Transportation recommendations needed...

cajaput

Loving all things Disney!
My family of 4 was able to get a great deal on round-trip tickets through Southwest this morning for our upcoming December cruise on the Fantasy. This will be our first time flying and not driving! We'll be arriving the day before we cruise and will need transportation from MCO to the Country Inn & Suites right by Port Canaveral. I know the hotel provides transportation to the Port on the morning of our cruise, so I'm not worried about that part. Then, we'll need transportation from the Port back to MCO after the cruise.

I'm overwhelmed by all of the choices & obviously have no experience with any of them, so I'm looking to you for recommendations. Who do you feel provides the best deal?

You could look into one way car rentals. Budget has a terminal right next door to your hotel and they have shuttle to and from the port.

Coming in the day before, we enjoyed the 1-day car rental. (We also used Budget.) It was easy enough to pick up the car at the airport and drop it off at the port and then take Budget's free shuttle to the port. The best part was that we had the car to go to dinner the night before the cruise. We could go to the port whenever we wanted. We could hit the grocery store or the liquor store the morning of the cruise. My brother-in-law's suitcase broke during the flight, and he was able to go to Target that morning and buy a new one. If we did a shuttle, none of this would have been as easy.

But to each their own.

I agree I would rent a car one way. Most of the rental companies also have shuttles to the port the morning of the cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter