transfering DGC to just one card

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
I have quite a few DGC that I would like to put on one card

when I went to disney gift card do I click on transfer balance

and then pick one of my cards to transfer all the other cards to

also it asks for a nickname--why do I need a nickname

as an example I have a $100 GC that I want to put all the rest of them on--next I have a $50 GC so I put in the account # and code and then it automatically is added into the first card

any other advice would be very helpful this is the first time Im doing this usually I have several GC I take with me

thanks for the help

I use nicknames to prevent confusion when transferring online. To each their own. Transfer balance will transfer the whole balance to the card of your choice. You can put up to $1,000 on a DGC. Up to 5 cards per DGC account.

Did this just yesterday with the cards I got for Christmas. It was easy peasy! I was impressed!

thanks for the help and thats its easy to do--thats what I need easy to do

now to get busy this will be so nice not having to drag a bunch of cards

thanks for the help and thats its easy to do--thats what I need easy to do

now to get busy this will be so nice not having to drag a bunch of cards

One tip is to keep a spare card in your account and take it with you to WDW and leave it in the room safe. If you accidentally lose your main card, you can quickly transfer the balance to your spare card.

We used a giftcard for all of our food and souvenirs on our trip this summer. We loved how the balance remaining showed up on our receipts. We preferred using the giftcard to charging to the room.

And make sure you don't load up the ones you'll carry with you in the park with too much money (like I did). For some reason, I thought I would be able to transfer specified amounts from one card to another card, so I loaded up several GCs with $900+. Then, I had no choice but to walk around the park with that much money on a card. :eek:

And make sure you don't load up the ones you'll carry with you in the park with too much money (like I did). For some reason, I thought I would be able to transfer specified amounts from one card to another card, so I loaded up several GCs with $900+. Then, I had no choice but to walk around the park with that much money on a card. :eek:

And that's why I prefer using the room charging feature when staying onsite, so I can leave the card in the safe in my room. Of course, if you are staying offsite you don't have that privilege. I usually prepay my room charges a few days before I arrive with gift cards also, so I only have food to pay for once I arive.

I love the second-card idea! Thanks!!!

I just transferred all of our "small cards" we had gathered in the past year onto our "main card," but I did keep one "spare card" with no balance just because it was pretty (yes, really.) So now I have a better reason for having it! *LOVE* the DIS!!!

I just recently transferred a ton of little cards to two cards, and I was planning on doing just this. I get the risk if I lose it, but I just wanted to make sure I understand how you are saying to avoid it. Are you saying to keep one with a smaller balance and then keep transferring to it as we use the credit?

I also never thought about charging to the room... could we load the room account up with a gift card or two on arrival and then get a refund (back on the gift card) if we don't use it all? Is there anywhere you can't charge to the room? Like the carts?

I just recently transferred a ton of little cards to two cards, and I was planning on doing just this. I get the risk if I lose it, but I just wanted to make sure I understand how you are saying to avoid it. Are you saying to keep one with a smaller balance and then keep transferring to it as we use the credit?

I also never thought about charging to the room... could we load the room account up with a gift card or two on arrival and then get a refund (back on the gift card) if we don't use it all? Is there anywhere you can't charge to the room? Like the carts?

I guess the best way to say it is that once you have combined lots of cards onto one card (call it Card A), you can't transfer small amounts from Card A onto another card. It's all or nothing. Personally, I wish I had done multiple cards with about $250.

As for charging back to the room - you can't "pre-load" the gift cards to your room account but you can go down to the front desk anytime and pay off your balance. I settled up the morning we checked out, though I had also paid it down one other time during our stay.

I guess the best way to say it is that once you have combined lots of cards onto one card (call it Card A), you can't transfer small amounts from Card A onto another card. It's all or nothing. Personally, I wish I had done multiple cards with about $250.

As for charging back to the room - you can't "pre-load" the gift cards to your room account but you can go down to the front desk anytime and pay off your balance. I settled up the morning we checked out, though I had also paid it down one other time during our stay.

Got it, thanks! I guess I'll do the room charges whenever we can, then.

Can one gift card be put on 2 Disney gift card sites? Ex: kids and spouses were all gifted a $50 gift card that I plan on adding to during this year. Can they also put the same GC on acct under their name and add $$ also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter