• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transporting Magic Bands

scard192

DIS Veteran
planning on putting all the MB in one zip lock bag in my carry on. Any problem with them all being together in one bag? We will put them on when we get to MCO.
Thanks

There is no problem at all transporting your magic bands on the plane. It doesn't matter if you put them in a carryon or checked bag.

I personally would keep them with me and not in my checked bags. What happens if the airlines looses your luggage:confused3

There is no problem at all transporting your magic bands on the plane. It doesn't matter if you put them in a carryon or checked bag.

Disney suggests keeping them in your carry on so you have access to them as soon as you arrive. You can use them to check in for Magical Express, to get into your resort room or to head right to the parks if your room is not yet ready.

they are going in my carry on. I am asking it there would be any issues with putting them all together in one plastic bag; the chips or whatever is in the bands will be touching.

We will put them on as soon as we get off the plane.

I'm planning on putting ours on when we leave the house that morning! LOL...

I think I heard they are ok through airport security and the chip will be ok? Or should we have them "hand inspected"?

everything that I've read states they are fine to go thru the security scanners that it will not have any affect on the bands RFID chip.:thumbsup2

They are not magnetic so sending them through the xray machine is fine. Many credit cards have the same type of chip. Just put them in your carry on and they will be fine.

I have all 4 of mine in a Ziploc bag (together) I will have them in my carry on so they are easy to grab when we get there. I have read other people doing this and haven't heard that is has caused issues with the bands so I don't think it will be an issue.

they are going in my carry on. I am asking it there would be any issues with putting them all together in one plastic bag; the chips or whatever is in the bands will be touching.

We will put them on as soon as we get off the plane.

Doesn't hurt anything.

As some PP have said, I wouldn't put my in the checked luggage because:

1) You'll need it for the magical express
2) If you want to go to a park or use them for purchases you'd have to wait for your checked luggage to arrive
3) If you are at BC or YC and you'd like to swim you'll need it for SAB

Have an awesome trip!!

As some PP have said, I wouldn't put my in the checked luggage because:

1) You'll need it for the magical express
2) If you want to go to a park or use them for purchases you'd have to wait for your checked luggage to arrive
3) If you are at BC or YC and you'd like to swim you'll need it for SAB

Have an awesome trip!!

And if your checked luggage is delayed for whatever reason (it happens) ..... :crazy2:

Yep - have ours in a ziploc bag ready to go into my carryon backpack.

Excited to try them out - we arrive Friday morning.

Another vote to just wear them on the plane. I know I will be too excited to have MBs anywhere but where they belong, on my wrist!

Another vote to just wear them on the plane. I know I will be too excited to have MBs anywhere but where they belong, on my wrist!

2 airports, airplane, kids, including a 2 year old; figured better in the carry on so when we go to ME, we will have all bands accounted for. :thumbsup2

We just returned last night. They are fine going thru security. We used them at ME. Worked great!

Maybe Disney should just ship them in ziploc bags and save all the unnecessary packaging, since that seems what most people are transporting them in. :rotfl:

If we were selected to participate in the magicbands trial can we still get our park tickets 3 day early? :confused3 We are doing a split stay and a little nervous about not being able to enter the parks till our package starts. Any info would be appreciated thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter