Transportation from Sanford Airport??

Sanford airport is 42+ miles from WDW property, this equates to about 1 hour of driving time (possibly more with traffic) and a very expensive Uber/Lyft/taxi ride.. Unless you are renting a car, I would not recommend flying into Sanford airport.. If you already booked a flight, I would recommend trying to change your flight to arrive/depart from MCO if possible..

Sanford airport is 42+ miles from WDW property, this equates to about 1 hour of driving time (possibly more with traffic) and a very expensive Uber/Lyft/taxi ride.. Unless you are renting a car, I would not recommend flying into Sanford airport.. If you already booked a flight, I would recommend trying to change your flight to arrive/depart from MCO if possible..

My sister is using her points for our flights.
I tried to tell her it was cheaper to fly into MCO and pay for it and save her points. But she does what she wants.

Renting a car, one way with a drop off at WDW may be the best deal. Alamo offers a drop off at car care center. Other agencies have desks in hotels in the area, some in Disney Springs

How many people?

Last edited:

I'm going to contact Tony Hinds and get a quote. I'll also check 1 way car rental, just 2 people. Thanks everyone ☺

I just checked Uber out of curiosity. From Sanford to the Grand Floridian right now, Uber X is $55 and Uber XL $89. From MCO as a comparison, Uber X Is $50 and Uber XL $64. So not a tremendous difference, especially if you can get much cheaper flights into Sanford or use points. Of course it’s worth checking at different times of the day (especially at the time you would be arriving). And bear in mind that surge pricing can push the prices higher.

Checked Lyft $71 one way. Who knows what's going to happen by the end of May. Fingers crossed I can find something that won't cost too much.

For only 2-3 people, I use Uber/Lyft. If we have a large group or need car seats, then I book a transfer. I’ve used Sunny’s Orlando Transportation several times.

Has anyone done Uber/Lyft recently from Sanford ? Was thinking of using a town car too- any recommendations?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter