Transportation help from Disneyland to LAX

ceecee

DIS Veteran
We have booked at the Candy Cane Inn and they recommended Prime Time or Super Shuttle both have horrible reviews. What should we use? I have never done Uber, don't know if there are town cars or not. We are taking the Amtrak in to Anaheim from San Diego and don't want to rent a car unless we have to.

We used super shuttle a few years back. It was was ok. Set up was easy, driver was nice, and overall time wasn’t bad. We are considering a private shuttle ride with them. we Have priced Uber as well, and for the 4 of us it would be about 65 or so to Disneyland from LAX. In other cities I have had a decent experience with Uber/Lyft. And that’s what we used as our main transportation in Disney world.

I do like Lansky, but they are substantially more than Uber.

We have used Uber the last 3 times we went and had no issues going to and from LAX. I say bite the bullet and give it a try.

I've used Super Shuttle multiple times over multiple years to and from LAX. Most recently last week from LAX to my hotel in Hollywood. Never had any issues and I'm a solo female traveler

We used an Uber XL to be sure there was room for 3 of us plus luggage. Cost was about $80 and was very efficient. (this was on a Sunday, mid morning)

I have used Super Shuttle twice, and Uber twice. I won't do a shared shuttle again. Ick. You are at the whims of the driver depending on how many other passengers there are. Last time it took 2 hours from SNA (35 minutes away) because he dropped off EVERYBODY, all over Garden Grove and Anaheim, before me. Then on the way back, they showed up 15 minutes BEFORE the opening of my 15 minute return time window, and acted pissed that I wasn't there and ready.

Uber was fine. It's important to insist that the driver and the car be as advertised-- last ride was "Oh, I'm driving my brother's car today, mine's in the shop" -sketchy- and it was a mess inside. But it was quick and cost-efficient.

This time we're also coming from LAX, and I decided to splurge on Execucar for the 4 of us-- it's operated by Super Shuttle but a private car, meeting us curbside. I considered Lansky's, but it's around $100 bucks more.

Over the years we have used PrimeTime shuttle with no problems... They did not circle the airport looking for more fares and pick up was easy and on time.

Do also consider Karmel Shuttle too - they've given us fantastic service over the years. They will be competitive on price but their drivers are friendly and helpful.

Here’s a vote for Lansky. It’s one of my most important splurges because I don’t want to worry about getting to Disney or getting to the airport when our trip is over. Plus, the grocery stop is very convenient and their drivers are very helpful.

When I am solo, I use Lyft from LAX. Never been an issue. But if I am with my family, I much prefer Lansky. They are such a breeze to work with and they have very up to date and nice car seats and boosters if you have kids.

I just used Karmel and they were really good, if you don't want to pay more for being the only passenger.

I can't recommend Lansky enough. In the past I've taken Super Shuttle and Karmel. Lansky is the only way I go now. They are on time, professional, and courteous. I am a single woman travelling with my DD. The first time I booked Lansky, my overprotective older brother was extremely nervous. He even called and spoke with Daniel. (Talk about embarrassing) He had no problem with his little sister and his niece booking with Lansky. I've always felt extremely comfortable with them. Oh, we also stay at the Candy Cane Inn and fly in and out of LAX.

We are thinking Lansky is the way to go, do you have to make these reservations in advance? Also we are taking Amtrak from San Diego to Anaheim...do we need to make those in advance as well?

Yes you need to book Lansky ahead of time. We’ve used them and Uber without any issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter