on your side, and right now has got to be incredibly tough for them. Especially those TAs who have clients currently at the parks, on cruises, or scheduled to travel soon. Their livelihoods will surely be affected by this as well as the travel industry is essentially shutting down.

So, thank you for all that you do every day for your clients, staying on hold with Disney for ages and fighting their jenga pile of an IT system, hunting for discounts while we're sleeping, etc. I hope you are taking good care of yourselves and your families during this stressful time.
VERY nicely said, and I love your heart for thinking of it! And - oh yeah - I agree! :)

Agreed. While everyone is concerned with their vacations (and rightfully so) these TA's are now going to be missing income, but still working. Praying that this over and done with soon so travel can begin again.

I also want to commend Disney for still paying their CM's during this 2 week shut down, although they obviously can afford it, it's still a great gesture and a reminder of why I love Disney so much. I actually plan on doing some shopping on the ShopDisney site as a little thank you. I don't particularly need anything nor do my kids, but I'm lucky enough that even with a statewide shut down of public schools I'll still be able to work while at home with my kids. Might seem a little crazy, but don't really know what else to do.

VERY nicely said, and I love your heart for thinking of it! And - oh yeah - I agree! :)

Aww thank you! I got inspired by emailing with my TA today. She is a wonderful lady and even though I’m usually a pretty low maintenance client, I emailed her frantic and she still got back to me promptly even though our May trip isn’t immediately impacted, reassuring us about my gf’s Canadian resident ticket. This current situation really underlines to me why we use her services even though I’m a hyper A type planner and tend to do everything myself. She always goes above and beyond for us and I know there are many more TAs like her out there.

Aww thank you! I got inspired by emailing with my TA today. She is a wonderful lady and even though I’m usually a pretty low maintenance client, I emailed her frantic and she still got back to me promptly even though our May trip isn’t immediately impacted, reassuring us about my gf’s Canadian resident ticket. This current situation really underlines to me why we use her services even though I’m a hyper A type planner and tend to do everything myself. She always goes above and beyond for us and I know there are many more TAs like her out there.
I can identify - my TA is a long time (almost 30 years!) personal friend. She always goes above and beyond - for me, anybody I've ever recommended to her, and I'm quite sure all her clients. That's another reason your post personally resonated with me. And I'm sure you've seen where I've talked quite a bit here about making sure others in our lives and those we come into contact with know, and feel, they are valued, and appreciated - for who they are, and what they do! :)

I'll add my thanks and appreciation here as well. Val & I have had a long acquaintance with the DIS and Dreams Unlimited. We use Tracey for all our cruises and she stepped up to the plate just a few days ago when we decided to cancel an upcoming cruise.

I hope all the TA's will be able to weather this health crisis. It is going to be a severe financial hit to them individually as they work on commission and don't get paid until after the trip. Sending big hugs.:grouphug:

We are DVC members, so we never used a TA for a our Disney trips. I just booked a split DVC/hotel resort stay. Is it possible to transfer the non DVC part to a travel agent? I'd be happy to help an agent out.

We are DVC members, so we never used a TA for a our Disney trips. I just booked a split DVC/hotel resort stay. Is it possible to transfer the non DVC part to a travel agent? I'd be happy to help an agent out.
I am NOT a travel agent - want to stress that - but I THINK they would have to cancel your hotel portion, and then rebook it as a new reservation to "get credit" for it. The friend/TA that I use did that with a cruise years ago when I booked by myself, without thinking of her first, and that's exactly how it worked.

I also know that some TA's only get commissions if they book packages, not a "room only" reservation, don't know the extent of that restriction.

In any case - I think it's fabulous you are thinking of doing this to help someone else's situation out a bit! 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter