• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Transp. from WL to Cindy's.

Kimberle

WL Vet

Hi,
Thinking abt making PS for Cindy's for our trip in mid-Sept. We are staying at WL. Do the buses/boats run early if I get an early seating? Parks open at 9, does anybody know what time the first bus/boat runs?

Also, if I make the PS for 3, then dh doesn't go <notorious for changing his mind>, and only dd and I go, will I still have to pay for his meal?

Thanks!

:tongue:

There is a character breakfast bus that starts running at or near 7am for those early PS's. Not sure about if you would have to pay for DH, but I wouldn't think you would have to. I think they are only concerned if you do not show up at all.

Hi there,
We stayed at WL last Aug and had an early PS @ Cindy's. We took the boat to the Contermporary and then walked to the main gate. It worked out fine. I'm not sure if you'd still have to pay for hubby.
Our timing worked out great for Cindy's. We left right at 9:00 or a couple of minutes before and went right to the Pooh ride. We got to go on the ride w/ Pooh himself!
Good Luck,
duck

I like that idea of boating to CR from WL and then walking over, do you remember how long you waited for the boat to CR that early??
I was told the MK boats start running at 8:15, the WL CM advised us to take the TTC bus so....

Last August when we had 9am PS at CRTs we took the TTC bus around 8:15-dd and I had the bus to ourselves. (probably could have taken the boat but I didn't want to chance it being overcrowded). Then we caught the monorail and got to the castle early and had to sit and wait! We took our time too (we probably would have been late if we left later:)

We had a PS for 3 and it wound up that DH did not got to WDW with us. I called Disney Dining a few days prior to ask about changing from a party of 3 to a party of 2 and they told me it wasn't necessary to change anything. The deposit for DH's meal was applied to the total of the bill for DD and I so our breakfast was pretty much paid for except for the tip.

We have 8:30 PS this trip coming up at CRTs so I may try that boat to the CR and walking route.

If I recall correctly, we didn't wait that long at all for the boat. And it wasn't a long walk. We were with 2 6yr old dd's (twins) and we still took our strollers along. They sat in the stollers for the walk. I personally liked that because our strollers folded up easily and we had the storage underneath. I could have just been in totally laid back vacation mode, but I don't recall any problems with the transoportation at WL . The only problem we did have was actually going from the Boardwalk to MK for the parade one night. But no problems from WL. We won't be going this year or next because I'll be delivering our third child one week from today! woohoo! We're planning to go the following summer, and w/the baby I still get to use the stroller:).
Take Care,
Duck

Thanks everybody.
I called right at 7, when the CM picked up at 7:04 Cindy's tables were all gone. :(

Oh, well, I'll have to try again tomorrow.....

Are you trying to do Cindy's on an early entry day? If not, you could still try and get a later seating,say anywhere between 7-8. That still gives you an hour at the castle. I don't seem to recall staying longer than that.
Duck

Kim - what date(s) are you looking for? I currently have 2 PS for CRT on 9/19 - I got thru and so did my DU agent. If that date works for you we can try coordinating my cancellation call with your call.

Thanks, Michelle, we're not arriving until 9/20 late in the afternoon.

I'll keep trying!! I have 5 more days!

I really think this is the best way to get to MK for a breakfast prior to opening. However I don't know how early the boat from WL to CR begins. Also people who have PS for Chef Mickeys also maybe staying at WL.

THANKS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter